British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

1 minute ago, TTT said:

I can't recall Picko ever having a good meeting around Foxhall which is a surprise considering he's been a Monarchs rider for a few years now.

You beat me to it. I’m sure he must have but I can’t recall Pickering winning a race at Foxhall last couple of seasons! He’s absolutely dreadful here. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

I can't recall Picko ever having a good meeting around Foxhall which is a surprise considering he's been a Monarchs rider for a few years now.

It's not his best track, thats for sure..

Brilliant night 

Chris Holder absolute pansy …. Beaten before turning a wheel rode like a novice at times … unless it’s smooth he isn’t interested….. watch how Doyle and Emil attacked it and King and even Musielek was trying 

Also sums Holder up that he didn’t bother coming out to get his medal … Compared to Musielek who came off the podium and shook hands with numerous Ipswich fans and congratulated them ….. Musielek a class act … Chris Holder shouldn’t have bothered coming back just to whinge 

And that forum prat Shovler saying about the track …. Clueless 

As for the match 

EMIL - sublime ..missed the start in heat one but after that awesome … been a marvellous signing and fitted in to British speedway a fans favourite and a credit to the sport 

HUME - busted a gut .. unlucky fall but did his job well

KING - been brilliant these 2 matches to see us through 

RISS - his points didn’t show reward for his efforts 

DOYLE - class … must be him and Emil again

REW - 9 from 5…. That’s why reserves win you matches 

JOE - awesome effort on heat 2 couldn’t ask for more 

For Sheffield …. Fricke faded and looked slow late on… Howarth and Pickering awful tonight … Musielek battled hard and deserved more … Newman was pretty poor but young Edwards rode well …… Chris Holder … well lol

Great to let the fans on the centre green for the presentation was a party atmosphere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah that’s fine, but then don’t allow a guest at 1 either then, run R/R. My argument is allowing one but not another and I still haven’t seen a valid reason why a guest can’t be used for your number 7 but perfectly ok further up. 

Your argument makes perfect sense, allowing teams to cover missing riders equally. I just feel the "two wrongs don't make a right" philosophy (while not totally accurate) would be used to agree with the current ruling.

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Brilliant night 

Chris Holder absolute pansy …. Beaten before turning a wheel rode like a novice at times … unless it’s smooth he isn’t interested….. watch how Doyle and Emil attacked it and King and even Musielek was trying 

Also sums Holder up that he didn’t bother coming out to get his medal … Compared to Musielek who came off the podium and shook hands with numerous Ipswich fans and congratulated them ….. Musielek a class act … Chris Holder shouldn’t have bothered coming back just to whinge 

And that forum prat Shovler saying about the track …. Clueless 

As for the match 

EMIL - sublime ..missed the start in heat one but after that awesome … been a marvellous signing and fitted in to British speedway a fans favourite and a credit to the sport 

KING - been brilliant these 2 matches to see us through 

RISS - his points didn’t show reward for his efforts 

DOYLE - class … must be him and Emil again

REW - 9 from 5…. That’s why reserves win you matches 

JOE - awesome effort on heat 2 couldn’t ask for more 

For Sheffield …. Fricke faded and looked slow late on… Howarth and Pickering awful tonight … Musielek battled hard and deserved more … Newman was pretty poor but young Edwards rode well …… Chris Holder … well lol

Great to let the fans on the centre green for the presentation was a party atmosphere 

Same at Lynn when the meeting was completed and the reserves rode it..

45 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I don’t understand the pile on to Chris Holder. He was signed on just over 7 and averaged 7.5 over the two legs. 
If fingers need to be pointed they should be pointed on whoever was making team change decisions at Sheffield. I sudiect someone thought it was smart to bring Tai in when waiting for Jack to return would have made sense. 
A bit like the gut reaction changes at Leicester…..

Anyway, well done Ipswich who seem to be hitting form at exactly the right time

But if Sheffield didn't keep Tai, they wouldn't have been able to fit in Holder, which would mean they'd still have Ellis in the team!

• Like 1

Well done Ipswich, thought Sheffield would have done better than that. 

Pleased for the Ipswich fans, as it's been a long time since they've won a "major" trophy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

That's Ipswich's first title this season.

Chris Holder complaining about a track that isn't a Polish carpet rug lol, I've got no idea why Sheffield signed him knowing they had to visit Ipswich and Wolves in their crunch meetings, The guy is mentally beaten before the meetings even get started at those tracks, Sacking Kerr was beyond stupid.

Sacking Kerr wasn't their plan, they wanted rid of Ellis, same with Leicester, they didn't want to get rid of Harris but were keen to replace Batchelor. Could even say the same for Joe T at Scunthorpe, all 3 riders dropped because of issues elsewhere in their teams.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Sacking Kerr wasn't their plan, they wanted rid of Ellis, same with Leicester, they didn't want to get rid of Harris but were keen to replace Batchelor. Could even say the same for Joe T at Scunthorpe, all 3 riders dropped because of issues elsewhere in their teams.

Should've just sacked Ellis and got a 5.00 pointer in.

Sacking Kerr to accommodate a complainer (Holder) who's going to struggle in crucial matches on the road at tracks he hates (Ips & Wol) is just a dumb move imo.

Sheffield shot themselves in the foot with their double team change imo because Kerr and Ellis are more suited to Foxhall and Monmore than C. Holder and an out of depth No.6.

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

Should've just sacked Ellis and got a 5.00 pointer in.

Sacking Kerr to accommodate a complainer (Holder) who's going to struggle in crucial matches on the road at tracks he hates (Ips & Wol) is just a dumb move imo.

Sheffield shot themselves in the foot with their double team change imo because Kerr and Ellis are more suited to Foxhall and Monmore than C. Holder and an out of depth No.6.

Couldn’t agree more 

Holder a proper whinger

And as I said earlier didn’t come out for his medal

Musielek was a credit to his club shaking hands with us Ipswich fans and saying well done….. chalk and cheese to a moaning Aussie 

• Like 1

Last night I think showed the reasons why the Ipswich management have been right to steer clear of Holder certainly not on a bargain average & his attitude stinks.

well done the witches it’s been a longtime coming but I certainly enjoyed it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Musielek was a credit to his club shaking hands with us Ipswich fans and saying well done….. chalk and cheese to a moaning Aussie 

I seem to recall that he was similarly magnanimous and classy in the playoff final last season after the loss to BV! 

on another note it seems so odd that this time last season Lewis Kerr was riding for Sheffield in the playoffs having left Kings Lynn and yet last night Kerr having ‘left’ Sheffield recently was riding for erm Kings Lynn at Peterborough. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

<snip>

<snip>

An excellent post.

The above bit is the only bit I would partly disagree with.  Hume definitely busted a gut, but that really means he was over-riding - he wasn't able to cope with pushing that hard and a fall was inevitable (which he has done numerous times before).

Overall though, the Witches attacked the track and benefitted. A very good victory, and it showed how important the "engine room" has to be - the hard work was done at Owlerton, and the equivalent Tigers riders couldn't respond at Foxhall.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I seem to recall that he was similarly magnanimous and classy in the playoff final last season after the loss to BV! 

on another note it seems so odd that this time last season Lewis Kerr was riding for Sheffield in the playoffs having left Kings Lynn and yet last night Kerr having ‘left’ Sheffield recently was riding for erm Kings Lynn at Peterborough. 

Dont remember Chris Holder riding for Sheffield last season! Sheffield definitely messed up their changes.