British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

My concern is Norick Blodorn now,  he will

He is my concern, he will be having 6 rides in these play offs with likely taking 2 R/R rides. 
If he rides not fit will be big problem for Belle Vue.

Agree again -covering Wright was hard without other issues

Ben Basso or Ben Cook would be the options I think

38 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Nothing against Jack Smith for taking the guest booking, extra earnings and wants to prove himself.

But bit farcical a Belle Vue junior could potentially help knock the senior team out of the playoffs. 
Bailey will have the beating of him though.

No I dont suppose you have anything against him because he will probably do his best to help Belle Vue.

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Agree again -covering Wright was hard without other issues

Ben Basso or Ben Cook would be the options I think

Jack Smith could maybe ride for both teams...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Nothing against Jack Smith for taking the guest booking, extra earnings and wants to prove himself.

But bit farcical a Belle Vue junior could potentially help knock the senior team out of the playoffs. 
Bailey will have the beating of him though.

Couldn't agree more Rob. 

Hoping this off Monday if Norrick isn't fit.  We will struggle without him with Charles also out.  If he's fit then we still have a chance, if Aces take an 8 point lead to Ipswich they are more than capable of defending it. 

I think as a final meeting it should be a cracker and we could sneak a win with a fair wind. Missing Charles made it almost impossible but with a bashed up Norick it’s a done deal over two legs. Jacks just the icing on the cake. Hope the weather plays ball and we get the usual racing at NSS. 

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No I dont suppose you have anything against him because he will probably do his best to help Belle Vue.

I think the opposite actually, he will be determined as he was frustrated that wasn’t given the rising star position at the start of the season and when Jake Mulford was injured. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but he does ride for Belle Vue Colts and his dad rode for Belle Vue so not expecting too much 

Although he needs to show he would be a better choice than Bailey ....

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I think the opposite actually, he will be determined as he was frustrated that wasn’t given the rising star position at the start of the season and when Jake Mulford was injured. 

Well we will see, I doubt it but I expect monday will be off anyway looking at the forecast.

1 hour ago, ouch said:

I think as a final meeting it should be a cracker and we could sneak a win with a fair wind. Missing Charles made it almost impossible but with a bashed up Norick it’s a done deal over two legs. Jacks just the icing on the cake. Hope the weather plays ball and we get the usual racing at NSS. 

It is a shame it isnt the final as I think the final will be a very one sided affair, Ipswich and Belle Vue have kept the same team except the RS and it seemed to have worked for them. Wolves another team who havent changed and will probably win the other semi so change isnt always good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Although he needs to show he would be a better choice than Bailey ....

Yes true but at the time I expect most would have picked Bailey over Smith.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Jack Smith is a shrewd choice for the NSS and is more than capable of taking points off Bailey. Smith beat Bailey twice in heats 13 and 15 around there a few weeks ago riding for the Colts. 

Not knocking jack at all, was just weighing up how we might put together 42 points realistically, any points jack picks up along the way will be a big bonus! Good to hear he’s beaten Bailey round there recently, I’m wary the pressure of top league speedway might affect him fairly tho

35 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Not knocking jack at all, was just weighing up how we might put together 42 points realistically, any points jack picks up along the way will be a big bonus! Good to hear he’s beaten Bailey round there recently, I’m wary the pressure of top league speedway might affect him fairly tho

Possibly we’ll see, but he’s definitely the right pick for the NSS considering the options. Maybe Joe for the home leg. We’ve been so unlucky with the rising stars this year. Lost Thomas before a wheel was turned who I'm convinced would have been one of the stronger rising stars, and then just as Dan Thompson was riding himself in to form and riding superbly we then lost him!

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

Just tried to book parking but says unavailable, any locals know why. Do they go on sale on the day or could it be sold out

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is Chris on the phone to Fricke,, that Doyle mistake looked nasty

Fingers crossed Doyle is ok but it looks a bad fall.  Depends if Fricke is booked to ride for Sheffield, but hopefully Doyle is ok don't want any rider injured.