British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So you'd have been happy with 3 rider heat in 14 instead then? Ffs learn to count. Lee can only take 7 riders!!!

No. It was the fact that he never used a t/r when it was common sense to use one. Leaving a t/r to heat 14 was ridiculous! Or could he really do no opportunity? Heat 9 was screaming out for Complin to be replaced by a t/r, meaning Complin could have ridden in heat 14. 

Terrible tactics by the manager!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

No. It was the fact that he never used a t/r when it was common sense to use one. Leaving a t/r to heat 14 was ridiculous! Or could he really do no opportunity? Heat 9 was screaming out for Complin to be replaced by a t/r, nearing Complin could have ridden in heat 14. 

Tell me how replacing complin who would've replaced pijper in a different race to the one we did would've meant it avoided a 3 rider heat... I'll wait

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tell me how replacing complin who would've replaced pijper in a different race to the one we did would've meant it avoided a 3 rider heat... I'll wait

If you took Complin out of heat 9 and used a t/r, he would have had one ride left, to be used in heat 14. The fact that Glasgow failed t bring a number 8 when using r/r is their fault.

Also forgot to mention we have someone new to boo. Vissing for some unfathomable reason decided to verbally attack the start Marshall after one heat. No idea why but made a fool out of himself and brought the wrath of the grandstand down on him for the remainder of the meeting. Funny though.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

If you took Complin out of heat 9 and used a t/r, he would have had one ride left, to be used in heat 14.

You must be at it!! He'd be in 1, 2, 5, 6, 8,11 and 12. How many rides is that now Steve?

• Like 1

Is there a reason when Pijper replaced Complin after Ace's fall? I thought that once you were replaced you couldn't put the original reserve back in

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Poole top of the league, and a win at Edinburgh and home to Brum will see us finishing top.

You still haven’t worked out what “in their own hands” means have you? We’ve already explained this isn’t the case, if Oxford win at Glasgow it doesn’t matter what Poole does - they won’t finish top. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

The referee is in sole control of the meeting. Take it up with him.

Plenty in the crowd were, even the start marshall not impressed. 

23 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Watched on the stream, apparently the 2 minute clock was not in sinc in pits and starting tape, hence Lee thought he had a bit more time and why the exclusion didn't stand, it wasn't cheating and anyway Lee didn't scorel

Well that helps explain it. Thank you for that. Crazy that was allowed to happen though! 2 min clock was right in front of me so that's how I knew he didn't make that one! 

Also why was Vissing having a go at the start marshall and showing him his back wheel after his first heat? 

Lastly, please @Pinny block me. Would make my year! Not sure why me having a job is of interest to you but if you want to visit the pub I work at, I'll ask my boss if I can get you a beer and pour it on your head! :t:

Cup of tea & a slice of cake anyone?:D

Alternatively I've got sum hobknobs :t:

Edited by lbw

15 minutes ago, packerman said:

Is there a reason when Pijper replaced Complin after Ace's fall? I thought that once you were replaced you couldn't put the original reserve back in

See e) then d)

012.4.6 Reserve Switch (RS) Can be taken by a #6 or #7 rider, subject to a maximum of 7 rides in total, where the #6 or #7 takes the place of: -

a) a rider who is absent, missing or late in arriving

b) a rider at the Team Managers discretion before a heat (except heat 15) has commenced

c) a rider disqualified for a starting offence

d) a rider in the re-run of a heat where that rider was not disqualified and is unable to take part due to injury or damage to their motorcycle, in which case assumes the status of the rider being replaced. In the same helmet colour and gate position

e) a reserve, already replaced in any heat, cannot be re-introduced, except in the case of point d above

Just now, eide67 said:

d) a rider in the re-run of a heat where that rider was not disqualified and is unable to take part due to injury or damage to their motorcycle, in which case assumes the status of the rider being replaced. In the same helmet colour and gate position

e) a reserve, already replaced in any heat, cannot be re-introduced, except in the case of point d above

Thank you., I thought in the past once replaced by the other reserve you couldn't be put back in. (Admittedly it's been a long time since I last went to a meeting)

For Oxford to finish top, Glasgow would have to let them. Glasgow are solid at home and should beat Oxford without too many issues. In a playoff scenario, who would Glasgow rather meet? Oxford or Poole? Sure they might have to meet Poole in a final, but anything could happen in the playoffs. Best avoid Pirates and ride against Oxford and Redcar/Scunthorpe than Poole.

I believe Glasgow will see off Oxford and perhaps finish as runners up.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For Oxford to finish top, Glasgow would have to let them. Glasgow are solid at home and should beat Oxford without too many issues. In a playoff scenario, who would Glasgow rather meet? Oxford or Poole? Sure they might have to meet Poole in a final, but anything could happen in the playoffs. Best avoid Pirates and ride against Oxford and Redcar/Scunthorpe than Poole.

I believe Glasgow will see off Oxford and perhaps finish as runners up.

Doesn’t matter what you believe. You stated a fact that wasn’t a fact (again). 

For Glasgow to finish second they will likely have to beat Oxford, and win away at Redcar and Scunthorpe. You presume that will happen? 

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Doesn’t matter what you believe. You stated a fact that wasn’t a fact (again). 

For Glasgow to finish second they will likely have to beat Oxford, and win away at Redcar and Scunthorpe. You presume that will happen? 

If he can't count to 7 what chance you think got of understanding this?

• Haha 3

The whole point of using a tac sub is to use it when u can still come back into a meeting.

Using a tac sub in heat 14 when u are completely out of a meeting is farcical.

Ok there had to be a race with 3 riders but heat 14 would've made far more sense for this than one of the heats before heat 12 when mathematically Glasgow could still get a result.

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plenty in the crowd were, even the start marshall not impressed. 

Well that helps explain it. Thank you for that. Crazy that was allowed to happen though! 2 min clock was right in front of me so that's how I knew he didn't make that one! 

Also why was Vissing having a go at the start marshall and showing him his back wheel after his first heat? 

Lastly, please @Pinny block me. Would make my year! Not sure why me having a job is of interest to you but if you want to visit the pub I work at, I'll ask my boss if I can get you a beer and pour it on your head! :t:

Id still see your effing nonsense in quotes so its pointless blocking you. 

Id hardly travel to the otherside of the world just to visit a pub you work in , would be the last place id go. F**k drinking in a pub where lunatics like yourself serve pints.