British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

4 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Atleast Kings Lynn are pushing abit more. Think the stars need a big season to keep the fans happy. They've been poor for too long now.

Yeah I agree 100%, being a Stars fan it’s definitely been tough since topping the league in 2018

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

From a good source too, not just a guess 

Can you name the source?

44 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I’ve heard Harris, Tarasenko, Basso and Lawson have all already signed for Lynn…

Kind of right. There's more rider's too but it's standard procedure, 'terms agreed' but they're all open to other options if a better deal can be agreed elsewhere. 

Naming names is of no point to anyone just yet. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Kind of right. There's more rider's too but it's standard procedure, 'terms agreed' but they're all open to other options if a better deal can be agreed elsewhere. 

Naming names is of no point to anyone just yet. 

Iversen is coming back also  not as a heat leader in a no 2 or 4 role from what I’ve heard . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I’ve heard Harris, Tarasenko, Basso and Lawson have all already signed for Lynn…

Lawson surprises me. We wanted to keep him for 23 but from his own words KL is too far out in the sticks for him and that's why he signed with Leicester.

IF the above rumours are true then I make the averages:

Tarasenko 6.94
Iversen 6.64
Lawson 6.41
Harris 6.37
Basso 6.25

Leaves 6.39 if team average is 39:00 again.

Solid throughout but would still prefer to see someone like Wojdylo at reserve and the extra points used for a No 1.

But is there one available that we can afford and wants to come?

If not, then there is certainly strength in depth in this team. Basso at reserve on 6.25 :o

Charles Wright or Steve Worrall if they were available / would come.

12 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Not sure Tarasenko is a great signing. Not much improvement on his average.

Same with Harris and Lawson.

Lynn should have signed Wojdylo.

Tarasenko is better than Laguta. Well certainly around the UK tracks he is. 

Tarasenko seems a bit overrated on here for me. He’s ok and was obviously a good signing on his assessed 5.00, but now? Not so sure. His current average looks about right to me, little increase if any in my opinion. The trick as always, is to get the next Tarasenko over on a 5.00. The other lad Peterborough had over would be a much better signing as he’s still on his assessed average. Always a risk on the reliability side of things though. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

I can't say all rumours are right or wrong,as most are rumour and what is a reliable source....But Chris Harris certainly hasn't agreed to ride for Kings Lynn next season and that bit is true. He may well be a Lynn rider in weeks ro come,but I can assure you as of today NO talks have even taken place,on the others named,i would think Basso will be a Lynn rider,but nothing on the others. I do believe though the clubs know what the Team Average next season is going to be, but I hope Kings Lynn are much stronger than last obviously and I'm sure they will be.

10 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

I can't say all rumours are right or wrong,as most are rumour and what is a reliable source....But Chris Harris certainly hasn't agreed to ride for Kings Lynn next season and that bit is true. He may well be a Lynn rider in weeks ro come,but I can assure you as of today NO talks have even taken place,on the others named,i would think Basso will be a Lynn rider,but nothing on the others. I do believe though the clubs know what the Team Average next season is going to be, but I hope Kings Lynn are much stronger than last obviously and I'm sure they will be.

I don’t :D 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don’t :D 

If you keep Jason and Emil, you certainly won't be. Not much scope for improvement with more than 1/2 your team building average gone from 2 riders and if you keep Danny as well 2/3s gone. Unless Chris pulls out a miracle and finds a young continent rider who can add 2 or 3 to an assessed 5.0, but I thought he didn't know any...?

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Tarasenko is better than Laguta. Well certainly around the UK tracks he is. 

No chance, Laguta is a miles better rider.

Tarasenko has quickly become overrated.