British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

22.09.2023 - Playoff SF, Scunny vs Poole

Looking at the table 1sr PIRATES raced 2 PTS 5..........2nd Scunthorpe raced 3 PTS 3

My calculation is PIRATES WIN the group with a home win over Edinburgh even if Scunthorpe win at Edinburgh.  That will put us on 7 and Scunthorpe on 6 WITHOUT the need to win at Edinburgh!

Hope Anders is back soon and not too badly hurt.

COME ON THE BOYZZZZZZZ

NID :t:

PIRATE PRIDE

Edited by lbw

I really didn’t expect that at all, I thought a Scunthorpe win by 6-8 tonight if they rode like they did at Poole! Heat one was the wrong decision and Mountain should have gone but then Allen’s engine going while on a 5-1 worked back in our favour.

Well done to the Pirates!  Hope Anders is ok, if his season is now done can we sign a replacement?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With due respect to Edinburgh, I think we will win up there and at home to them next Wednesday. Glasgow or Oxford? Oxford please so we can all go. No other reason. Glasgow too far to attend. Should be a classic battle between those two to get to the final.

Wednesdays weather forecast looking a bit iffy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's ok on met office, just has a shower at 4pm. Google has 90% chance of rain. But 5 days away so prob change 5/6 times before then! Better hope it's on, or do next Sat otherwise Edinburgh get the points apparently! 

Edited by lisa-colette

6 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I really didn’t expect that at all, I thought a Scunthorpe win by 6-8 tonight if they rode like they did at Poole! Heat one was the wrong decision and Mountain should have gone but then Allen’s engine going while on a 5-1 worked back in our favour.

Well done to the Pirates!  Hope Anders is ok, if his season is now done can we sign a replacement?

I expected it.................I seriously don't understand anyone that doesn't get behind their team! Then end up cheering for them when they win!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

No, would have to do r/r

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lbw said:

Looking at the table 1sr PIRATES raced 2 PTS 5..........2nd Scunthorpe raced 3 PTS 3

My calculation is PIRATES WIN the group with a home win over Edinburgh even if Scunthorpe win at Edinburgh.  That will put us on 7 and Scunthorpe on 6 WITHOUT the need to win at Edinburgh!

Hope Anders is back soon and not too badly hurt.

COME ON THE BOYZZZZZZZ

NID :t:

PIRATE PRIDE

You were right all along Neil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

No, would have to do r/r

Zach and the reserves to take r/r rides.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Then it should be moved to Friday or Sunday.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then it should be moved to Friday or Sunday.

At Edinburgh on Friday. 1st of Oct on Sun so too late. Has to be completed in Sept. Unless you mean this Sunday? 

Would help if Edinburgh just won tomorrow! 

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What is the nature of Anders injury.?

We don’t yet know. He was knocked off, hit the ground at speed, slid a long way then hit the fence awkwardly at speed. Didn’t get up and was placed in the ambulance. Danny Ford indicated to BSN it was his wrist.

• Thanks 1

Congrats to poole the better team won. I thought Joe Thompson was the real match winner for Poole, didn't see him scoring paid 10.

The track was on the slick side due to the rain around, times tended to be around a second slower than normal, probably didn't help Scunny.

Some strange descions from godfrey why was kemp not in heat 8 instead of Ablitt? Why didn't Palm toft go of 15m, surely a better option than Ablitt

was there tonight ,all incidents aside Poole were the better side and fully deserved there in at Scunthorpe ,will the Scottish weather interfere with the way the group will end up  ?? ,Well done Pirates from a Scunny  fan

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, eric i said:

Congrats to poole the better team won. I thought Joe Thompson was the real match winner for Poole, didn't see him scoring paid 10.

The track was on the slick side due to the rain around, times tended to be around a second slower than normal, probably didn't help Scunny.

Some strange descions from godfrey why was kemp not in heat 8 instead of Ablitt? Why didn't Palm toft go of 15m, surely a better option than Ablitt

Toft was disqualified for second tapes infringement. On the track walk Lambert said the track looked fantastic and that Godfrey had spent some money on new shale. Not sure why Kemp didn’t get heat 8 but he was poor tonight and a shadow of the rider he was at Poole last Wednesday.