British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Leicester v King's Lynn 28/08/23

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So a few hours ago Bewley was racing in his team,, beating Leicester which hinders their chances of a play off spot,,, now a few hours later races for Leicester trying to help them keep a play off spot:rofl:

And people wonder why speedway isnt taken seriously 

I, like "dozens" of others, take it very seriously indeed thank you very much, and am setting off for Leicester in a couple of minutes, so I can beat the queues to see Dan make his debut for the Lions...:D

I remember Max riding for the Aces v Poole then riding for Poole at Leicester later that day a few years ago...

I think he knocked off Hans Anderson his "for one night only" team mate...

Must have got confised after the morning meeting when he was an opponent...:D

Imagine if this "Barry White" went out to the wider public on a mainstream channel? :rolleyes::D

Imagine being an Aces sponsor, or fan, and Dan getting injured tonight and missing the play offs..?

Not to mention Wroclaw's reaction. A country where it actually means something to win a title...

Lemon already has Roberts number though just in case... :rolleyes:

Stay safe tonight Dan....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know Lions riding order for tonight? I'm one of those cheapskates who make their own racecard!

Which website do you use?

It’s getting to the stage where it’s whoever turns up at the stadium can have a ride  and many got there knickers in a twist about Robert Lambert last year.B)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

It’s getting to the stage where it’s whoever turns up at the stadium can have a ride  and many got there knickers in a twist about Robert Lambert last year.B)

Yes, definitely worse this year, at least last year was for an injury but this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know Lions riding order for tonight? I'm one of those cheapskates who make their own racecard!

This was the original information. I guess we just substitute Dan for Mr. Lawson....

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY PREVIEW - Leicester Lions Speedway - Official Website (leicesterspeedway.com)

22 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Bewley at 5 and Worrall at 3 and move Sedgmen back to no 2 with r/r at 4?

The team order has to be declared 2/3 days before 

A change can only be made with the permission of the opposition I believe

If a facility has to be used it should remain in the declared position

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

It says this was entered  "1 minute ago" on my phone...

It could have read "1 decade ago"....:D

Or maybe even 2? :D

Haha my dad says that also . In fact 40 decades ago for him 

I remember a few years ago now,, Ipswich had a double header at home against someone and then Poole or the other way round,,, and Davey Watt guested for Ipswich and then rode against them with Ipswich then using Rr

Didn’t go tonight (CBA) because I’m going on holiday very early in the morning and I was thinking that the Lions riders come to see me when I’m bad. But like the speedway idiot I am (and most posters on this forum) I still followed every heat on the updates site. I thought the Lynn fans were going over the top when predicting that the Stars would get battered whatever team The Lions put out. Turns out they were right. KL at home is just the tonic needed for a demoralising run of successive defeats.

Big thumbs up for Bewley digging us out of the poo tonight. He doesn’t need the money or hassle of two meetings in one day, but still delivered double figures. Another solid return from the reserve pairing. All these rumours of team changes would be unfair if it impacted on the current reserves. As a pair, they still appear to be the strongest in the league. Heaven forbid if proposed team changes to fit the points limit meant Sedgy being shown the door. He really would have every right to kick off if that happens.

I’m hearing that Lewis Kerr is in for Cook, which is fine by me. Lewis is a gritty racer and Cook…….isn’t what he used to be.

On a lighter note, in what other sport would a player/rider, play/ride for and against the same team in the same league on the same day. After three…….. Only in speedway!

Wasn't the best spectacle, but hopefully it'll give the team some confidence back. Kerr for Cook can only be an improvement as things stand.