British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

3v6 and 4v5 would work, and would remove 4 fixtures from the playoffs.

Starting on time would help a bit too.

But 1&2 then have n weeks with no fixtures…

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Glasgow and Edinburgh definitely both struggled for attendance today. Glasgow’s match clashed with the Celtic game, which I’m sure didn’t help.

Still a healthy crowd though for an off day fixture.

Seemed to fill up just before star time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KrisB said:

That’s a fair point, but if I was being flippant, I might say that’s no different to most other weeks in the season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Glasgow and Edinburgh definitely both struggled for attendance today. Glasgow’s match clashed with the Celtic game, which I’m sure didn’t help.

Glasgow never have big crowds do they?;)

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I honestly don’t know what our real crowd numbers are. I’ve heard figures of 1,000 recently. Not sure I believe that. 800 seems more like what I’ve seen, but maybe there are people in places I don’t see. It’s also pointless to count anyone who didn’t have to pay to get in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I honestly don’t know what our real crowd numbers are. I’ve heard figures of 1,000 recently. Not sure I believe that. 800 seems more like what I’ve seen, but maybe there are people in places I don’t see. It’s also pointless to count anyone who didn’t have to pay to get in.

I have never understood why attendance figures are never published at Speedway the way Football figures are published.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Most of the riders have other Teams too. Ride for though between Poland Premiership and guesting.Letting the Top Team pick both opponents was a mistake IMO.

Edited by Fromafar

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Compared to other Championship track they have IMO.Poole is an exception though.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, Skidder1 said:

have u ever been to berwick ... edinburgh  birmingham  . i went to edinburgh on saturday night ... lucky if there were 400 .... around 30 were glasgow supporters who had done both meetings.....  also have u ever been to ashfield recently ..... racing is good .... alot better than the crap u provide at poole.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:05 PM, Gazc said:

I have never understood why attendance figures are never published at Speedway the way Football figures are published.

Tax man?! 

Edited by lbw

10 minutes ago, tigger63 said:

have u ever been to berwick ... edinburgh  birmingham  . i went to edinburgh on saturday night ... lucky if there were 400 .... around 30 were glasgow supporters who had done both meetings.....  also have u ever been to ashfield recently ..... racing is good .... alot better than the crap u provide at poole.

I admit that the track may not be that consistent as others in it's entertainment value but what it does help provide is the most successful team ever & also the biggest crowds!

Not bad for ur perceived view of it being 'crap'!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tigger63 said:

I wasn't seeking to compare Glasgow with Edinburgh Birmingham etc( incidentally I've been to both but not Berwick) but if one follows your argument about 'good racing' then crowds would be spilling out into surrounding roads in Glasgow every week!! There has to be a level of sustained success to maintain good crowd levels. As well as having the 'sports most successful promoter' - not my words simply those of the reporter covering the Coventry Stadium Inquiry!

PS. I haven't been to Ashfield this season and hopefully won't have to if Oxford do the biz tomorrow!:D

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wasn't seeking to compare Glasgow with Edinburgh Birmingham etc( incidentally I've been to both but not Berwick) but if one follows your argument about 'good racing' then crowds would be spilling out into surrounding roads in Glasgow every week!! There has to be a level of sustained success to maintain good crowd levels. As well as having the 'sports most successful promoter' - not my words simply those of the reporter covering the Coventry Stadium Inquiry!

PS. I haven't been to Ashfield this season and hopefully won't have to if Oxford do the biz tomorrow!:D

Glasgow have decent crowds though.

2 hours ago, lbw said:

I admit that the track may not be that consistent as others in it's entertainment value but what it does help provide is the most successful team ever & also the biggest crowds!

Not bad for ur perceived view of it being 'crap'!

Leicester City have the most second tier titles in the English Football League, does that make them the most successful team ever? Typical Poole-fan logic. I think you'll find Belle Vue (13) have the most top tier titles in British speedway!

And do you have any proof Poole have the biggest crowds, every time I've been they've been down on the crowds Oxford currently get.

Edited by Bojangles

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

i admit saturdays crowd was down on our normal but it was the glasgow bank holiday weekend . plus the meeting was rearranged at short notice.... add to that  football football was on ...... ps hope we meet u in the final..... lol.