British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

Definitely pleased to have Klindt back, but definitely still a rider short of a top 4 team. 

I was doubting Niels, but after his performance last week at Oxford, think he will do a decent job for us - leaves MPT / Patryk  who I'm not convinced with.....one would be ok, but not both....

• Like 4

Definitely have to make another change if we are serious about making the playoffs, but who to bring in.

From last nights gp Huckenbeck certainly has improved since we last saw him at Kings Lynn and would definitely have him back also Lebedevs looked useful and would also be a good backup for Toby. 
Can’t think of anyone else who could do the job that we need

On 4/24/2024 at 5:58 PM, rearingtogo said:

Bad move in my opinion bringing Klindt back in. Sorry but he is another Kasperzak all or nothing regarding points scoring.

With KK in the team, would at least get some home wins!

8 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Definitely have to make another change if we are serious about making the playoffs, but who to bring in.

From last nights gp Huckenbeck certainly has improved since we last saw him at Kings Lynn and would definitely have him back also Lebedevs looked useful and would also be a good backup for Toby. 
Can’t think of anyone else who could do the job that we need

Any of the new GP boys (Lebdevs, Huckenbeck, Kubera, Kvech and Wozniak) fit I would imagine. However, Lebdevs and Huckenbeck are probably the most realistic.

other potential options could be Anders Thomsen, Oliver Berntzon, Rasmus Jensen, Jacob Thorssell…

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Any of the new GP boys (Lebdevs, Huckenbeck, Kubera, Kvech and Wozniak) fit I would imagine. However, Lebdevs and Huckenbeck are probably the most realistic.

other potential options could be Anders Thomsen, Oliver Berntzon, Rasmus Jensen, Jacob Thorssell…

Chapman won't put is hand pocket for those ? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've just listened to Nicolai Klindt on the British Speedway podcast and I must say I've never heard such a load of crap he was spouting about being dropped from Oxford because it was too cold! He was basically saying that he couldn't get going this season because the temperatures have effected his machinery and that now that it's warming up watch him go! Now Nicolai is a rider with some 20 years of senior Speedway experience initially in "tropical" Denmark and to use this as an excuse is scraping the barrel, yes weather and temps do effect machine performance but to use this as an excuse says more about him than the weather... what does this say to anybody that is thinking of signing him for their team next year? Don't bother until May? He also said that Steve Worrall says he suffers from the same... erm, condition? If I was Worrall I'd be distancing myself from those comments

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iainb said:

I've just listened to Nicolai Klindt on the British Speedway podcast and I must say I've never heard such a load of crap he was spouting about being dropped from Oxford because it was too cold! He was basically saying that he couldn't get going this season because the temperatures have effected his machinery and that now that it's warming up watch him go! Now Nicolai is a rider with some 20 years of senior Speedway experience initially in "tropical" Denmark and to use this as an excuse is scraping the barrel, yes weather and temps do effect machine performance but to use this as an excuse says more about him than the weather... what does this say to anybody that is thinking of signing him for their team next year? Don't bother until May? He also said that Steve Worrall says he suffers from the same... erm, condition? If I was Worrall I'd be distancing myself from those comments

We will see tonight. Its lovely sunshine, and 19 deg here at the moment:)

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I mean each to their own.....I actually found it quite interesting and I'm pretty sure he's not the first rider I've heard talk about cold conditions being a challenge. Generally speaking he's a great podcast guest as he is very articulate and knowledgeable about the sport.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I mean each to their own.....I actually found it quite interesting and I'm pretty sure he's not the first rider I've heard talk about cold conditions being a challenge. Generally speaking he's a great podcast guest as he is very articulate and knowledgeable about the sport.

I agree about the rest of it was interesting and I remember listening to Mudguard talking about the atmosphere in the Millennium Stadium when he rode there but come on the cold conditions don't just effect Nicolai and he should have it sussed out now after 20 years in the game

Tobi has been confirmed to have suffered a broken collarbone with surgery due on Monday. 

Following the operation his timescale of absence should become clearer, however, can assume at least 4-6 weeks. 

But who knows if his Polish club will allow him to come back given he crashed in the UK. 

Desperately need 2 replacements in place for the meeting against Leicester on Thursday, or else the season is over by the 9th May. 

Cannot run like this for the rest of the season or the result against Birmingham will be the first and only win of the season. 

1. R/R or lacklustre guests 

2. NKI

3. MPT

4. BB

5. NK

6. PW 

7. AR

The crowd again on Thursday was good (compared to last season), but the fans shouldn’t and won’t put up with seeing below par teams cobbled together week in week out. 

this is how I see us fairing against Leicester with no replacements best case scenario:

44:46

1. R/R - 

2. NKI - 8 (5)

3. MPT - 3 (4)

4. BB - 12 (6)

5. NK - 9 (6)

6. PW - 8 (5)

7. AR - 4 (4)

Total - 44

I seem to recall that I read somewhere there is a Russian waiting by his telephone for a call!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Tobi has been confirmed to have suffered a broken collarbone with surgery due on Monday. 

Following the operation his timescale of absence should become clearer, however, can assume at least 4-6 weeks. 

But who knows if his Polish club will allow him to come back given he crashed in the UK. 

Desperately need 2 replacements in place for the meeting against Leicester on Thursday, or else the season is over by the 9th May. 

Cannot run like this for the rest of the season or the result against Birmingham will be the first and only win of the season. 

1. R/R or lacklustre guests 

2. NKI

3. MPT

4. BB

5. NK

6. PW 

7. AR

The crowd again on Thursday was good (compared to last season), but the fans shouldn’t and won’t put up with seeing below par teams cobbled together week in week out. 

this is how I see us fairing against Leicester with no replacements best case scenario:

44:46

1. R/R - 

2. NKI - 8 (5)

3. MPT - 3 (4)

4. BB - 12 (6)

5. NK - 9 (6)

6. PW - 8 (5)

7. AR - 4 (4)

Total - 44

4 weeks should be plenty, if indeed he will be allowed to return. I think Lewi rode a few seasons back after 2-3 weeks after having it plated. It depends on their pain threshold i guess. I'd take 2 off of Ben's score myself, we cant expect him to hold the team together imho. So 42 for me. Hope i'm wrong;) We are 2.66 under the limit as it is. If Toby don't come back we might as well give up, if Buster don't dig very deep....

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Didn't know Simon Lambert was Russian !!

Don't :blink:

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

4 weeks should be plenty, if indeed he will be allowed to return. I think Lewi rode a few seasons back after 2-3 weeks after having it plated. It depends on their pain threshold i guess. I'd take 2 off of Ben's score myself, for 42. Hope i'm wrong;)

I heard that he already had the collarbone in question plated and as part of the crash dislodged it. Don’t know if that complicates the surgery/recovery time…

• Like 1