British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Sheffield - 21st Aug

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I would say when there were 3 sections of the main stand closed and big gaps in those that were open 1k would be excellent

Grandstand half full? Maybe more plus a decent smattering on the back straight? So 1500ish? 

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Grandstand half full? Maybe more plus a decent smattering on the back straight? So 1500ish? 

Stand half open and then half full, when you saw head on shots of the stand there were a lot of empty seats

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

a good 1500 for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Stand holds 2k i think? So 1400 and the rest 300, so a good 1700 hundred plus i would say. Excellent for a TV meeting. Maybe the fans are making the most of it while they can.

I suppose given all things yes encouraging if guessed at about 1500ish the Grandstand had some sections nearer to the 1st /2nd and 3/4th bends closed 

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

I suppose given all things yes encouraging if guessed at about 1500ish the Grandstand had some sections nearer to the 1st /2nd and 3/4th bends closed 

We ain't far out :)

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Stand half open and then half full, when you saw head on shots of the stand there were a lot of empty seats

What is up with you iainb? Obviously an ardent follower of speedway and you not only post on here regularly but seem to get to around to lots of speedway venues   ......  but lots of negativity! Come on, let's have a touch more positivity. It's not all bad you know. 

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

What is up with you iainb? Obviously an ardent follower of speedway and you not only post on here regularly but seem to get to around to lots of speedway venues   ......  but lots of negativity! Come on, let's have a touch more positivity. It's not all bad you know. 

If there was 1200 in the stand, and i think there was more. Add the rest and minimum was 1500 imho.

Kelv said something like " Big up to the management to get riders in" referring  to the 2 new lads  There is only Buster since Johnson/MT bailed. Yet  he don't care?? ... Hope Lynn gets Paddy next season and MT steps up for the Panthers.. Don't hold your breath Panthers fans. I've been slagged off all season. by many. Lets see what MT and CJ does next season....

I'll be more than happy to admit i was wrong..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Some great racing tonight even though the make up of the track is not ideal.

Criminal that the best race track in the country will soon be a housing estate!

25 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

MT and CJ has a "new site ready to go". Your good to go? Since MT and CJ bailed, Buster has bought 2 good signings in. No thanks to them..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I think next week's crowd vs Ipswich is going to be huge. I think it will exceed 2,500.

• Last bank holiday meeting ever
  • Last chance to see Emil race in Britain
  • Great weather
Edited by BassoRacingFan

9 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I think next week's crowd vs Ipswich is going to be huge. I think it will exceed 2,000.

• Last bank holiday meeting ever
  • Last chance to see Emil race in Britain
  • Great weather

It might be. But ain't you concerned with certain people who gave it the big one, ensuring you run next season more important?

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

What's happening to the NSS?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, szkocjasid said:

What's happening to the NSS?

Peterborough kills the NSS as good as its meant to be

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, homer said:

I have always enjoyed my trips to Alwalton, especially the fours finals back in the day. But even it can't hold a candle to the NSS imo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Most Panthers fans have been slagging off Buster all season for the  crap track. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1