British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

The way Jenkins finished last season, I think could push 5.00 mark. He was flying and great to watch.

I’d be happy to see Jenkins a witch in 24, made solid progress last year, nice kid with a good attitude!

dunno if he’s still eligible for rising star or not has there been a list produced for the coming season yet that anyone has seen? I’ve not seen one on the website

p.s Jordan wouldn’t like riding for Ipswich with Emil and Doyle at all, it would just super duper convenience with him being from Norwich and nothing else

Edited by 89buttons
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

The way Jenkins finished last season, I think could push 5.00 mark. He was flying and great to watch.

Not a huge pool of riders to choose from on 4.16 or below. You’re looking at Ben Barker, Jenkins, Kyle Thomson or Hume. Anyone new worth bringing over will be assessed 5 pointers not 4.00 pointers. Trying to find an assessed 4.00 point rider with little to no experience in any top league is too risky, Jenkins would be a far better bet. 

Personally Barker would have been my first choice being totally honest, good team man and will chip in with decent points at either 2 or 6 but seems Birmingham bound. Jenkins definitely the choice after that for me. Jenkins and Thompson (fully expect Rew to jump out of the reserve berth quickly) are more than a match for the two lads at Sheffield IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

Those links haven’t worked for me properly for a while Badge. Whenever I used to copy the links and paste them here, they always turned out like yours, the full page with Pictures etc. now all they do is display in written text form. No idea what changed 

• Like 1

Danny is a good retention. I think our weak links were Hume and Riss last year and if we can keep Emil and get another new rider plus Dan Thompson we could be in for a great season! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbend said:

Still waiting for the excitement  to kick in.....

Exactly my thoughts....I knew King would be back........As Captain as well, will support the team obviously and King.....But Louis said the supporters will be excited.....well i have my doubts now ,Emil to be fair is enough to excite most if not all of us on his own(with Doyley even better), but if we name Hume as well, where is the excitement in that 7.

41 minutes ago, Badge said:

Would've preferred Wright but never mind, I go to watch Doyle!

Where is the excitement,,   well they ain't exactly gonna say next years team looks a bit boring, please come and support us 

Brilliant side and the balance looks right already.

The weak links of Riss and Hume replaced by a Heat Leader / Team GB member on a false average as well as a better reserve whether it's Flint, Jenkins or Barker.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Would've preferred Wright but never mind, I go to watch Doyle!

Should have gone for Ellis, Brennan & Wojdylo loads of improvement in those 3.

A lot will depend on which King we get the August/September version is fine the pre August version & I’m concerned. 

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Where is the excitement,,   well they ain't exactly gonna say next years team looks a bit boring, please come and support us 

Well they wouldn’t say next years team is boring because that wouldn’t be the truth. 

Absolutely staggered by some of the negativity here. Some of you are incredibly hard to please obviously! A team including Doyle and Emil Sayfutdinov is not exciting anymore? Deary me talk about being spoilt. 

4 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Should have gone for Ellis, Brennan & Wojdylo loads of improvement in those 3.

A lot will depend on which King we get the August/September version is fine the pre August version & I’m concerned. 

Completely disagree with this one. We nearly didn’t and arguably shouldn’t have made the play offs this year because we lost three? Meetings at home. I’m not convinced this Pole will get around Foxhall especially to start with, and we’d be even more vulnerable at Foxhall again at least to begin with. I’d also have concerns about how long he’d stick around for. Whatever the reasons were this year be it his Polish club, himself, a combination of both or as some suggested, a visa issue, bottom line is he disappeared after a couple of meetings. Let’s see if he sees the season out and how reliable he is.