British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

9 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I don’t know why people are getting stressed about a coin toss. It’s not just a speedway thing! It’s literally done in almost every other sport. In fact, it’s the 8th option (eighth, not 800th) for deciding a tiebreaker in the groups of the FIFA World Cup. The biggest sporting competition in the world. 

Can you imagine the outcry if that were to actually happen! Seems to me we've spent all this money on transponders only to revert to the toss of a coin

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can you imagine the outcry if that were to actually happen! Seems to me we've spent all this money on transponders only to revert to the toss of a coin

It has happened! UEFA Euro 68 - semi-final between Italy and the Soviet Union. Shocking, but true. Can we stop calling it a speedway issue now, however ridiculous it is?

Edited by Bojangles

16 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I don’t know why people are getting stressed about a coin toss. It’s not just a speedway thing! It’s literally done in almost every other sport. In fact, it’s the 8th option (eighth, not 800th) for deciding a tiebreaker in the groups of the FIFA World Cup. The biggest sporting competition in the world. 

People aren’t getting stressed, 1 person is. Can’t please everyone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Fair point!

4 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

It has happened! UEFA Euro 68 - semi-final between Italy and the Soviet Union. Shocking, but true. Can we stop calling it a speedway issue now, however ridiculous it is?

I'm afraid that is not Ianb's MO.

First of all it was Chris Harris daring to have ambition to be a World Champion, whilst being the Captain of Leicester.

Then it was Tyre changes.

And now Coin Toss.

You haven't heard the last of it, believe me! :D

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

1968? A very different age, there's so much money involved in sport these days it's hard to actually imagine it happening... 

The regs actually went against normal FIM procedure where countback (heat Wins etc.) takes precedence, and then who-beat-who.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm afraid that is not Ianb's MO.

First of all it was Chris Harris daring to have ambition to be a World Champion, whilst being the Captain of Leicester.

And now Coin Toss.

You haven't heard the last of it, believe me! :D

Sorry for having an opinion... keeps you all occupied :D

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

First of all it was Chris Harris daring to have ambition to be a World Champion, whilst being the Captain of Leicester

And trying to win a wild card to Cardiff being run on the same night as his longtrack round... what was all that about?

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It still is tyre changes... any idea why tyre changes were back in vogue tonight while it was in the rules for the CLRC but was ignored?

Edited by iainb

11 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Not stressed at all... just trying to have a civilised discussion, seemingly beyond some people

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

1968? A very different age, there's so much money involved in sport these days it's hard to actually imagine it happening... 

Good grief! It happened in 1968 but, as said, it can still happen now as it’s listed as 8th in the tiebraking procedure by FIFA themselves. Look up if you don’t believe me - or don’t, and keep arguing. 

Edited by Bojangles

40 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Lisa on it again she never stops this one ...jesus wept Lisa what's the matter with u hen were u dropped on your head at birth ...you have the league sorted do you well why were u lot objecting to tigers signing a pole then raging we signed a Russian...but its sorted hmmm ok then .. I don't know why glasgow even bother if it's already sorted ???

You didn't read my post properly. I meant I'd prefer a league trophy if I had to choose. Was just a bit of banter with Cast1ron.  Pairs is better than nothing though. If that turns out to be the case. Probably win another trophy with the top 5 you have though. If Glasgow do will you still be moaning about the reserves or not? 

• Like 1

This does seem a bit of strange discussion to be having, and feel the thread would be better used to congratulate Glasgow….however…

A coin toss is literally used at the start of every football game to decide which end each team gets etc. Now while this isn’t exactly groundbreaking, it’s barely any different from a coin toss to decide which semi-final Glasgow or Oxford should be in is it? It barely (if any) impacted the result, just like the coin toss at the start of a football match. Should they have a quick five a side game before kick off instead if everything should be performance based? 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Can you stop being a pratt, giving Glasgow a bad name, there is no need to make derogatory comments about lisa Collette

Thanks, just misunderstood my post. Next time I shall remember to be 100% serious ;)

• Like 1