British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

8 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

The world has gone mad. Fans are not cheering at the fallen rider, they are cheering for the gain for their team as a result of the incident, like when a top opposition rider goes through the tapes. It’s happened at all tracks and has been happening for the 52 years I have been going to speedway. It does not mean anyone wants to see a rider hurt though.

I feel a football hooligan style mentality has evolved due to the the win at all costs attitude from certain promotions

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Were you at the match? If not how did you hear it ?

On the clip provided on Eurosport, you could hear it even though Dave Rowe was commentating. 

I'm not daft, I understand the context and that it sealed a tight match with Ippo's big guns to come in heat 15. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You would not expect king to lose to flint. He only beat worrall and Becker once each. 

I think you're doing Leon a dis-service there, he was fabulous in that race.

Another Wolves home thread and again the discussion is about them cheering potentially injured riders. Why do speedway supporters single out Wolves fans when it happens everywhere - apparently?

52 minutes ago, ouch said:

Another Wolves home thread and again the discussion is about them cheering potentially injured riders. Why do speedway supporters single out Wolves fans when it happens everywhere - apparently?

Because there is evidence it happens at Wolves when the cameras are in town, are there more fallers at wolves possibly?

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

King certainly hasn't been  our biggest let down,, he's had a normal Danny season 

But that is a let down, given that he was full of himself at the start of the season, with statements about challenging the top two.  He should have had the pressure off with Doyle and Sayfutdinov leading the way, but failed to respond.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think you're doing Leon a dis-service there, he was fabulous in that race.

I wasn’t being disrespectful to Leon but king is a third heat leader with a nigh on 8 pt average. It was more a dig at king 

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

But that is a let down, given that he was full of himself at the start of the season, with statements about challenging the top two.  He should have had the pressure off with Doyle and Sayfutdinov leading the way, but failed to respond.

I would like to see his average against Peterborough and lynn meeting’s versus belle vue Sheffield Leicester and wolves. 
he seems to score lots against the bottom two and struggles against the rest. It would be interesting to see if the figures confirm that. 
biggest problem this year is conceding heat advantages in heat 12

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I would like to see his average against Peterborough and lynn meeting’s versus belle vue Sheffield Leicester and wolves. 
he seems to score lots against the bottom two and struggles against the rest. It would be interesting to see if the figures confirm that. 

Home - three biggest scores are against Peterborough, Peterborough and Peterborough.

Away - top 3 scores @ Leicester, Belle Vue and Leicester

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The issue with King is his disappearance at vital times when you need a skipper’s performance. Heat 12 this year has certainly been an issue.

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Home against Lynn and P/B   8.70            Home against BV, shef, wolves  7.14

Away .....................................   7.38             Away .......................................     5.92

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Away .....................................   7.38             Away .......................................     5.92

you are too nice - id have made him do that himself! the internet is your friend remember!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ouch said:

I didn't cheer last night as the vast majority didn't, however I would certainly cheer if you fell off your push bike, if that's possible with stabilizers on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

you are too nice - id have made him do that himself! the internet is your friend remember!

He must of caught me on a good day :)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Top bloke   Thank you 

• Like 1