British Speedway Forum
Biffa

Redcar v Glasgow 10th September

19 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

I'm sick of people like you! Why does GB bend over backwards to Poland, he is a British rider? It's because of people with your attitude the sport is on its knees in this country!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the Redcar v Glasgow fixture rescheduled over 4 weeks ago?

What a response, can always rely on this forum for a good laugh

I must apologise that I'm responsible for the sport being on it's knees in this country.

Being a British rider or when the fixture was resheduled has zero relevance to the FIM calendar

You know this collaborative effort between the British, Polish, Swedish, Danish orgs. which has been around for like ever.

It's not all made up as you go along, as some people will have you believe!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

What a response, can always rely on this forum for a good laugh

I must apologise that I'm responsible for the sport being on it's knees in this country.

Being a British rider or when the fixture was resheduled has zero relevance to the FIM calendar

You know this collaborative effort between the British, Polish, Swedish, Danish orgs. which has been around for like ever.

It's not all made up as you go along, as some people will have you believe!

I wonder what willl happen if the Wroclaw meeting doesnt take place and gets rescheduled for another night Redcar, or Belle Vue, are racing? ;)

The collaboration effort between Poland and GB looks like Poland saying, "We will do what we went, when we want, and for your compliance we will let you have some of our riders who either don't have the GP's to race in, or have finished their seasons and we don't need then anymore".:D

Best of luck to Charles but whichever way you make it sound, it does just add another devaluation of the competitions over here doesnt he?

As, if they were important, then this simply wouldn't happen...

Hope he has a great play offs in all leagues but the one in Poland will clearly need to be his priority given the stakes involved...

It will be a great experience for him hopefully and a shop window to put himself in for further opportunity in any of the leagues...

7 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Wright has abandoned the team that owns his contract in GB and should get a 28 day ban!

I was going to go as in Newcastle anyway.

If the riders cannot be bothered then neither can I.

• Haha 3

Like it or not, cracking the Ekstraliga is the holy grail of speedway. How you could deny someone the opportunity to just do that for the sake of a British second league dead rubber is beyond me. I'm a massive Redcar fan but have a high interest in Polish speedway and watch most meetings on a weekend, if he performs well he could link up with a Polish team that could change his life financially. You'd have to be insane to deny someone that chance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

Charles Wright has given everything for Redcar for many years. Been on the lower end of wages despite being one of the top riders in the league. Turned down numerous approaches for much more money from other clubs.

Hes now been given a once in a lifetime (especially at his age) opportunity to ride in the top league in the world and has to miss a match that ultimately means nothing for Redcar. Playoffs are confirmed and league position now means nothing.

Give the guy a break! 

Peterborough were fined twenty odd thousand pounds (possibly reduced on appeal but still fined) and told to let the public in for nothing at a home meeting for Jack Holder missing meetings a few years back (for Torun).

Is this not the same situation (rider coming into a team late in the season).

He hasn't raced for them before the same as Jack hadn't raced for Torun.

16 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Peterborough were fined twenty odd thousand pounds (possibly reduced on appeal but still fined) and told to let the public in for nothing at a home meeting for Jack Holder missing meetings a few years back (for Torun).

Can't remember, so this is a genuine question, were the Jack Holder meetings in the UK rearranged fixtures, or original ones?

3 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

I was going to go as in Newcastle anyway.

If the riders cannot be bothered then neither can I.

“Cannot be bothered “ or earning four times as much riding elsewhere ?.

Jack Holders was the 4TT Final at Peterborough. Think Ged Rathbonr at the time allegedly took a £20k payment to release Jack from the fours to ride in Poland. 
Also who is missing for Glasgow & why?

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I'm sick of people like you! Why does GB bend over backwards to Poland, he is a British rider? It's because of people with your attitude the sport is on its knees in this country!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the Redcar v Glasgow fixture rescheduled over 4 weeks ago?

Well , Bellend….the clue there is word ‘ rescheduled’…..meaning a rearranged fixture so no priority.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Biffa said:

Jack Holders was the 4TT Final at Peterborough. Think Ged Rathbonr at the time allegedly took a £20k payment to release Jack from the fours to ride in Poland. 

Bydgoszcz have a play off match on the 10th..according to updates Ben isn't in the team but assume he has to be there

Surely this is quite simple.....

Poland have priority on Sundays. Only way Charles Wright could have raced for Redcar against Glasgow on Sunday was to turn down the chance to sign for Wroclaw. Considering Redcar usually race on a Friday, why would he turn it down?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

21 minutes ago, Biffa said:

So, a completely different scenario then?  Having said that, the Fours would have been on a Sunday, so maybe the rules were the same for UK Sunday fixtures not having priority at the time? Or is this a "new" rule?

The sport and its rules just get worse as the season goes on.

There is no credibility in winning anything in GB nowadays,majority of fans attending are just there to see the racing and some social chatter.Been like that for a while now,programme changes are the norm.

• Like 3