British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

Think I'm going to make this my first visit to Oxford this year. The mini-league for the play-offs is an interesting concept which I think I quite like.

Hoping for an Oxford v Poole final, but I think Glasgow might have a bit too much and win this group.

Question - are there aggregate bonus points in these meetings?

Glasgow getting in Tarasenko with a false average has made them into title favourites I think. 43-47

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Think I'm going to make this my first visit to Oxford this year. The mini-league for the play-offs is an interesting concept which I think I quite like.

Hoping for an Oxford v Poole final, but I think Glasgow might have a bit too much and win this group.

Question - are there aggregate bonus points in these meetings?

Looks like it as the section tables on the BSPL site include columns for them. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Glasgow getting in Tarasenko with a false average has made them into title favourites I think. 43-47

They still have a weakness at reserve especially with Ace injured and with Vissing out only r/r available and some have said he is very good at Glasgow so not cut and dried although getting Tarasenko was a masterstroke.

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

If a rider’s average is produced in accordance with the rules and approved by the BSPL it isn’t a false average. Astute team managing in my opinion.

The rules are wrong. How can you have the same rider assessed at the same average for both leagues .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The rules are wrong. How can you have the same rider assessed at the same average for both leagues .

If that is the case then it is absolutely wrong. There is, I assume, an average conversion between the leagues and that should apply with assessed riders too.

Eg an 8.00 rider in Championship becomes 12.00 in the PL - is that correct? So if Tarasenko was a 5.00 in the PL he should be 7.50 in the Championship. That's just plain common sense.

• Like 1

When Glasgow signed him he was on an assessed average in the Premiership of 5the day after Glasgow signed him he got a proper average Michael Max said on Friday night,it was in the rules from the beginning of the season so as Neil Watson says astute management any other team  could have signed him 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If that is the case then it is absolutely wrong. There is, I assume, an average conversion between the leagues and that should apply with assessed riders too.

Eg an 8.00 rider in Championship becomes 12.00 in the PL - is that correct? So if Tarasenko was a 5.00 in the PL he should be 7.50 in the Championship. That's just plain common sense.

The rules and common sense are not compatible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

When Glasgow signed him he was on an assessed average in the Premiership of 5the day after Glasgow signed him he got a proper average Michael Max said on Friday night,it was in the rules from the beginning of the season so as Neil Watson says astute management any other team  could have signed him 

I agree Glasgow pulled a masterstroke but the point I made was that PL and CL assessed averages should not be the same for the same rider.

Just now, foreverblue said:

I agree Glasgow pulled a masterstroke but the point I made was that PL and CL assessed averages should not be the same for the same rider.

As has been gone over many, many times. This was agreed by all promoters at the AGM last autumn. Now it might go against them several promotions want to speak out against it. Well should've thought of that before voted for it!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

The issue seems to be that he was assessed the same in both leagues - which makes no sense.

Well done Glasgow for figuring out that the people who make up the rules aren't the sharpest tools in the box and making the signing.

Can a Championship side now sign Bartosz Zmarzlik on 8.00?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As has been gone over many, many times. This was agreed by all promoters at the AGM last autumn. Now it might go against them several promotions want to speak out against it. Well should've thought of that before voted for it!!

That says it all, I guess.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As has been gone over many, many times. This was agreed by all promoters at the AGM last autumn. Now it might go against them several promotions want to speak out against it. Well should've thought of that before voted for it!!

Says it all, dont blame Glasgow at all. Good luck to them but the rule is wrong, anyone can see that except the promotions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Says it all, dont blame Glasgow at all. Good luck to them but the rule is wrong, anyone can see that except the promotions.

It does kind of make you wonder where their heads are when they come up with this stuff, doesn't it!

• Like 4