British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

On 12/26/2023 at 2:05 PM, BluPanther said:

Let's hope he's sensible and rests up for a few weeks...

Doesn't look like it here

Anyone know why Doyle wasn't part of the 1st round of the Australian champs?  

20 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Anyone know why Doyle wasn't part of the 1st round of the Australian champs?  

Recuperat from an injury sustained in the GPs last season, so is sitting out the Aussie champs this year.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:35 PM, Najjer said:

Recuperat from an injury sustained in the GPs last season, so is sitting out the Aussie champs this year.

Might be sick of wasting thousands to get beat by lads on less equipment ,not worth the risk

Posted (edited)
On 12/26/2023 at 11:18 AM, Badge said:

Arghhh

https://twitter.com/englishmaninBX/status/1739594004604256716?t=gDQyC-_bM_i6Fbwoe8QJtw&s=19

Damn won't share 

Basically Adam has dislocated shoulder racing in Oz today.

Taller riders seem more susceptible to shoulder and neck injuries, and to then struggle if trying to carry on riding. Unless it's someone of exceptionally high ability, like Jason Doyle, if I were a promoter I'd pack my team with rubber ball types like Chris Harris

Edited by Big Al
Clarity

Keynan had a couple of crashes in the latest round,, scoring a whole 2 points taking his tally to 7.  Keynan is now 23 points behind the leader Rohan Tungate after 2 rounds 

i said before the 2023 season that Keynan Rew has a lot of ability but also has a tendancy to crash a lot 

24 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i said before the 2023 season that Keynan Rew has a lot of ability but also has a tendancy to crash a lot 

Well that certainly hasn’t been evidenced in his time at Ipswich so far, in fact he hasn’t looked remotely unstable. Slow out of the gate yes, but not erratic or error strewn.

On 1/9/2024 at 2:55 AM, stevehone said:

He will come good by the end of the year, sounds like 23

Guy behind us again,  brilliant news

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 5:23 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Well that certainly hasn’t been evidenced in his time at Ipswich so far, in fact he hasn’t looked remotely unstable. Slow out of the gate yes, but not erratic or error strewn.

glad he's better on the British tracks then, but when i've seen him abroad it's what i've noticed.

look at the updates for the Oz championship too

For those that might be interested there is an interview with Adam Ellis in the star this week a short summary is (edit actually its now last weeks WE 27th jan)

1/ He wasnt surprised to be ditched by Sheffield last season he felt things were going well on the continent but not in the UK for whatever reason. He even contemplated quitting the UK scene and focusing on the Polish league and other stuff.

2/ He suspects his GB call up for the WC was due to him riding in Poland -

3/ He is optimistic for the season ahead and is looking foward to riding for Pila and having Hans Nielsen as his TM. he is also keen to get going back at Ipswich - he also feels riding with Doyley and Emil will benefit him.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

For those that might be interested there is an interview with Adam Ellis in the star this week a short summary is (edit actually its now last weeks WE 27th jan)

1/ He wasnt surprised to be ditched by Sheffield last season he felt things were going well on the continent but not in the UK for whatever reason. He even contemplated quitting the UK scene and focusing on the Polish league and other stuff.

2/ He suspects his GB call up for the WC was due to him riding in Poland -

3/ He is optimistic for the season ahead and is looking foward to riding for Pila and having Hans Nielsen as his TM. he is also keen to get going back at Ipswich - he also feels riding with Doyley and Emil will benefit him.

Hans Nielsen?? Pffft!

"We've got super Ritchie Hawkins" :D

• Like 1