British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

On 1/12/2024 at 7:39 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

NKI will likely go down the same route of decline as Hans did so not as unlikely as you may think right now

To be fair, wont every rider if they ride long enough. I admit in Greg's case it might of been 55 though :) I expect NKI to keep, or get close to his 6.64 average next season myself. Would i have him again in 2025, that would be no....What we can't do is drop a non performing rider, or replace an injured rider for someone no better, when we have points to spare, if we really are going for a play off place.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 1/14/2024 at 9:40 AM, therefused said:

Agreed, would definitely have Iversen at two 

Wouldn't Iversen be best deployed in a position that gives him more of his rides later in a match, when the track is more likely to have gone slick inside and can get his back wheel onto the dirt? But problem with that, could be that KL has several riders with similar needs!

I'd say the riding order almost picks itself....MPT/Wojdylo at 2, Tarasenko at 5 and Basso/Iversen either way round at 3&4.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd say the riding order almost picks itself....MPT/Wojdylo at 2, Tarasenko at 5 and Basso/Iversen either way round at 3&4.

Spot on.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:40 AM, Bagpuss said:

That’s definitely the strongest order!! If they put Iversen at 2 then we’ll look extremely strong in heats 1, 6, 8 & 10 but we’ll look pretty weak in heats 3, 5, 9, 12 & 14…. whereas having Iversen at 3 or 4 with Basso and MPT/Wojdylo at 2 it makes the team evenly strong throughout all heats! 

• Haha 1

Sad to read this morning on Facebook that ex Kings Lynn co promotor Brian Griffen has sadly passed away - some will say who I guess but Brian and Nigel Waggstaff gave the club two great seasons 1999and 2000 when the club should have won the league title but was pipped by Eastbourne on the last meeting of the season .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Sad to read this morning on Facebook that ex Kings Lynn co promotor Brian Griffen has sadly passed away - some will say who I guess but Brian and Nigel Waggstaff gave the club two great seasons 1999and 2000 when the club should have won the league title but was pipped by Eastbourne on the last meeting of the season .

That is sad to hear. Think he was the one who came up with the Silver Machine theme and his financial backing enabled signings like Rickardsson, Crump, Adams and Pedersen to happen 1999-2001. RIP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

That is sad to hear. Think he was the one who came up with the Silver Machine theme and his financial backing enabled signings like Rickardsson, Crump, Adams and Pedersen to happen 1999-2001. RIP.

Can't like it, so RIP to Brian. Agree, we had some top riders around that time, and came very close. :t:

• Like 1

He was a top bloke. I loved chatting to him at meetings - he always had time to speak. I have been to a couple of his photography exhibitions too in London, and he was a very talented photographer, and we did keep in contact on social media. Who can forget his planning and presentation of the opening night for the when he & Waggy took over.......

RIP Brian

Attached is one of his photos that he was commissioned to take recording the rebuilding of St Pancras station by LCR ( London & Continental Railways)

St. Pancras Worker.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:56 AM, Haza said:

That's sad news. Brian and Waggy put together a World class team whilst in charge, and Brian was instumental behind that. My sincere condolences to his family at this time. Brian was a really nice guy.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:21 PM, Bagpuss said:

Yep Samsung mobile.

I have a Samsung mobile,and for some reason I now have my likes back:)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

2001 at Eastbourne was their nadir. 

On the flip side Eastbourne's had their greatest night in 2000 for the title win with an enormous crowd.

At least KL still have a team to support though.... and think Crump was the fastest rider I ever saw there in his prime, just :( for us Eastie fans now.

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

I have a Samsung mobile,and for some reason I now have my likes back:)

It seems I do too :D

• Like 1

However, I'm still unable to see embedded tweets :unsure: