British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Typical kings Lynn then?

To a tight budget.

Wojdylo can't be in then because the punters won't put up with Buster putting out a KL side 1.35 under the limit especially when he's not paying out for Panthers riders in 24.

Musielak 8.69

MPT 5.13

NKI 6.64

Basso 6.25

Tarasenko 6.94

Jenkins or Rowe (RS)

Leaves 6.35 so it has to be Wright, Brennan or Schlein for the final place imo.

37 minutes ago, TTT said:

Wojdylo can't be in then because the punters won't put up with Buster putting out a KL side 1.35 under the limit especially when he's not paying out for Panthers riders in 24.

Musielak 8.69

MPT 5.13

NKI 6.64

Basso 6.25

Tarasenko 6.94

Jenkins or Rowe (RS)

Leaves 6.35 so it has to be Wright, Brennan or Schlein for the final place imo.

Uninspiring. Really not sure on Tarasenko on an average just under 7. When he first came over on a 5, sure, but not on 7 for me. Find another on a 5.00 assessed who has the potential to up that average like Tarasenko has. Doesn’t always work of course. Rew came on an assessed 5 and ended up dropping it so it’s always a gamble. But personally I’d much rather roll the dice and take the chance on a potential average jumper, than signing riders whose averages look bang on the money. 

Edit: Mind you, MPT at reserve should fill his boots. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Simon lambert has announced he has been told he isn’t in team for 24

That’s a shame. Probably rode himself out of a team place in all probability! Average just under 5 now looks a bit awkward. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Uninspiring. Really not sure on Tarasenko on an average just under 7. When he first came over on a 5, sure, but not on 7 for me. Find another on a 5.00 assessed who has the potential to up that average like Tarasenko has. Doesn’t always work of course. Rew came on an assessed 5 and ended up dropping it so it’s always a gamble. But personally I’d much rather roll the dice and take the chance on a potential average jumper, than signing riders whose averages look bang on the money. 

Fully agree, Tarasenko is a risky signing as second HL imo because his average is mostly based around his Showground, Signing him as a No.3 / No.4 is fine but as a No.5 is a huge gamble.

These numbers don't lie.

image.png.b8a401211fdaa66aa4de86e7cbb1dfa8.png

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

To a tight budget.

Well if Tomalins claim is correct Buster made at least £100k profit at Boro last year so you would think there's a little wiggle room.......

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well if Tomalins claim is correct Buster made at least £100k profit at Boro last year so you would think there's a little wiggle room.......

'If Tomalin's claim is correct'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Fully agree, Tarasenko is a risky signing as second HL imo because his average is mostly based around his Showground, Signing him as a No.3 / No.4 is fine but as a No.5 is a huge gamble.

These numbers don't lie.

image.png.b8a401211fdaa66aa4de86e7cbb1dfa8.png

I think Tarasenko is a pretty safe bet, most tracks he saw for the first time last year. He saw Kings Lynn once and was unbeaten until he crashed in a first turn incident in heat 13. He spent a large part of his time figuring out what are the best engines for english tracks and experimenting so I'd say there is probably more to come from him. He's ultra professional, brave, and very switched on. If he goes to Lynn, I'd expect him to be pushing for the #1 race jacket by the mid year.

• Like 4

It's funny how many people on here underestimate just how good Vadim Tarasenko is just because they've seen him once on a British track he's never raced on before :rofl: He's one of the world's best and it's an honour to have him racing on our shores that's for sure. An average just under 7 is daylight robbery for whichever team gets him imo.

Also is Patryk Wojdylo a realistic rider to return? I hope so, he looks like a brilliant rider

Edited by Diamonds85

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If it's true, maybe he should of backed his some of his pre season words, and bought it then :D

Vad will be a great back up to a No1 at the AFA. Once dialled in he could average 8.5 -9 around there. The first thing is to win your home meetings. If he can up his away average by a point or so as well, then all good.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

It's funny how many people on here underestimate just how good Vadim Tarasenko is just because they've seen him once on a British track he's never raced on before :rofl: He's one of the world's best and it's an honour to have him racing on our shores that's for sure. An average just under 7 is daylight robbery for whichever team gets him imo.

Also is Patryk Wojdylo a realistic rider to return? I hope so, he looks like a brilliant rider

He's a middle order Ekstraliga rider. If it's an honour to have him here then it says more about British speedway than anything else, he's about the same level as someone like Buczkowski was.

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

One of the worlds best?? LOL give over. I wouldn’t touch him on his current average either. 

1 minute ago, RogerM22 said:

He's a middle order Ekstraliga rider. If it's an honour to have him here then it says more about British speedway than anything else, he's about the same level as someone like Buczkowski was.

Buszkowski would be a welcome addition to British speedway as well though? Much better than some of the 'heatleaders' we already have over here... no offence to them. We need to be realistic, not all the big GP riders are gonna come here, so riders like Vadim and Krzysztof are ideal.

Middle order Ekstraliga is pretty good for this country... There's a lot of good names that he finished higher in the averages for in Poland.