British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

Looks like Danny may finally get to fulfil his life long ambition of parading the cup winers trophy in an open top bus,,, streets lined with millions of fans 

• Haha 1

Sure I heard Stead say Fricke will get a chance to make up for his low score tonight on Thursday,,,, but if I was Stead, I would be calling Brady Kurtz

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich can't book any of those as they are already in a 1to 7,,,, come on keep up 

That's the case for Thursday.  As for the Play offs ? They technically not in a 1 -7 as the league fixtures are finished.... anyone know a good sports lawyer? :wink:

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich can't book any of those as they are already in a 1to 7,,,, come on keep up 

None of Jenkins, Rowe or Kemp will be in a 1-7 come play off time though as their clubs season will be over :D 

Another daft rule though who comes up with these. Sheffield can take their pick from a number one not in the play offs to cover their injured number one, but we can’t use one of those clubs’ rising stars to cover our injured rising star. Why? Would love to hear the official reason for this rule. 

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

None of Jenkins, Rowe or Kemp will be in a 1-7 come play off time though as their clubs season will be over :D 

Another daft rule though who comes up with these. Sheffield can take their pick from a number one not in the play offs to cover their injured number one, but we can’t use one of those clubs’ rising stars to cover our injured rising star. Why? Would love to hear the official reason for this rule. 

Surely they are in a 1 to 7 until the whole season which includes play offs are over. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Surely they are in a 1 to 7 until the whole season which includes play offs are over. 

Possibly, but league fixtures are over. Play offs aren’t part of the league fixtures programme technically. Get a lawyer it works for others :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's been a rule all season though,where any team can have a guest for their number one,and you can't have a guest RS from any teams 1-7.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

It's been a rule all season though,where any team can have a guest for their number one,and you can't have a guest RS from any teams 1-7.

I know, but it’s a bloody stupid “rule”.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TTT said:

That's a bit of stupid rule then considering Sheffield can book a No.1 who's already in a 1-7.

Not going to lie I don't bother reading the rules from the off because the higher ups make them up as they go along throughout the season. 

To be fair, they don't make them up, they "interpret" them.  Regs often seem to be written without any thought of the possible consequences.  They need to be tested, or wargamed, before they are agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think it's one Reg that is actually positive. It stops the use of guests, while encouraging teams to use riders from the available "pool" of Rising Stars, who will be keen to have the chance to continue their learning.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I think it's one Reg that is actually positive. It stops the use of guests, while encouraging teams to use riders from the available "pool" of Rising Stars, who will be keen to have the chance to continue their learning.

Agree to disagree. The “pool” isn’t very big and most on that list are completely out of their depth bar a small handful that the others are already using. You obviously can’t run R/R for your number 7 either so this particular rule is a complete nonsense. Anyone who loses their number 1 aren’t particularly disadvantaged as they can pick up a current GP rider, but someone losing their Rising Star are pretty much buggered. You should have the same freedom of choice for your number 7 as you get for your number 1. I don’t see why one has to be different to the other. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

The deciding factor could be if me and General M turn up 

Won’t be there as in Devon on holiday - next meeting for me is at Belle Vue on Monday so just maybe the Witches have a chance in this!!

good to see good scores from Danny and Erik both have had their troubles and critics this year!

hold steady witches can do this - but so can Sheffield no room for complacency!! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

From Hawkins " Joe came back in on Monday and did well, he was right in the mix, and he is back in again on Thursday. I know there has been a lot of talk of who we can and can’t use, so to clear that up, we can use anyone that is on the Rising Star list that isn’t in a named one to seven in another team and certainly around Ipswich, Joe is by far the best option."

TEAMS

IPSWICH: 1. Emil Sayfutdinov 10.14 2. Danyon Hume 4.00 3. Danny King 7.03 © 4. Erik Riss 5.03 5. Jason Doyle 9.21 6. Keynan Rew 4.00 7. Joe Thompson (G) (RS). Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

SHEFFIELD: 1. Max Fricke (G) 8.85 2. Kyle Howarth 5.62 © 3. Chris Holder 7.16 4. Josh Pickering 6.14 5. Tobiasz Musielak 8.82 6. Kyle Newman (G) 4.00 7. Jason Edwards (RS). Team Manager: Simon Stead

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Absolutely agree. The main thing IMO that we need to get a grip on is clubs borrowing riders from other teams they directly compete against in the same division. The RS list at least gives a group of riders to pick from in the event of an injury who don't ride for a competitor. 

Just watched this meeting back on BSN, I’m sure Ipswich had gates 1&3 in heat 3 and 4 ?!  Since when was that a thing