British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tie will be over before then tbh.

Bomber isn't any good around the NSS.

He will be good for about  8 points judging on previous scores so not that bad and if track is wet maybe more.

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tie will be over before then tbh.

Bomber isn't any good around the NSS.

For goodness sake, yes we're up against it, so what let's all try to send positive vibes not negative ones all the time.  If the meeting goes ahead I'll be watching on TV,  probably with everything crossed but until the 2nd legs finished I'll keep the faith as I hope all Witches supporters will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So Belle Vue handed a “good fortune” bye into the poff final where Sheffield will once again show who is the better  team on aggregate.

Load of nonsense.  Aces been hit hard by injuries. 

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They will miss Wright but are still big favourites .

I'd say slight favourites over Ipswich with Doyle out.  If we get to the final depends on who it is, and if it's Sheffield who their guests are. 

12 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I'd agree entirely.  You can drive a coach and horses through the regs 

That's the idea..

So it can be made up...

And if you cannot find an "open goal"?...

Then the "in the interest of Speedway" card is played.. :D

Seem barmy trying to cobble everything else together when you can just use that "catch all" as the only regulation...

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So Belle Vue handed a “good fortune” bye into the poff final where Sheffield will once again show who is the better  team on aggregate.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Might as well bypass the play off semis with the injuries for Ipswich & Sheffield and just run a Belle Vue v Wolves final, with the lack of choices for guests they will be so one sided. Says a lot when the best Ipswich can get to replace a 9.21 rider is Harris on 6.87. In the best interests for speedway, Ipswich should be allowed to use Robert Lambert. I'm sure Steady will be fighting to be allowed to have Jack Holder back.

Silly comments suggesting any team is in the final or out of contention already.

Certainly 3 clubs are weakened with injuries, but the remaining riders & guests won't make it easy for the opposition. I think Belle Vue & Wolves are favourites for the final, but they're far from certainties.

Edited by szkocjasid

6 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I'd say slight favourites over Ipswich with Doyle out.  If we get to the final depends on who it is, and if it's Sheffield who their guests are. 

Cant see Sheffield beating Wolves, only one heat leader and he hates Monmore, I suspect they must have already booked Fricke as he isnt riding for Ipswich tonight. As Harris is the guest tonight not sure if he would be allowed to guest for Sheffield so maybe have to use Lawson or Tarasenko.

All comes down to Brennan and Cook for me, Ben has been on fire recently so if he carries on and Brennan avoids a mare, I can see 53-37, despite an Emil 18 point max

4 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

All comes down to Brennan and Cook for me, Ben has been on fire recently so if he carries on and Brennan avoids a mare, I can see 53-37, despite an Emil 18 point max

Emil can score a max 15 

23 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Emil can score a max 15 

As good as he is, he won’t get a max IMO. Bewely and Kurtz will take points off him around there more than likely. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As good as he is, he won’t get a max IMO. Bewely and Kurtz will take points off him around there more than likely. 

Don't forget Lidsey he's on great form at Belle Vue