British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Wolves v Tigers Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 25th September @ 19:30

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I thought that was what they did....:D

Lets be honest, they spend all the qualifying matches during the season running it in a Mickey Mouse way, so why not just carry this on during the play offs.. 

Fair play to them for that...

You only have to see the comments on the other semi threads about Ipswich maybe using Fricke on Monday rather then Harris as he is better at the NSS to see how ludicrous it all is, and how fans just accept such nonsense...

Poland ran their first leg of their final with two top riders missing from one team, with no guests, and had s closer result than the UK did with two...

They also had a packed stadium, major sponsors involved, big viewing figures, and will have big financial rewards for whoever wins..

I wonder what the difference is?:D

They had a rule in Poland called lucky loser . worse rule than any in uk speedway that rule was just pure comedy .. Speedway rules are just as stupid in Poland .For how poor speedway is run in the uk the rules have little effect on why Poland have bigger  crowd levels etc than the uk . 

Guests are much better than having to bring in People like Conor Mountain etc for the top riders like have in Poland and having a final when one side ended up being 1-25 on to win the final in a two horse race . 

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Guests have part of speedway all the time i have been going, since 1968, and during that time the sport has been taken very seriously, so its not guests that are the main problem

Everyone says get rid of them but no one comes up with a viable alternative, do people really want Sheffield to ride with two juniors instead of their two best riders?

We did our best when Holder got injured, only for his replacement to then get injured, so its not a though we wanted guests, it was just speedway

Team Speedway in the UK hasn't really bee taken too seriously for a long, long time, hence no major sponsors for decades..

Guests used to be a "necessary evil" (allegedly:rolleyes:), with their appearences limited to "now and again"...

Over the past two decades they have become something that surprises you when there isn't one...

Come on Wolves, I don't want to see the British Speedway USER make a mockery of our league again.

Wolves vs. Ipswich final sounds perfect to me, Two clubs that have played by the rules and stuck with their main body riders all season.

• Like 5

Integrity , transparency , consistency 

Please Mr Morris do your job.......

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, orion said:

They had a rule in Poland called lucky loser . worse rule than any in uk speedway that rule was just pure comedy .. Speedway rules are just as stupid in Poland .For how poor speedway is run in the uk the rules have little effect on why Poland have bigger  crowd levels etc than the uk . 

Guests are much better than having to bring in People like Conor Mountain etc for the top riders like have in Poland and having a final when one side ended up being 1-25 on to win the final in a two horse race . 

Ipswich had two guests and are now 18 points ahead.

A much larger margin than Lublin managed over "guest less" Wroclaw...:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And Belle Vue still have a chance . Wroclaw have no chance and never did .. hence why Lublin are still 1 -20 to win the title . Maybe if they lose thou  they might get another chance as a lucky loser lol

Edited by orion

20 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Team Speedway in the UK hasn't really bee taken too seriously for a long, long time, hence no major sponsors for decades..

Guests used to be a "necessary evil" (allegedly:rolleyes:), with their appearences limited to "now and again"...

Over the past two decades they have become something that surprises you when there isn't one...

Like i asked, what should Sheffield do, ride with two juniors?

Or as they would also be guests perhaps a five man team would be better

Edited by The Third Man

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

BV were lucky it was only 18! It was not the guests that was the problem for  BV, it was the poor performance of their team. Jack Smith got 2 which must considered on a par with what Joe T would have scored and Harris got similar to what Doyle would have got. Losing Charles hurt BV a lot not only because he has a good record at Ipswich but also because he is good for team spirit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Using juniors is not the answer but using guests within the rules is an acceptable alternative in my view, using an assessed rider is not within the rules.

• Like 2

Don't ask Tom Brennan about Charles & team spirit!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Correct .. and what  supporter would go if Juniors replaced Woffy and Tobi  for example ?   Would be suicide money wise to the home promoter .

5 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Why do the BSPL want Sheffield to win? Clear rule bending yet again. 

It’s not clear rule bending there were enough loop holes when I read the regulations on Sunday when I was making the case for Ipswich to use Lambert, also errors on the official team sheets on the scb all made it very easy in my opinion to use him. I said on Sunday if the regulations were put to the test Lambert would end up riding

Another rule we'd never heard of until today 

If he's got an established match average which he clearly has then why is it shown as assessed in the greensheet lists?

What does that achieve exactly?

• Like 2

If Tai rides they should make Lawson guest for Musielak, at least he has a genuine average.