British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

2 hours ago, Speedball said:

And it’s the “one other” that will make or break this team in my opinion.

A rider like Thomson would be an amazing coup on 5.53. MPT after two injury affected seasons, not so much so unfortunately.

Edit: Well the announcement has put that to bed. Nice to dream for a few days.

I think a 100% fit MPT should put something on his 5.13(if he is fit). Having said that we have over a point to play with. Agree with Thomson, but considering the trouble we was in at the back end of last season, i'll take that team, with room for a change maybe, at some time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect we are in the same position as the last couple of seasons....very difficult to put us above four others on paper, BUT if the stars align and we have far more luck with injuries and availability then fourth could happen. Difference this season is that we start with a proper number one. 

First priority has to be to win far more home meetings and take it from there. 

Either that or the reverse for others. Injuries to crucial riders for the more fancied teams or team’s season goes down the pan due to failed blood tests! All sorts of things can happen in this sport, nothing is certain. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Either that or the reverse for others. Injuries to crucial riders for the more fancied teams or team’s season goes down the pan due to failed blood tests! All sorts of things can happen in this sport, nothing is certain. 

Absolutely. Over the last couple of seasons Lynn's turnover of riders has been far too high, either through injury or poor form. Need to have a settled side and build up some momentum, and hope that others underachieve. 

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely. Over the last couple of seasons Lynn's turnover of riders has been far too high, either through injury or poor form. Need to have a settled side and build up some momentum, and hope that others underachieve. 

Look through all the prediction threads before the start of every season and you’ll note that the vast majority of us haven’t got a clue :D some of my predictions in particular are horrendous! 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Winning home matches is the key to start with and this should be a side that’s very competitive at home, especially if Wojdylo takes a liking to the track. 

We know Musielak loves the track and Basso always done well on previous visits. Tarasenko won 3 out of his 4 races before a fall in heat 13 slowed him down. 

Only problem is they won’t be riding against teams as weak as we were :D

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think a 100% fit MPT should put something on his 5.13(if he is fit). Having said that we have over a point to play with. Agree with Thomson, but considering the trouble we was in at the back end of last season, i'll take that team, with room for a change maybe, at some time.  

Yes mate, I do agree he should increase his average. He’s had some horrendous luck and I was probably harsh on him earlier. 

I trust Rob’s judgement so if that’s what he thinks is the best option, it’s good enough for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Look through all the prediction threads before the start of every season and you’ll note that the vast majority of us haven’t got a clue :D some of my predictions in particular are horrendous! 

Absolutely, in the last half a dozen seasons Swindon, Lynn and Dad's Army P'boro have all finished top of the pile having been predicted to finish bottom. In such a small league if things go your way you can have a very good season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rickyag said:

No, we will not ever visit Kings Lynn again, obvious the AEPG gold coins have financed TM deal. 

You may not speak for all Panthers fans though

I think the team building start for the Stars is decent.  NKI has all the experience you want & Musielak is a #1.   Basso should sky rocket and MPT is solid but coming off two poor seasons.

Think KL needs a good second heat leader to keep pressure off the Danes   Not sure Tarasenko fits that if he is pencilled in as next signing.  Two 6.5ish riders completing the line up hangs Musielak out to dry in 13 & 15.

Unlikely as it maybe what's Robert Lamberts average. 

Edited by Col

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I think the team building start for the Stars is decent.  NKI has all the experience you want & Musielak is a #1.   Basso should sky rocket and MPT is solid but coming off two poor seasons.

Think KL needs a good second heat leader to keep pressure off the Danes   Not sure Tarasenko fits that if he is pencilled in as next signing.  Two 6.5ish riders completing the line up hangs Musielak out to dry in 13 & 15.

Lambert is still on his 7.81.Plus he would get 2.5% reduction on that I assume.

Lambert 7.61 ... start dreaming Stars Fans! 

3 hours ago, Col said:

Tarasenko averaged over 8 at  home for PB last season. Once dialled in I think he will be good backup at the AFA for Tobi. Away from home won’t  be as easy, but you must build a team that is strong at home ,if you don’t want that wooden spoon again, and want to keep the fans turning up week after week. We will be around 1.3 under the limit, which might allow Robert to slot in later in the season.. I’ll admit the last bit is just wishful thinking on my part. If we can get top 4 though, you never know…

Edited by Bald Bloke

Tarasenko and wojdylo signed 

you will win plenty of home matches. For sure