British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

The big one on Wednesday as Pirates take on title challengers Glasgow at Wimborne Road. If Glasgow win they are likely to finish top of the league, with other challenger Oxford still to visit Glasgow. 

It’s going to be a lot close than Glasgows previous visit when Poole took them apart. Could come down to the wire. Big crowd expected, weather set fair. What’s not to like? 

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The big one on Wednesday as Pirates take on title challengers Glasgow at Wimborne Road. If Glasgow win they are likely to finish top of the league, with other challenger Oxford still to visit Glasgow. 

It’s going to be a lot close than Glasgows previous visit when Poole took them apart. Could come down to the wire. Big crowd expected, weather set fair. What’s not to like? 

Basso and Vissing riding elsewhere? Which means the dreaded R/R and guest. More awful scheduling by whoever does the fixtures. Takes the shine off the meeting unfortunately.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Basso and Vissing riding elsewhere? Which means the dreaded R/R and guest. More awful scheduling by whoever does the fixtures. Takes the shine off the meeting unfortunately.

So, every Wednesday track should arrange their home Glasgow fixtures during the Danish break in the same way Glasgow arrange their home fixtures to avoid Polish clashes?!:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So, every Wednesday track should arrange their home Glasgow fixtures during the Danish break in the same way Glasgow arrange their home fixtures to avoid Polish clashes?!:rolleyes:

I'd have said it's common sense to have teams with Danish riders in visiting during the Danish break and those without when Danish fixtures are on. Its only 8 home league meetings FFS, it shouldn't be hard.

Many people are fed up to the back teeth of missing riders who aren't injured, it needs sorting.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Reads just like a press release......... from the 1980s. But hey it seems to work for people in the Poole area :drink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Reads just like a press release......... from the 1980s. But hey it seems to work for people in the Poole area :drink:

It certainly does.It’s amazing what winning  at home does for crowd levels.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With only 5 Danes spread across 3 teams in the original declared line-ups not difficult to do.

And it's really 4 Danes in two teams (Glasgow/Berwick) because Toft doesn't often ride in Denmark (6 DSL matches in last 5 years)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Losing 3 riders I can't see Glasgow getting anywhere close. The targets got to be, get it as close to 40 as possible with a view to maybe visiting again in the playoffs.

I'm hoping tigers go for Danny King & Dan Hume as guests & I think the pole wojdylo will be in 

If Ben's not there king is the obvious option to replace him. R/R I'm assuming be only option for claus

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barabas said:

I'm hoping tigers go for Danny King & Dan Hume as guests & I think the pole wojdylo will be in 

Can't have 2 guests can you, unless Vissing is top 3.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd have said it's common sense to have teams with Danish riders in visiting during the Danish break and those without when Danish fixtures are on. Its only 8 home league meetings FFS, it shouldn't be hard.

Many people are fed up to the back teeth of missing riders who aren't injured, it needs sorting.

This was originally pencilled in for 5th July but they changed it to BSN final. I assume if Glasgow agreed to it there wasn't much alternative? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It certainly does.It’s amazing what winning  at home does for crowd levels.

How would you know that.You go to Berwick

• Haha 1