British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v Lions 24th August

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not as simple as that though... the choice was Worrall & Cook or Harris & Batch, neither are/were really working as well as Morris & Harris

Especially around Leicester where both were good for 9 or 10 points a match. This gave a much better chance of winning ties over 2 legs, which is what the league is all about

It’s not tho it’s Harris and batch vs worrall and cook 

cooks confidence has been shot for several seasons now not nearly the rider he was, very little gain if any bringing him in over batch and worrall isn’t as good as bomber and I certainly know which rider I’d want in my team come the play offs, I like worrall he’s a good rider but I’m sorry he’s not bombers level

Edited by 89buttons

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Solid 2nd block of races for the Lions. Riders are out there for sure, it's a numbers game as usual though isn't it. Chris Holder, they've just said Laguta still wants a go, don't know if he got an average with Lynn? Wozniak? Berge, KK (:D)... any other keen youngster... look what Wojjy's done for Peterborough!

8.17 for Laguta.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

It’s not tho it’s Harris and batch vs worrall and cook 

cooks confidence has been shot for several seasons now not nearly the rider he was, very little gain if any bringing him in over batch and worrall isn’t as good as bomber and I certainly know which rider I’d want in my team come the play offs, I like worrall he’s a good rider but I’m sorry he’s not bombers level

Morris & Harris or Morris & Worrall, not much in it the common denominator is/was Morris. 

It's hard to imagine any other sport where Morris could just skulk off without releasing some kind of statement or be questioned by the press

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Morris & Harris or Morris & Worrall, not much in it the common denominator is/was Morris

I thought you went for Worrall as he ride Leicester really well? 

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I thought you went for Worrall as he ride Leicester really well? 

He does... Batch/Cook on the other hand...

3 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I genuinely don’t know who else is out there even if we wanted to. 

Artem Laguta is available. Significant team changes would be required though and he didn't seem the biggest fan of Beaumont Park

2 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Artem Laguta is available. Significant team changes would be required though and he didn't seem the biggest fan of Beaumont Park

He might be available but I can't see any British team taking him. Regardless of what money he may command, I think he has p*ssed off British speedway folk and not just King's Lynn.

3 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

He might be available but I can't see any British team taking him. Regardless of what money he may command, I think he has p*ssed off British speedway folk and not just King's Lynn.

I think Leicester are unfortunately in a position now that if they want to make playoffs they need to take a risk. They've already done that with Batch/Cook (admittedly due to factors beyond their control) and how has that played out. 

It's also not exactly like those 2 are the most revered characters in the sport

10 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I think Leicester are unfortunately in a position now that if they want to make playoffs they need to take a risk. They've already done that with Batch/Cook (admittedly due to factors beyond their control) and how has that played out. 

It's also not exactly like those 2 are the most revered characters in the sport

Unfortunately for Leicester the play offs do seem to be slipping away from them with 0 points from the last 4 meetings then a tough meeting Saturday which could easily go Sheffields way then another tough day Monday away at BV at lunch then home to Kings Lynn at night, then away trips to a strengthened up Peterborough and Wolverhampton.

On paper based on current form it’s hard to see where the league points are going to come from other than possibly against Kings Lynn who will be tough themselves depending on guests 

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

Unfortunately for Leicester the play offs do seem to be slipping away from them with 0 points from the last 4 meetings then a tough meeting Saturday which could easily go Sheffields way then another tough day Monday away at BV at lunch then home to Kings Lynn at night, then away trips to a strengthened up Peterborough and Wolverhampton.

On paper based on current form it’s hard to see where the league points are going to come from other than possibly against Kings Lynn who will be tough themselves depending on guests 

Well Dickson has made some strange changes but his biggest mistake was getting rid of Harris, their is good reasons for no one really wanting Batchelor and Cook and recent moves just smack of desperation, I suspect he has totally done the confidence and team spirit with all the recent changes.

Edited by bigcatdiary

12 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I genuinely don’t know who else is out there even if we wanted to. 

Surely if Sheffield make rumoured changes, Kerr and Ellis will be available :unsure:

Was lovely to see A team of Bruv and Michael back in Danny's pit last night :t:

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

Until this week when both Peterborough and Kings Lynn showed a sudden improvement in their form, I had Leicester winning both.

to my mind its a stright fight between Leicester and Ipswich for the final spot. I still think Leicester will get through just by a point or two

26 minutes ago, Badge said:

Surely if Sheffield make rumoured changes, Kerr and Ellis will be available :unsure:

I wouldn't say no to either. Like Kerr a lot especially.

26 minutes ago, Badge said:

Whatever grumbles I have in general there is one thing I will always hold in the highest regard and that's 'the speedway family'.

There are many wonderful individuals involved in the sport and they've shown themselves to be true friends 

• Like 3