British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

One of the worlds best?? LOL give over. I wouldn’t touch him on his current average either. 

You don't average 1.692 in the Ekstraliga by not being one of the world's best... He finished higher than riders such as Bartosz Smektala, Jaimon Lidsey, Vaclav Milik, Kacper Woryna, Chris Holder, Pawel Przedpelski. Not bad. Sitting JUST behind Andzejs Lebedevs and Piotr Pawlicki...

Edited by Diamonds85

I think there could be a bit of improvement in Tarasenko and Wojdylo assuming they both sign and get on well with the AFA.

If the MPT rumour is true then he would appear to be the best version of Plan B that they could come up with once Bomber backed out. That would have been a pretty good side but IF its MPT instead to go with the other rumoured five plus Basso then it looks one good signing short. 

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Wojdylo can't be in then because the punters won't put up with Buster putting out a KL side 1.35 under the limit especially when he's not paying out for Panthers riders in 24.

Musielak 8.69

MPT 5.13

NKI 6.64

Basso 6.25

Tarasenko 6.94

Jenkins or Rowe (RS)

Leaves 6.35 so it has to be Wright, Brennan or Schlein for the final place imo.

If that ends up being the top 5 . Wright is the rider they have to sign, out of those 3.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If that ends up being the top 5 . Wright is the rider they have to sign, out of those 3.

As a Diamonds fan it pains me to agree... But I do.

1. Tobias Musielak

2. Charles Wright

3. Niels Kristian Iversen

4. Benjamin Basso

5. Vadim Tarasenko

6. Michael Palm Toft

7. RS

Good looking team imo. Not title contenders, but good nonetheless

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it will be Wright tbh.

Can see Brennan at either Ipswich (Was the rumour) or Birmingham who he's made a guest appearance for many times in the Championship.

21 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As a Diamonds fan it pains me to agree... But I do.

1. Tobias Musielak

2. Charles Wright

3. Niels Kristian Iversen

4. Benjamin Basso

5. Vadim Tarasenko

6. Michael Palm Toft

7. RS

Good looking team imo. Not title contenders, but good nonetheless

Agree. It's not to bad.  I'd rather Wojdylo over Toft tbh , but Tofty should be able to put something on his 5.13, if he is, and can stay fit. We desperately needed a re fresh after recent years, and I think a play off place is a must this time around. After the last few seasons, It's important to keep fans happy. Starting by winning your home meetings.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

I think it’s a team that will be strong at home once seasons kicked in. I think Basso will kick on this year and end up riding at no5 

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Wojdylo can't be in then because the punters won't put up with Buster putting out a KL side 1.35 under the limit especially when he's not paying out for Panthers riders in 24.

Musielak 8.69

MPT 5.13

NKI 6.64

Basso 6.25

Tarasenko 6.94

Jenkins or Rowe (RS)

Leaves 6.35 so it has to be Wright, Brennan or Schlein for the final place imo.

It wouldn't surprise me to see both MPT and Paddy in there. Given Buster brought him over for a spell last season, and MPT can't be dear. Money is an object at Lynn,, with Buster at the helm.

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see both MPT and Paddy in there. Given Buster brought him over for a spell last season, and MPT can't be dear. Money is an object at Lynn,, with Buster at the helm.

I wouldn't be happy if that was the case, No reason to go 1.35 under the limit especially now that Buster has extra funds to use on one club instead of two.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

I wouldn't be happy if that was the case, No reason to go 1.35 under the limit especially now that Buster has extra funds to use on one club instead of two.

Or might just be that other options on a six and a bit average have gone elsewhere for more per point. Buster has always worked to a budget, he doesn't have a sponsor with deep pockets like three or four other teams in the league. That's just the reality and consequently it makes being competitive very difficult. I expect MPT is the best of what's left for the last spot if he has signed, regardless of the limit. Just the way it is.

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Simon lambert has announced he has been told he isn’t in team for 24

Appalling decision in my opinion. Simon is in the form of his life and always gives 100% for the team. He has been part of the Stars set up on and off for many years and is at least one rider who looks like he wants to ride for the team. I would have thought his contributions at the end of this season would have had him nailed on as a dead cert for a team place in 2024, but in typical Kings Lynn fashion, success is rewarded by being dropped and no doubt we will see the same old failures being rewarded with a team place?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasta la vista said:

Wright definitely won't be at KL

Unfortunately that is correct :neutral:

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Appalling decision in my opinion. Simon is in the form of his life and always gives 100% for the team. He has been part of the Stars set up on and off for many years and is at least one rider who looks like he wants to ride for the team. I would have thought his contributions at the end of this season would have had him nailed on as a dead cert for a team place in 2024, but in typical Kings Lynn fashion, success is rewarded by being dropped and no doubt we will see the same old failures being rewarded with a team place?

I don't disagree but the trouble is I'm not sure his average has an awful lot of value in it. His effort and commitment last season was without question but is he realistically going to keep that level of scoring up? We'll have to see who else is named instead, if for example it's Wojdylo & MPT you are looking at a Polish rider who showed a lot of potential last year and a Scunny team mate who average a point more than Simon despite a nasty injury. 

• Like 2

Has Robert Lambert ruled himself out of full time return? Not sure if he is still on his low average or got a new one at end of season..