British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn v Ipswich 4th September

42 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Who would have guessed that. How much were they paid to throw the match? This shows what a contrived crock of sh... the sport is. Sheffield tried to buy the way to the final, Wolves just want to be in the play offs to have something to show for the history at Monmore and Leicester need to enhance the club value given they are up for sale. Bellevue are the only credible qualifiers for the play off. Still you have the Polish title race to watch but the sport needs to get real. Makes WWE and Smackdown look professional.

Ipswich only have themselves to blame didn’t make changes mid season, how not to win the league with two of the best in the business 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

If Robert hadn't had 2 engine failures late on, ippo would have lost tonight 

Why was Tofty in heat 15.B)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Riss had 2 aswell so these things even themselves up :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Riss had 2 aswell so these things even themselves up :t:

Don't think Riss had 2.He wasn't interested at all tonight.

13 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Blown engine at the start,and a split fuel pipe in his next.

I tell ya what,,,, massive massive praise should be heaped on Simon Lambert,,, the poor bloke always seems to miss out on team places in the top league until injuries,,,, but he always seems to put ipswich to the sword,,, 15 points,,, that's fantastic really.  By the way, Riss,, a former stars number 1 was pure doggy doo doo again,, 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

And if yer Aunty had balls she’d be your Uncle! 

The unpredictability of sport that’ all

35 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Wolves home form in recent weeks has been pathetic for a team hoping to be in a Grand Final . They somehow managed to win  2 matches they actually didn't win and I'm surprised Ipswich didn't beat them . Got what they deserved tonight. 

Maybe just maybe Leicester really wanted the win knowing their season might be over without the points 

• Like 1

Never thought I'd say this but Simon Lambert needs to be on the team sheet next year whatever league we are in.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Wolves home form in recent weeks has been pathetic for a team hoping to be in a Grand Final . They somehow managed to win  2 matches they actually didn't win and I'm surprised Ipswich didn't beat them . Got what they deserved tonight. 

But remember they don't have to be good now, just good when they play-offs start

“Another win at Lynn and I’m really proud of the boys and how determined they were. They stuck with it throughout the meeting and Lynn tried everything to get the better of us tonight and tried every trick in the book really as they have done all season, but we managed to get another win and I’m super proud of how they’ve been over the last six weeks or so. That is seven wins in eight to finish the league season and we look forward to the cup final next week now.

“We should have been here two weeks ago and got the win already, but we were made to wait. It was a dubious decision with Breum who was withdrawn tonight, we all know what is going on, but nothing is going to be done about it. We had to stick with it, and we did, and we got the win.

“The heat leaders did great and to be fair everyone scored and contributed. I thought the effort Keynan put in at reserve was superb and if he can put everything like that into every meeting then next season you will really see him push on and it could well be key for the cup final.

“It looks like we might miss out on the play-offs by one or two points, and I definitely think that home defeat to Belle Vue was really costly, and we thought that at the time.

“So many Ipswich fans here again and you know Ipswich are in town because wherever we go, we have massive crowds, and we have a tremendous following. I went to see quite a few of them after the meeting and thanked them and for anyone I didn’t see thank you for coming, we all appreciate it and I’m glad we sent you home happy.”

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-report-kings-lynn-44-46-ipswich-sports-insure-premiership-r2-a/

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Never thought I'd say this but Simon Lambert needs to be on the team sheet next year whatever league we are in.  

Seems to be getting better as he’s getting older! Always doubtful that R Lambert would commit to a full season but if Lynn could get both Lamberts signed up for next year that would be a huge start to team building. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

“Another win at Lynn and I’m really proud of the boys and how determined they were. They stuck with it throughout the meeting and Lynn tried everything to get the better of us tonight and tried every trick in the book really as they have done all season, but we managed to get another win and I’m super proud of how they’ve been over the last six weeks or so. That is seven wins in eight to finish the league season and we look forward to the cup final next week now.

“We should have been here two weeks ago and got the win already, but we were made to wait. It was a dubious decision with Breum who was withdrawn tonight, we all know what is going on, but nothing is going to be done about it. We had to stick with it, and we did, and we got the win.

“The heat leaders did great and to be fair everyone scored and contributed. I thought the effort Keynan put in at reserve was superb and if he can put everything like that into every meeting then next season you will really see him push on and it could well be key for the cup final.

“It looks like we might miss out on the play-offs by one or two points, and I definitely think that home defeat to Belle Vue was really costly, and we thought that at the time.

“So many Ipswich fans here again and you know Ipswich are in town because wherever we go, we have massive crowds, and we have a tremendous following. I went to see quite a few of them after the meeting and thanked them and for anyone I didn’t see thank you for coming, we all appreciate it and I’m glad we sent you home happy.”

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-report-kings-lynn-44-46-ipswich-sports-insure-premiership-r2-a/

Refreshing to see someone not being a good boy and toeing the party line and calling out the bullish!t that goes on. No doubt he’ll be getting a phone call in due course!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Enjoyed last night, despite the 'Stars' losing, and I'm sorry that Ipswich will now miss the play-off's, following Leicester's win at Wolverhampton.

It's been great to see the likes of Robert Lambert, Emil Sayfutdinov, Tai Woffinden and Artem Laguta back on British tracks for the various lengths of time that they've been here. 

Love him or hate him, which the majority seem to on this forum, without knowing the real Keith Chapman, the atmosphere at the Adrian Flux Arena has improved, in my opinion, ten fold, since he was forced into having to take the lead role in our favourite sport again. The cheers and applause that he received after the meeting, when he announced that he would keep the club alive going into 2024, was great to hear, so thank you Buster, for allowing the keyboard warriors, the chance to slag you off again next spring. They are in the minority, compared to the amount of people that do support you.

I agree with Bagpuss, Simon Lambert must be the first name on the team sheet for next season. He's a great captain, and a rider that never knows when he is beaten.     

Okay, I'll open my windows now, as I'm expecting the S**t to hit the fan, but I've expressed MY opinion, as of course you are. 

Have a good winter everybody.   

I'll hold my hands up and admit I have been critical of Buster this year. However, I agree that the feel good factor is certainly back around the club and long may this continue into '24 and beyond. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1