British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The idea that Tarasenko is a magic wand who cures all of Glasgow's weaknesses is fanciful. Even with him in the Glasgow side Poole would still wallop them at home and keep it close enough at Ashfield to win comfortably over two legs.

I like Glasgow a lot and they would be my preference to win the thing but I think Oxford going through would mean a much more competitive final. 

Totally agree there, even with Tarasenko getting an r/r outing, the reserves still have to take 10 rides between them, Poole's reserves are going better. Gotta fancy Pirates for a big home win & narrow away defeat.

50 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The idea that Tarasenko is a magic wand who cures all of Glasgow's weaknesses is fanciful. Even with him in the Glasgow side Poole would still wallop them at home and keep it close enough at Ashfield to win comfortably over two legs.

I like Glasgow a lot and they would be my preference to win the thing but I think Oxford going through would mean a much more competitive final. 

Glasgow reserves may be a bit suspect but the top four are top riders, the grain of comfort Poole have is that Brennan is usually poor at Poole and Basso hasnt always rode his best as an away rider, there is no doubt Tarasenko has improved the team massively.

58 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes Tarasenko is on a daft average, but Poole or Oxford could have signed him too!

If they could have afforded his wages! He won’t have come cheap. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

If they could have afforded his wages! He won’t have come cheap. 

When have Poole ever had a “cheap” Team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

When have Poole ever had a “cheap” Team.

In the modern era always within budget and always financially stable (except 2019!):cheers:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Always within budget and always financially stable (except 2019!):cheers:

Agree,but why question other Teams budgets would be my thoughts.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Glasgow reserves may be a bit suspect but the top four are top riders, the grain of comfort Poole have is that Brennan is usually poor at Poole and Basso hasnt always rode his best as an away rider, there is no doubt Tarasenko has improved the team massively.

That top four realistically all need to hit double figures at Poole to keep it close enough....not happening IMO.

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Always within budget and always financially stable (except 2019!):cheers:

Literally went into liquidation in 1984. Poole fans have such short memories.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

So, one change then? The same as Oxford and Glasgow! :rolleyes:

Poole's change was due to injury. Unavoidable.

Glasgow's change was due to a rider being told to go home. Unavoidable.

Oxford's change was an attempt to strengthen their team. Wholly avoidable.

Bad Oxford. Cheats! ;)

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I like Glasgow a lot. 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree there.

:o :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

So is this entire forum sadly

Would be a boring place without them 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

That top four realistically all need to hit double figures at Poole to keep it close enough....not happening IMO.

Tigers might not be at Poole.

23 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

The problem is it's always in dead rubber meetings when it happens. Maybe they did ask lots of riders but it's not a coincidence that when there's nothing at stake then R/R gets wheeled out. Smacks of not being bothered.

have a look at the bspl averages and tell me a suitable guest replacement for Craig Cook , from Berwick , Plymouth and Birmingham,

then come back and tell me of "smacks of not bothered"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Literally went into liquidation in 1984. Poole fans have such short memories.

I was quoting Matt Ford ( at yesterday's Brandon Stadium inquiry) under his tenure since 1999 and previously under Stewkesbury and Ansell from 1987.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I was quoting Matt Ford ( at yesterday's Brandon Stadium inquiry) under his tenure since 1999 and previously under Stewkesbury and Ansell from 1987.

Why? What's that got to do with this thread? You might want to edit your post then, as 'always' doesn't exactly mean 'since 1999' does it?