British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StarBoy

King's Lynn Vs Belle Vue 24th August

22 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

David currently slaying Goliath 

KL reserves 19 paid 20 so far...:o

Might be giving Simon a bell again come play off time...:D

Heat 13 and the Stars are still in it and really do deserve a pat on the back given that it is almost a three man team.

• Sad 1

Well bugger me :D

Humble pie being eaten here. Well done Stars.

• Like 1

13+1 from both reserves is absolutely sensational. 

A 5 man team has absolutely no right to win this meeting, brilliant from King's Lynn. 

Belle Vue :lol:

• Like 1

What a last race,absolutely awesome from Lambert.Outgated by Kurtz and Bewley you just thought no chance.Stormed around Kurtz 3rd/4th bend lap2 and set after Bewley and cut back off bend 2 lap 3 I think.Belle Vue really should be embarrassed by that result against a woefully weak Lynn team.It was good to see Lambert do what he done tonight as some were saying he won't take risks,just the money.Well he proved those wrong tonight.

Edit:Tonight also shows a track with a bit of grip in it can produce good racing.Times were very quick tonight.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

I’ve been critical Robert Lamberts race craft when coming from the back but it sounds like he pulled one out the bag in heat 15 tonight. He’s as quick as just about anyone when out at the front.

When the two home reserves score like they did tonight then almost every time the team wins, regardless of the opposition. It is all very well saying all a team has to do is turn up and the points are in the bag, we know things are not like that. A team has to go out and win the thing and KL did that.Congrats to them. This is a slightly disappointing result but with wolves and leics losing then the result was not a disaster. 

The most blatant average manipulation you'll ever see. 

Rowe & S. Lambert putting up 26+2 lol.

Edited by TTT

21 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I’ve been critical Robert Lamberts race craft when coming from the back but it sounds like he pulled one out the bag in heat 15 tonight. He’s as quick as just about anyone when out at the front.

He was also pretty smart when beating Bewley in their first meeting 

25 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

He also had a great race with Kurtz in ht13,and also lined Bewley up beautifully in ht 6 having to come from behind on about lap 2/3.I reckon his win in ht15 may have been the fastest this season 58.28,unsure but if he had gated instead of coming through traffic it may have been below 58 seconds.He certainly did make the fans go home happy tonight.As well as the 2 reserves having some excellent races,plus Jenkins made an all important pass on Blodorn.

On a negative note was Allitt there tonight,I didn't see him.If he wasn't shame on him as he is down as joint promoter.

Edited by tellboy

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well bugger me :D

Humble pie being eaten here. Well done Stars.

I predicted Stars might not get 30. How wrong can you be? Walked out of stadium wondering ‘what do I know about speedway’? Only been watching since 1965