British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I agree, it isn’t the safest margin, but I think Oxford will take a significant amount of confidence from the nature of the win.

With the score at 34-32 at the interval, BBC Oxford’s commentary team said they felt like the momentum was with Glasgow; Harris had beaten Nicholls and Basso had beaten Masters for heat advantages in the two previous heats.

BBC Oxford’s commentary then said Oxford’s manager rounded-up his team in the pits in an attempt to galvanise them and it worked.

What a response; Kerr beat Basso, the heat thirteen 5-1, Jenkins and Atkins passing Brennan to secure the win, then the last heat 4-2 was more than anyone could have imagined.

The return leg at Ashfield is setting-up to be spectacular.

While I get what you're saying, it wasn't exactly more than anyone could have imagined. The score (38-34) was exactly the same when Glasgow met them in the league earlier in the year, and the Tigers ended up losing 52-38 on that occasion. Oxford's bread and butter tends to be heats 13, 14 and 15...there have been many times this season where they have pulled away in the last three heats, which is only natural when Masters and Nicholls tend to be out together in two of them. They are very good together at Sandy Lane - although I will accept Glasgow with Harris and Basso/Tarasenko are tougher opponents than most.

Would Glasgow fans have been happy with a 10-point advantage at the start of the meeting, it's hard to say, guess you can answer that better than me? 100% agree the return leg will be spectacular, especially as I can easily see it all coming down to that bonus point to see who gets to the final.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

While I get what you're saying, it wasn't exactly more than anyone could have imagined. The score (38-34) was exactly the same when Glasgow met them in the league earlier in the year, and the Tigers ended up losing 52-38 on that occasion. Oxford's bread and butter tends to be heats 13, 14 and 15...there have been many times this season where they have pulled away in the last three heats, which is only natural when Masters and Nicholls tend to be out together in two of them. They are very good together at Sandy Lane - although I will accept Glasgow with Harris and Basso/Tarasenko are tougher opponents than most.

Would Glasgow fans have been happy with a 10-point advantage at the start of the meeting, it's hard to say, guess you can answer that better than me? 100% agree the return leg will be spectacular, especially as I can easily see it all coming down to that bonus point to see who gets to the final.

Before the meeting, I’d have considered a 10-point loss to be fair, but considering the circumstances and the way the meeting unfolded, it’s somewhat disappointing.

I‘ve only recently returned to speedway, so didn’t realise the scoreline was identical after the interval during the same fixture earlier this season, so for a similar collapse to happen again will only add to Cami Brown’s frustration.

I wonder what sort of discussions take place between a manager and a rider, Brennan and Complin, in this instance, following a poor meeting. I’m intrigued.

53 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I wonder what sort of discussions take place between a manager and a rider, Brennan and Complin, in this instance, following a poor meeting. I’m intrigued.

That won't have been the first or second such conversation this season but when you choose not to look at the facts and make changes you can't expect anything else. 

I'd argue Glasgow have a formidable top 3 just as Poole, Oxford and Redcar do but the lower end of the team shall we say lacks that punch to get the job done. 

I've stated before your reserves should be beating visiting reserves and even second strings at home but more often on not its the visiting reserve riders who have come out on top. 

Too late this season again so surely lesson will have been learned? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

My response wasn't to you as I'd gladly live rest of my days without any interaction with you thanks. You decided to jump on the based and to quote your own post "be arsey". I'm pretty sure Gaz and from afar would gladly agree with me! Honestly all my years here never put anyone on ignore, not even shovlar. Congratulations you made the 1st

Wasting your time with this clown is time you have lost forever.

He no longer warrants a reply on here.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wasting your time with this clown is time you have lost forever.

He no longer warrants a reply on here.

Yes, Gaz. Go on, son. Tell him I don’t warrant a reply… while replying to a discussion regarding me which doesn’t concern you. Making sense is overrated, anyway.

I’ll be honest; I’d forgot all about our conversation yesterday and it’s great to see you’re over it too.

The fannies fanny on here can't even remember what day the conversation was.

I never gave you permission to call me Gaz.:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bojangles said:

You bet they would but, unfortunately, it is a 10 point dis-advantage.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You bet they would but, unfortunately, it is a 10 point dis-advantage.

Ha, good point!

5 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Would Glasgow fans have been happy with a 10-point disadvantage at the start of the meeting, it's hard to say, guess you can answer that better than me?

I would say most would. I certainly would. Even at the end, I wasn't too disappointed. We also often struggle in 13/15 away from home.

I'd have been disappointed if it went out to 12. 8 would have been great. 10 leaves it really nicely balanced for me.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 3

The tie is all set for a great home meeting & hopefully tigers get the bonus point it will go to the last heat is my guess , but we need to take care of redcar as that's a tough meeting too I'm sure bears will get a good replacement for Charles.. tigers need to stay focused it can be done & scunthorpe have a chance of putting Poole out that could be interesting tho never write pirates off 

8 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Announcing his intention to ignore someone he’s never interacted with.:lol::lol::lol:

Tell me you’re craving attention without telling me you’re craving attention.

Says the man in the mirror.

13 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

There he is. The human sleeping tablet with another unbelievable input.

No, I'm a troll, just ask Elsie.