British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

He’s as tough as they come, but he’s not superman. Foxhall Thursday a possibility maybe, but highly unlikely he’d be back on a bike tomorrow you’d think. 

You could use Fricke monday I would have thought.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know, but can he guest for two different teams in the play offs? 

Well they are not riding against each other 

I’m stirring it up because as normal the rules & documentation are open to question. 

At the start of this morning it was stated on here that Ipswich couldn’t have a guest for Doyle. According to SCB regulations that’s is incorrect we can.

Lambert appears to have a Match Average although it’s been argued that the * means he is on an assessed average. If that the case then his assessed average is identical to the real average that he achieved when he rode he last so it technically isn’t assessed but is an actual average.

If * means that a rider has an assessed average then how come Wojdylo doesn’t have it against his name?  Yes he has ass. Next to it but if that means an assessed average then the * can’t.

look my day job is looking for loop holes & with out looking very hard this morning I’ve found more holes in the regs than Swiss cheese.

All of which means it’s certainly worth a push from the Ipswich camp to get Lambert in, if we need a guest as so many grey areas means it wouldn’t stand up if tested legally.

That is unless Louis who is on the board doesn’t want to rock the boat.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know, but can he guest for two different teams in the play offs? 

Yes but not in the same 2 leg tie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I’m stirring it up because as normal the rules & documentation are open to question. 

At the start of this morning it was stated on here that Ipswich couldn’t have a guest for Doyle. According to SCB regulations that’s is incorrect we can.

Lambert appears to have a Match Average although it’s been argued that the * means he is on an assessed average. If that the case then his assessed average is identical to the real average that he achieved when he rode he last so it technically isn’t assessed but is an actual average.

If * means that a rider has an assessed average then how come Wojdylo doesn’t have it against his name?  Yes he has ass. Next to it but if that means an assessed average then the * can’t.

look my day job is looking for loop holes & with out looking very hard this morning I’ve found more holes in the regs than Swiss cheese.

All of which means it’s certainly worth a push from the Ipswich camp to get Lambert in, if we need a guest as so many grey areas means it wouldn’t stand up if tested legally.

But it clearly states on the team declarations lists for the teams in the top right corner that a  MA match average which wasn't achieved in the last 2 years is classed as an assessed average not a Match Average .

Edited by scoobydoo

12 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

When he rode here last his average was 7.61, which is not identical to 7.81. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/p22_issue_final-1.pdf

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

But it clearly states on the team declarations lists for the teams in the top right corner that a  MA match average which wasn't achieved in the last 2 years is classed as an assessed average not a Match Average .

It does but you have Brem & Wojdylo who both are on assessed averages as they haven’t riden in the uk before but then have different notes against their name on the official team declarations, so what means what? 

As I’ve said because of that it’s open to interpretation & their is a huge grey area, the official documentation has a massive error on. 

1 minute ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It’s now very easy to see how Matt Ford used to get away with so much when in charge of Poole, the more you look the more loop holes you find…..love it!

Yep.

As long as you're a smart promoter then you'll find lots of loophole's in the rulebook that contradicts itself. 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Belle Vue to their credit have shown the ability to run in conditions that other tracks couldn't cope with (far from ideal but possible)

Given this and the complications (TV , further date extensions etc) that a postponement would cause I would expect it to go ahead unless Noah turns up with his ark 

Come on its Manchester!

But you are right both BV and Ipswich have either run meetings when it seemed they would be called off - its very gloomy the forecast however.

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

He was defo knocked out,,, so will be out off Mondays and Thursdays meeting regardless 

Disaster!! I am praying for rain now so Ipswich can track Doyle and Emil in the re-runs is there any update on Doyley?

Edited by GeneralMelchett

7 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Disaster!! I am praying for rain now so Ipswich can track Doyle and Emil in the re-runs is there any update on Doyley?

He’s sat 5 rows in front of us on plane. Was walking very slowly and looks bit dazed, face is a mess. 

Edited by Rob B
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

He’s sat 5 rows in front of us on plane. Was walking very slowly and looks bit dazed, face is a mess. 

I bet - well lets hope a week off and he is fully recoverd!

TY for the news!

3 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

First of all i think that guests/replacements should be allowed for all positions. Teams work hard all season to qualify for the play offs only to be weakened through injury its not fair for the team or there fans who have .spent time and money supporting them all season The play offs are supposed to be an end of the season spectacular for all fans so one or more weakened teams just ruins the whole thing .Many teams over the years have won the title because a better team has been weaken through injury i.m.o its the play offs biggest fault.

Anyway the Lambert average thing if you look at last years final average list you will see  that Lambert riding for Belle vue has a average of 7.61 an average that he achieved with his last full season with Kings Lynn. For what ever reason they have assessed his average when he came back for this season at 7.81 so having not done enough meetings for a new average he stays on his assessed average of 7.81.