British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Leicester v Sheffield 26th August 6.30pm.

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well so much for the match fixing,,, 

Exactly, don,t know why they start these stupid rumours.

22 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Update. The stinging nettles are no longer a risk to the departing public. Mr Dickson has advised that all nettles have been removed from the site. The nettles will then be extracted from the rectum of a certain Mr Cook after a visit to LRI Casualty and disposed of responsibly.

There is doubt over who will be at BP on Monday. I’m waiting for the team line up. If Cook is riding, the management may be looking for a ‘Guest’ spectator in the seat my arse normally occupies. 

You should go on Monday,at least it will be a certain victory for you.Looks like the Stars maybe 3 riders short now with a Breum injury.With only Belle Vue not riding only Brennan or Blodorn can guest for Klindt.Breum and Jorgensens averages are too low for them to guest for either of them,so could be a Championship rider or 2.Mountain and Boughen maybe.You want to put yourself in a Lynn's fans shoes,then you will be totally pissed.I am hearing though with Laguta going to Peterborough the management are making slight amends by bringing in Zmarzlik for Breum,which would still leave us well under the points limit.

Edited by tellboy

A nite to forget ,2 to  5 cost the lions,tigers were wounded too,needed heat leaders to do job,good move to change order but Lawson, worrel,sedgeman we’re average tonite

I’m sure Cook hasn’t traveled 100’s of miles to perform below par on purpose, anybody who rides a speedway bike deserves the upmost respect as we have seen careers ended or worse so the absolute crap written on here sometimes needs putting in perspective. 
anybody watching Craig tonight can see his confidence is shot, he’s miles and miles away from where he was and the struggles he has it’s not nice to see the demise of his career. I’m no particular fan of his don’t get me wrong but this evening I really did feel for him and he’s been put a little into the firing line in being hired by Leicester.  
This well maybe have been an unpopular opinion but I doubt he’s feeling too great himself driving back up the motorway. If Morris hadn’t have been a complete idiot the team would have looked a lot stronger still. 

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I’m sure Cook hasn’t traveled 100’s of miles to perform below par on purpose, anybody who rides a speedway bike deserves the upmost respect as we have seen careers ended or worse so the absolute crap written on here sometimes needs putting in perspective. 
anybody watching Craig tonight can see his confidence is shot, he’s miles and miles away from where he was and the struggles he has it’s not nice to see the demise of his career. I’m no particular fan of his don’t get me wrong but this evening I really did feel for him and he’s been put a little into the firing line in being hired by Leicester.  
This well maybe have been an unpopular opinion but I doubt he’s feeling too great himself driving back up the motorway. If Morris hadn’t have been a complete idiot the team would have looked a lot stronger still. 

This!!

11 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

the absolute crap written on here sometimes needs putting in perspective. 

I'm not sure what the absolute crap is? All I've read is he's riding crap and not scoring any points, both factually correct

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not sure what the absolute crap is? All I've read is he's riding crap and not scoring any points, both factually correct

There is nothing wrong with saying x is riding poorly, out of form etc etc , its when it moves to personal abuse and slagging a rider off .

Moving on - one thing i have noticed is Sedgman seems 'off the boil' right now also - at Owlerton in June he was dynamite scoring 10 or 11 he seems to be going through a rough patch as well.

I still think the Lions will just sneak the final spot but heck you guys are making hard work of it!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

Moving on - one thing i have noticed is Sedgman seems 'off the boil' right now also - at Owlerton in June he was dynamite scoring 10 or 11 he seems to be going through a rough patch as well.

I still think the Lions will just sneak the final spot but heck you guiys are making hard work of it!

Had a nice little thing going on with Fricke at number 2 but has had to be moved around to cater for the alarming form shown by Cook (sorry to bring it back to him), also said he'd received some crap news from Aussie a week or so back, maybe that's effecting him a little bit also?

I said the absolute crap written on here sometimes, as in the forum as a whole and you can take your pick on a fair bit of it I’d say. 

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

Had a nice little thing going on with Fricke at number 2 but has had to be moved around to cater for the alarming form shown by Cook (sorry to bring it back to him), also said he'd received some crap news from Aussie a week or so back, maybe that's effecting him a little bit also?

Oh I am sorry to read that - yes that may well be the cause then, thats the other thing we never know what might affect form, particularly in the short term!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

But presumably he would have had the option of saying no thanks to Leicester, on the basis that he didn't feel ready or able to take on the additional work at this stage?

54 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I said the absolute crap written on here sometimes, as in the forum as a whole and you can take your pick on a fair bit of it I’d say. 

The only things I've really read on here are people saying we can't criticise him for poor performances because we don't know what he's going through, clearly making reference to his well publicised mental health issues. 

I haven't read one comment saying his poor riding is down to mental health, just people saying don't criticise because he has had these problems. 

For me I'm not really bothered what his issues are, thats his business, like you say he's clearly a shadow of the rider he once was, a GP rider a few years ago. He has been on the decline since leaving Belle Vue though. 

To keep it simple I've seen a team go from genuine title contenders to a team that really doesn't deserve to qualify for the play offs, I don't blame Craig Cook for this, like you,  I blame Nick Morris

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

You should go on Monday,at least it will be a certain victory for you.Looks like the Stars maybe 3 riders short now with a Breum injury.With only Belle Vue not riding only Brennan or Blodorn can guest for Klindt.Breum and Jorgensens averages are too low for them to guest for either of them,so could be a Championship rider or 2.Mountain and Boughen maybe.You want to put yourself in a Lynn's fans shoes,then you will be totally pissed.I am hearing though with Laguta going to Peterborough the management are making slight amends by bringing in Zmarzlik for Breum,which would still leave us well under the points limit.

Surely this match should not be taking place - no suitable guests so needs to be postponed ;)

• Like 3

Not many riders turn down the opportunity to earn a living, but it’s certainly not been a good move all round. From sacking the captain who made it clear he didn’t want to move so I don’t think you’ll find many people feeling sorry for the mess Leicester have found themselves in. 

• Like 1

Everything has gone wrong for Leicester and I can't see them winning another meeting this season unless they face KL at Home.

Morris' ban has wrecked Leicester season.

Dickson's rash decision making when signing crap riders has cost the club a ridiculous amount of points, Should've just booked guests tbh.

Also Sedgmen is now riding to his actual ability where's earlier in the season he was punching well above his weight.

• Like 1