British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Sheffield v King's Lynn 31/8/23

Sheffield start with their new look team with Holder and Vissing in.Lynn start with another poor effort of a team imo.R/R for Jorgensen,R.Worrall for Klindt and Mountain for Breum.2 reserves,Mountain and Worrall eligible to take an R/R.

Why haven't Lynn made any signings to fill the gaps we have had for some time,is very disappointing.We have that many points to play with we can sign pretty much anyone who is available.Even if it was an untried foreigner at least we would have some numbers in our team.Anyway another hammering on the road for the Stars.Once have we scored in the 40's away from home,once again we will fall into the 30's.

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Sheffield start with their new look team with Holder and Vissing in.Lynn start with another poor effort of a team imo.R/R for Jorgensen,R.Worrall for Klindt and Mountain for Breum.2 reserves,Mountain and Worrall eligible to take an R/R.

Why haven't Lynn made any signings to fill the gaps we have had for some time,is very disappointing.We have that many points to play with we can sign pretty much anyone who is available.Even if it was an untried foreigner at least we would have some numbers in our team.Anyway another hammering on the road for the Stars.Once have we scored in the 40's away from home,once again we will fall into the 30's.

I can't see this being an absolute hammering. Will go with a 50-40

Sheffield Scores

1. TM - 13 

2. KH - 7

3. CH - 7

4. JP - 8

5. TW - 10

6. CV - 3

7. JE - 2

King's Lynn Scores

1. RL - 16

2. TJ - RR

3. RW - 7

4. CM - 3

5. MPT - 6

6. SL - 6

7. AR - 2

Not sure what to expect from Holder and Vissing. Ages since they rode Sheffield. Not sure if we going to be stronger or weaker. Only time will tell. We need a decent win to restore confidence after the hammering at Wolves. 

Lambert apart should be a relatively easy introduction to British Speedway for the new Tigers should be looking to fill their boots. 

20 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I can't see this being an absolute hammering. Will go with a 50-40

You are probably right.I am just so disappointed with the Lynn management team at the moment with their lack of ambition,or even just trying to put a team together would have been nice.It just seems they aren't bothering at all.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You are probably right.I am just so disappointed with the Lynn management team at the moment with their lack of ambition,or even just trying to put a team together would have been nice.It just seems they aren't bothering at all.

If it's all in the greater good to ensure we're at the tapes in '24 with a competitive team then I can get behind it. 

Tbf the ambition was shown earlier in the season as only 1 existing member of the team remains. 

Looking forward to this 23 Bandits fans attending, 1st time we've been since 2019 Riders Championship. Got the carvery booked so watch it in style lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Not sure what to expect from Holder and Vissing. Ages since they rode Sheffield. Not sure if we going to be stronger or weaker. Only time will tell. We need a decent win to restore confidence after the hammering at Wolves. 

Holder has been seen at Owlerton semi-regularly whilst Jack has been riding for us, so may not have ridden the track but has been around enough to pick up some home track knowledge I would expect

44 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I suspect the kitty has run dry now that Robert has been signed.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

According to updates Emil Bruem has ridden in Denmark for Esbjerg today scoring 9+2

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

According to updates Emil Bruem has ridden in Denmark for Esbjerg today scoring 9+2

Not another Laguta 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He's only averaged 2.13 in his 5 meetings so far. Mountain is probably an upgrade. Would be nice to have a full team though.

I think the point is that if he is riding in Denmark then there is absolutely no reason why he can't  ride at Sheffield tomorrow evening.

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Did he get a concussion when he fell maybe that's why he is missing again 

Apart from that :D