British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers vs Wolves - Premiership R2 (31st Aug 2023)

Attention now turns to Thursday, where the new look Panthers will be out to prove a point.

With Laguta's new engine arriving, Bomber's form and Cook at reserve, I can only see a 60-30 type of scoreline.

• Haha 1

Weather might win this one... would normally be called today based on the forecast

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Weather might win this one... would normally be called today based on the forecast

Weather is getting better. Nothing is going to stop Laguta.

• Haha 4

One thing is for sure. All the pressure is on Wolves.Should they lose they will not finish top. A 4 2 in every one of the 45 heats remaining will do it

Edited by one of clubs

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

One thing is for sure. All the pressure is on Wolves.Should they lose they will not finish top. A 4 2 in every one of the 45 heats remaining will do it

There's no pressure, we already know we're highly unlikely to finish top so quite happy with 2nd to be honest. Also highly likely Ipswich will finish 4th and that would be tough for us as all their riders are good around Monmore. We'll leave them for you to deal with.

• Like 1

Coming over today to this one. Its been a while since we caame to Peterborough, hopefully a good meeting and the weather stays dry.

Can't understand why this hasn't been cancelled already, Peterborough always cancel on a forecast... and Rory Schlein is set to appear

I'll be heading down to the Showground tonight to watch the last ever meeting between these two clubs despite having a BSN season pass.

Panthers to win this one comfortably but Douglas to put on his usual classy showing around Peterborough.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'll be heading down to the Showground tonight to watch the last ever meeting between these two clubs despite having a BSN season pass.

Panthers to win this one comfortably but Douglas to put on his usual classy showing around Peterborough.

I'd agree. I expect an improved performance from Artem and Vadim of around 17 between them, instead of the 6 between them they got last week. Add NKI, Bomber and Basso with 21 between them. And 13 from the reserves, with Cook scoring the majority of them. 

I'll stick my neck out and go 51-39.

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd agree. I expect an improved performance from Artem and Vadim of around 17 between them, instead of the 6 between them they got last week. Add NKI, Bomber and Basso with 21 between them. And 13 from the reserves, with Cook scoring the majority of them. 

I'll stick my neck out and go 51-39.

I'll happily take Panthers on a -8 to -10 Handicap tonight if offered.

Think Stevie will have one eye on Cardiff, Schlein won't like the track if it's wet and Masters' form has dipped in recent weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Can't understand why this hasn't been cancelled already, Peterborough always cancel on a forecast... and Rory Schlein is set to appear

As a rule of thumb if there is some concern over the weather and Rory is due to ride I’ll not bother to leave home. It’s a stance that has saved me a lot of time, effort and money over the years. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

It’s off 

Makes sense