British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keepturningleft

20mph

Just travelled thru' to Prestatyn to take the woofits to the beach at Barkby. It goes from 40mph to 20mph on the same wide road. Ready made for the transit van and 'Heddy Lou' to make money off the tourists with their speed camera's!

Vehicles behind me weren't too chuffed when I obeyed the new rules on debut day! Looks like next car I get will have to have a cruise control that works at 20mph. 

The beach is next to where the long track was where Norman Hunter got twatted. A 20mph limit would have altered Speedway history 50 odd years ago. Now the track is part of Pontlditz Holiday Park and refugee camp. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that introducing a 20mph speed restriction in all built up areas is pure nonsense but that's just my personal opinion.

• Like 4

On 9/17/2023 at 8:44 AM, keepturningleft said:

Will the 20mph speed limit in Cardiff apply to the bikes in the Principality?

Well, it will cut down on injuries...

Will cyclist have to obey this or are they exempt as is the case When it comes to insurance as other road users are normally required have, number plates for identification purposes, ignoring traffic lights, riding on the pavement, deliberately pulling out in front of motor vehicles etc. riding too fast on public footpaths in the countryside and expecting everyone to get out of their way and generally being some of the most inconsiderate road users.

• Like 1

idiots will speed whatever the speed limit, fitting false plates or even removing them altogether. All this penalises is the law abiding drivers.

Just imagine the cost to tax payers in having all the signs/roads altered and then re-altered when they find it doesn't work!

I went for a ride on my motorcycle through the Cotswolds on Friday, went through numerous 20mph limits and not once did I see anyone driving at that speed, everyone was still doing 30mph.

Blanket 20mph limits are a ridiculous idea but if it was targeted outside schools and village centres I feel it would be a good idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Just imagine the cost to tax payers in having all the signs/roads altered and then re-altered when they find it doesn't work!

You don't think that they care about the taxpayers, do you?

• Like 1