British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Does make me wonder if the plug will be pulled on either Stars or Panthers to cut costs 

There is still the rearrange meeting Panthers v Stars to be staged yet.

2 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

There is still the rearrange meeting Panthers v Stars to be staged yet.

What's the chances of that happening?

22 minutes ago, Najjer said:

As has been proven on a number of times, there is not enough riders for that to happen.

That depends on the number of tracks still running next year

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I can’t believe this meeting was postponed because of two missing riders.  If laguta was going to be missing I could understand missing your top two would be very difficult to cover. But kings lynn haven’t actually said who apart from the obvious absentees would be missing. 
a little transparency would stop a lot of bad feeling. 
Many Ipswich fans attended two weeks ago. I wonder how many will not attend the restaging in protest. 

Every KL and Ipswich fan should stay away and treat the half-wit Chapman with same the contempt that he has treated loyal speedway fans over some considerable time. As I have said before the deceitful shallow man deserves nothing from fans only derision. Take note Mr Chapman, what goes around come’s around!! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

That depends on the number of tracks still running next year

There isn’t enough Championship riders for Championship teams (hence why some of them started the year with 6 rider teams) without added teams from the Premiership 

• Confused 1

6 man teams with a junior at reserve? Wouldnt say no to some sort of four team tournament league either with 5 man teams with a named reserve that has to take at least two/three rides. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Does make me wonder if the plug will be pulled on either Stars or Panthers to cut costs 

Cant see a valid reason to pull the plug on Peterborough , all the issues Buster currently has are at Lynn not Peterborough, 

The upcoming announcement seems most likely that Laguta's now gone ,

There was talk of Lindgren for Laguta recently but cant see Lindgren being that much cheaper than Laguta but maybe at least reliable to show up

Maybe Robert Lambert will answer the SOS call

If the plug was pulled on Lynn it may have repercussions for the teams fighting for a play off spot if match points are removed at this late stage 

Edited by scoobydoo

21 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If the plug was pulled on Lynn it may have repercussions for the teams fighting for a play off spot if match points are removed at this late stage 

BSPL will expunge but maybe only R2 results 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

What's the chances of that happening?

0 imo.

Buster should just merge KL and Peterborough as one team next season, Home attendances would be good as you'll get all of the loyal KL fans as well as the loyal Panthers fans turning up every week.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

Buster should just merge KL and Peterborough as one team next season, Home attendances would be good as you'll get all of the loyal KL fans as well as the loyal Panthers fans turning up every week.

Keep MT and CJ away..  We don't need hot air, and dont want to be expected to clean the bogs either :lol:

Fan wise it could work though, as you say.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, therefused said:

But Thompson started the meeting, that is the difference. 

Indeed and there is absolutely no reason why KL could not have done the same today and start the meeting!

I expect it will be confirmed that the real reason for the call off was the absence of Laguta and they dared not play the food poisoning or wrist injury card again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

There isn’t enough Championship riders for Championship teams (hence why some of them started the year with 6 rider teams) without added teams from the Premiership 

That's this year. Without knowing how many teams might come to the startline next year that might not be an issue. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Laguta gone would be my guess.

Good riddance I'd say - the meeting at Foxhall showed where his skills are lacking.  There also seems to be too much will he won't he ride discussions about him. 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

No I don’t believe you would - not in the circle of friends I mix with who are all “loyal Panthers fans”.  

• Like 1