British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

Musielek was a credit to his club shaking hands with us Ipswich fans and saying well done….. chalk and cheese to a moaning Aussie 

He’s preparing for next season by getting used to the Ipswich folk 

Congratulations Witches, coming into form at the right time, after just scrapping into the play offs in the last heat i can see them going on to win it. Its about peaking at the right time. Monday will be difficult for us i think, we need the polish version of Dan and to be able to cover well for Charles, also Brennan and Blodorn cant afford any inconsistencies. Doyley and Emil are certainly going to give Ipswich a solid base to build on, King seems to have hit a vein of form too. Can see Ipswich keeping it close enough Monday, Thursday is going to be a tough one for us.

43 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

When was the last time Holder rode at Foxhall?

12 Years ago he said on BSN last night.

15 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Congratulations Witches, coming into form at the right time, after just scrapping into the play offs in the last heat i can see them going on to win it. Its about peaking at the right time. Monday will be difficult for us i think, we need the polish version of Dan and to be able to cover well for Charles, also Brennan and Blodorn cant afford any inconsistencies. Doyley and Emil are certainly going to give Ipswich a solid base to build on, King seems to have hit a vein of form too. Can see Ipswich keeping it close enough Monday, Thursday is going to be a tough one for us.

King usually hits form this time of year.He looked very quick last night and Belle Vue is a track he likes.

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

12 Years ago he said on BSN last night.

Ah ok was there not watching on BSN so 2,2,2 and an R isnt that bad then could have been 8/9

Forgive the pictures but it's been a long time coming 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Dont remember Chris Holder riding for Sheffield last season! Sheffield definitely messed up their changes.

GM was referring to tobi musielak not Chris Holder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

King usually hits form this time of year.He looked very quick last night and Belle Vue is a track he likes.

Yes he had his A team mechanics again last night,  bruv put the go faster stripes on :wink:

Just so so pleased this team have won something,  and justified Chris and Ritchie's plan of sticking with the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Dont remember Chris Holder riding for Sheffield last season! Sheffield definitely messed up their changes.

I was talking about Musielak! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Badge said:

Yes he had his A team mechanics again last night,  bruv put the go faster stripes on :wink:

Just so so pleased this team have won something,  and justified Chris and Ritchie's plan of sticking with the team. 

Me too - I still recall that post match chat with him at Monmore all those years ago! Pleased he got to lift the cup as skipper too 

• Like 2

Heard Chris Holder is still at Foxhall as he still hasn't found his dummy he spat out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well......What can i say.

What a fantastic night, and brilliant to see such a big crowd. As for the result, as I've said on here before, it's a Cup, and we have won it, and deservedly so in my opinion.

I can remember right at the start of the season on the Peterborough page, i constantly said that Chris Holder wasn't in the bag as some were saying, yes i knew all along, but what a bullet they dodged there. And when some said he's coming to Ipswich, Thank god i knew he wasn't.

What a whinger, and I'm sure i speak for many Sheffield Fans, a very very bad signing, at any time of the season, this lad would of been a disastrous signing. But it is what it is.

On Ipswich, simply hit form at the right time, i will still standby my original stuff on the team, that we kept loyal to Riss for to long, and Danny had been bang average when we were going through our awful spell.....but when I'm wrong, i admit I'm wrong and the last few meetings the skipper has really come to the party, last night he was so quick, and when not in front, he battled hard for every point. 

Emil, no words can be said that haven't already been said.....we must keep him...Simple. He must return to the GP's, will that change anything, i hope not.

But for me Jason Doyle has been class for us from the day he walked in 2 years ago, last night, simply untouchable and for me he's next season's skipper.

But it's easy to hail the big guns, what about Keynan Rew, found it hard this season, but he's kept going, now looks like he's enjoying it, pleasure to watch him last night, and for me another rider who we must try to keep.

Erik Riss, yes i did say we should of changed him, and i still standby that as I've said, but he tries so hard, he is grateful for the loyalty shown and he deserves his moment of glory, and it may not be just last night where we get glory this season, depending on his average, we might keep him you know.

Danyon and Joe went ok, i still feel for Joe  but i hope we can retain Dan, but he's a R/S so not sure what pick we get for that next season.

Danyon for me works so hard, but every time he goes round them bends he scares me to the point i don't watch, but another lad who deserves this trophy.

Well done to everybody last night behind the scenes, brilliant to see so many celebrate on Centre Green with the rider's( Sadly i didn't as was wearing Flip Flops)but brilliant to see you all enjoy the victory.

Onto Belle Vue and Monday night, it's not impossible you know, we couldn't could we, i think we could, and i hope to be there supporting the lads

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

The Aces have won at Ipswich twice this year I think and they should have enough fire power to win on aggregate - can't see Ipswich getting beyond 35 on Monday but you never know.

27 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

The Aces have won at Ipswich twice this year I think and they should have enough fire power to win on aggregate - can't see Ipswich getting beyond 35 on Monday but you never know.

Rew at reserve is what will see us reach 40 points or not. If he can bring some form he will be having 6 rides. Emil, Doyley and Danny should be getting 25 between them then Erik Danyon and RS need to get 5/10