British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Dave Jones said:

I was always under the impression that Brian was " a signed & sealed " job with Coventry the minute he lifted the title at Brandon.:)

That was always my understanding too. Tsunami will know

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

FB-IMG-1695130028622.jpg

Rob Tilbury? Nice pink helmet :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Rob Tilbury? Nice pink helmet :D

I can remember pink helmet colours being the in thing for a short time in the late 80's instead of red, presumably the authorities clamped down on it sharpish. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember pink helmet colours being the in thing for a short time in the late 80's instead of red, presumably the authorities clamped down on it sharpish. 

will get you thrown out of a meeting these days!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1Tsunami said:

He had White leathers when rode for us. Went on to Reading free of charge from Newcastle after we sold all the riders in 1994, but nobody bid for Petri. He was such a nice guy we gave him to Reading to keep him riding in the UK.

Oh right I was like 4 in 94 so no idea haha got taken to brough in 97 when it reopened and went until it closed. Did petri ride for reading in 97? I vaguely seem to remember, but can’t really recall much else of his later career.

7 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I was always under the impression that Brian was " a signed & sealed " job with Coventry the minute he lifted the title at Brandon.:)

He probably was. We understood he joined us for the last 6 weeks of the season to give him UK experience. He certainly wasn't in the frame for us the following season. Probably a Loan deal.

49 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Oh right I was like 4 in 94 so no idea haha got taken to brough in 97 when it reopened and went until it closed. Did petri ride for reading in 97? I vaguely seem to remember, but can’t really recall much else of his later career.

As Grand Central said in a previous post, Brian signed for us at the backend of 1991 on probably a loan deal. He went into Coventry's team  the following year.

Yes Petri went to  Reading as a gift from us after the 1994 season as we knew he was a good gater and would come good as a rider with UK experience. His wife Anna worked I think with air traffic control in London so Reading was handy for him.

Edited by 1Tsunami
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Jbp.jpg

Hmmm....Bruce Penhall would be too obvious? How about Steve Lucero?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Hmmm....Bruce Penhall would be too obvious? How about Steve Lucero?

Always go with the obvious... Brucey looking particularly Juicy :D

• Like 1

Who is this... showing some leg... and some arm, in fact should he have even been allowed to ride, he's barely wearing that race suit :o

ePmEec3xU60.jpg

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Who is this... showing some leg... and some arm, in fact should he have even been allowed to ride, he's barely wearing that race suit :o

ePmEec3xU60.jpg

Has to be Egon Muller with those handlebars?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

48 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Would agree

• Like 1