British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Top one. 4.16 left I think after reductions for King and Ellis. 

Think we’d miss King’s Foxhall scoring if he wasn’t in personally. King and Ellis in the engine room at 3 and 4 has heat advantages written all over it around Foxhall. With Emil and Doyle taking care of things at 1 and 5, it’s a very good side. In the mix for sure. 

Still prefer the alternative. Wojdylo, Ellis and Rew, at reserve, could easily increase their current averages.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

4.16 left. Jenkins fits with British reduction..

Would 100% take Jenkins

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Top one. 4.16 left I think after reductions for King and Ellis. 

Think we’d miss King’s Foxhall scoring if he wasn’t in personally. King and Ellis in the engine room at 3 and 4 has heat advantages written all over it around Foxhall. With Emil and Doyle taking care of things at 1 and 5, it’s a very good side. In the mix for sure. 

The last month Danny yes but how many 5-1s was he on the wrong end of last season at home? Can't blame his partners hes done enough laps round there not to be beaten by some mediocre riders

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Looks like Hume (3.87) then with the usual GB reductions

Foxhall will suit Ellis as long as he is trapping well.

Surely they can’t go with Hume again? Threw away so many vital points.

if Jenkins is an option that fits, he’s a must

14 minutes ago, blue witch said:

The last month Danny yes but how many 5-1s was he on the wrong end of last season at home? Can't blame his partners hes done enough laps round there not to be beaten by some mediocre riders

Probably no more or no less than every other third heatleader. He’s a 7/7.5 point rider, same as Douglas, Steve Worrall, Becker, Iversen, Klindt, etc etc. King will again be on the wrong end of a few 1-5’s, and so will all those others in the same average bracket. If they didn’t, they’d be 9 point riders instead of 7 point riders, which they ain’t! Not sure what some people are expecting. King gets unfair criticism in my opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Probably no more or no less than every other third heatleader. He’s a 7/7.5 point rider, same as Douglas, Steve Worrall, Becker, Iversen, Klindt, etc etc. King will again be on the wrong end of a few 1-5’s, and so will all those others in the same average bracket. If they didn’t, they’d be 9 point riders instead of 7 point riders, which they ain’t! Not sure what some people are expecting. King gets unfair criticism in my opinion. 

Away from home I agree the criticism is unfair but when you've been at the same club for the last how many years and has been so good at home in that time he's got to take some criticism when he's not performing. 

Just now, blue witch said:

Away from home I agree the criticism is unfair but when you've been at the same club for the last how many years and has been so good at home in that time he's got to take some criticism when he's not performing. 

Then you’re expecting too much. Doesn’t matter how many years he’s been here, he’ll still get 5-oned occasionally because that’s the calibre of rider he is. He’s inconsistent and always has been, just like the majority of riders. He’ll have some very good meetings, and some stinkers. Cast your mind back 12 months, there were more than one on here that wanted King replaced by Ellis as they were on very similar averages,  check the old 2023 thread. King this year actually upped his average by a point, whilst Ellis dropped nearly a point off his! Good job the promotion didn’t listen. 

Delighted we’ve got Ellis this time around, because of that poor year he’s now a very shrewd signing. I do think riders can stay at one club too long and I wouldn’t have been against King having a fresh start elsewhere. I’ve definitely noticed a few growing groans on the terraces whenever King gets passed, that other riders don’t seem to get when it happens to them which is a shame considering the great service he’s given us. Think we’ve got to the point where he’d probably be appreciated more elsewhere than he is here. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Danny always has a bad patch during the season for whatever reason but usually when needed at the end of the season he is back to his best , it was the same when he rode for Poole. Could be a ploy to keep his average down. He always gets slated during the season but always comes back fighting.

For me it's not about race results at all.  I find Danny very difficult to support - considering how long he's been around he should be able to team ride, especially as captain.  Time for someone more exciting/unpredictable.

23 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

For me it's not about race results at all.  I find Danny very difficult to support - considering how long he's been around he should be able to team ride, especially as captain.  Time for someone more exciting/unpredictable.

Cant see that happening, he can team ride just more difficult at Premiership level. I am sure with Ellis in your team they can help each other and form a good partnership.

42 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Does anyone know how to team ride these days? I've seen Musielak & Woffinden losing 6-3 in a best pairs competition, but try & pass the leader, so they can lose 5-4 instead!

The most I expect from riders nowadays is to avoid knocking your partner off.

I will add Scott Nicholls can still team ride tbf

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Then you’re expecting too much. Doesn’t matter how many years he’s been here, he’ll still get 5-oned occasionally because that’s the calibre of rider he is. He’s inconsistent and always has been, just like the majority of riders. He’ll have some very good meetings, and some stinkers. Cast your mind back 12 months, there were more than one on here that wanted King replaced by Ellis as they were on very similar averages,  check the old 2023 thread. King this year actually upped his average by a point, whilst Ellis dropped nearly a point off his! Good job the promotion didn’t listen. 

Delighted we’ve got Ellis this time around, because of that poor year he’s now a very shrewd signing. I do think riders can stay at one club too long and I wouldn’t have been against King having a fresh start elsewhere. I’ve definitely noticed a few growing groans on the terraces whenever King gets passed, that other riders don’t seem to get when it happens to them which is a shame considering the great service he’s given us. Think we’ve got to the point where he’d probably be appreciated more elsewhere than he is here. 

One of the bizarre parts of being a Speedway fan, calling a rider a good signing because he had a poor season lol! Also dropping a rider because they did well (sadly).

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Time for someone more exciting/unpredictable.

We had Hume for that.... no thanks 

Oh so another rider in Ellis that WANTS to ride for Ipswich.... wonder of he doing it for his or the fans benefit? :wink:

39 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We had Hume for that.... no thanks 

Oh so another rider in Ellis that WANTS to ride for Ipswich.... wonder of he doing it for his or the fans benefit? :wink:

Not who I'd want either - in fact falling often wasn't really unpredictable!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Cant see that happening, he can team ride just more difficult at Premiership level. I am sure with Ellis in your team they can help each other and form a good partnership.

Really? Never has at Ipswich or at meetings I've seen on TV, in fact quite the opposite!  

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1