British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

25 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Did Sheffield bottle the cup final? Oh yeah they did. And then pick n mix for the final. How is lambert this season? Oh sorry his isn’t part of your team, nor is Harris. And you have the most hated brothers in speedway in the holders. Jack bottled his third place in Grand Prix final when I was in Toruń. Facts. Have a good day ;)

Another loser hahahahahaha champions let it sink in 

• Haha 1

A signing that will go under the radar.

Jordan got better and better as the season went on for us last year, He's also a very good gater.

• Like 1

Whoever your loyalty is with it is just great to see Sayfutdinov racing in Britain again. Sheffield is the team to beat but Witches look pretty strong if Rew + Jenkins can maintain their development. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Sheffield still favourites in my eyes 

Your Opinion is valid my friend, but for me they don't start as Favourites, i think it's wide open this season, and i don't think Sheffield are as strong as they make out, i'm probably wrong, but i don't see them retaining their title. And i'm not saying Ipswich are Favourites at all, i just think it's wide open, and their are 2 or 3 sides that look stronger than Sheffield on Paper, but they dont race on paper i know??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

Thank you for this acknowledgment of us being champions in 2023 for the cup ☺️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

6 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Why is there a need to acknowledge that Ipswich won the cup and Sheffield won the league, its a matter of fact, check the records for last season

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Won't Jenkins start at 2,,although it says 6? 

If Jenkins is no longer eligible to be a rising star, then he'd be due a 25% reduction and signs on a 3.16 average.

That would mean a change to the RS eligibility, but I haven't seen anything announced about that?

34 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Who cares bout cup when you can win the league lol bottle jobs 

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Seen a lot of negativity towards Danyon Hume on the Ipswich & Redcar pages.

Now I've not seen much of his races so cant comment on the number of falls he's had, but looking simply at the stats.

Hume went from 4.09 to 3.87, but as he was stepping out of the RS position, that seems a decent season to me.

Then look at the Prem aves of Rowe (3.76), Dan T (3.70), Gilkes (3.67) & Bailey (3.57).

Now Hume has a lower Champ average than all these riders, so to have a higher (non-RS) ave than all these "rising stars" seems quite an achievement to me?

He also has a lower Champ average than the top "rising stars" Jenkins (4.21), Kemp (4.04) & Flint (4.00) but is not far below them in the Prem.

Think (some) people have been too harsh on him imo

Lovely lad, 100% commitment every race. Feel like at 26 Danyon has reached his level tho, which is a good middle order rider in the second tier and reserve in prem so for me the likes of Jenkins, flint etc would be more favourable moving forward given they’ve seemed to reached a similar levels/surpassed Danyon slightly when several years younger and more scope to continue progressing next year to even higher standard.

This year if Erik had been fully back to his best and Danyon hadn’t fallen off twice in the home leg of the final in scoring positions we’d have been champions - Ellis should be a big upgrade on the Erik we saw this year and Jenkins a rider with more potential upside to grow to higher level than Danyon through the season so we’ve significantly improved our weakest two team spots in a team that came within a whisker of winning the lot this year!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hooky said:

Who cares bout cup when you can win the league lol bottle jobs 

I would prefer to say Sheffield won the league rather than Ipswich bottled it as that implies the only way Sheffield could win was if Ipswich capitulated which in fairness they did but Sheffield still needed to ride well to overhaul that deficit, not sure Sheffield deserve to be known as champions of the league just purely because Ipswich Witches "botled it". On another note the teams so far announced look decent to me and looking forward to what should be a competitive season lets hope injuries are kept to a minimum and we see some cracking racing. 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good - he definitely deserved a recall for 2024!

• Like 4

Why do KL get a bye in the KO Cup for being sh1te whilst the Champions have to enter the competition at the Quarter-Final stage.

Should be the other way round.

Edited by TTT