British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

Just now, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I spent most of last Sunday on here saying if it was tested Lambert could rider,  all the no he can’t your wrong read the rules comments……all you need was to spot the loop hole which I found Sunday morning when making the case for Ipswich to use him. 

Well it does appear Sheffield have took the risk and received the reward. 

Think potentially Torun may have been more accepting for him to go to Sheffield as their play off meetings started after the Polish season ends, rather than Ipswich.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Fricke is pretty good at Ipswich too, tricky decision on which guest to use although Sheffield may have already got Fricke for their play offs but if Doyle is back Sheffield can't use Harris.

Disagree on fricke being good at Ipswich. He’s improved the past couple of years, had a big score last year and done ok this year but historically remember camo heeps passing him more than once in the same meeting

• Like 1

Poor from Belle Vue but you have to give Ipswich credit, solid throughout the team last night and appear to be peaking at the right time. 

There's always plenty of jokes about Harris riding for everyone and understandably so, but there's a reason why he's the go to guest for everyone. Especially at this time of year when conditions are often not great and you can see that some don't fancy it. There's going to be a huge hole in British speedway when he eventually retires. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Disagree on fricke being good at Ipswich. He’s improved the past couple of years, had a big score last year and done ok this year but historically remember camo heeps passing him more than once in the same meeting

Alot had misgivings about Harris!

Just thinking about the 2nd leg on Monday night... If Doyle doesn't make it, do we have to use Harris as he guested in the first leg or can we look to an alternative? Obviously he was brilliant last night, but by his own admission NSS is not his favourite track

Maybe we have Fricke lined up seeing as he not guesting for Sheffield after they pulled a fast one with Lambert

37 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Just thinking about the 2nd leg on Monday night... If Doyle doesn't make it, do we have to use Harris as he guested in the first leg or can we look to an alternative? Obviously he was brilliant last night, but by his own admission NSS is not his favourite track

I think the BSPL would rather it was GP rider 'in the interests of speedway' of course.  Doyle is still on the start list for the Czech Golden Helmet on Sunday, wonder if he's still planning to ride in that?

Edited by SPEEDY69

Its a case of seeing how Jason does on Sunday he can ride in it and still pull out on Monday 

I'd personally if allowed use Harris and give Jason more time to recover as i think the Witches should reach what they need to progress 

Emil should get 11, Harris 7, King/Riss/Rew should get 18 between them smith and Hume should chip in 3 or 4 points all worst case scenario stuff 

My recent score predictions have been pony but I had ES -12, JD - 9, KR - 5, ER - 1, DH - 1, JS - 0 and DK - 7, totalling 35 and an Aces win!

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Maybe we have Fricke lined up seeing as he not guesting for Sheffield after they pulled a fast one with Lambert

Fricke picked up an injury in Vojens apparently. 

Who's Lambert in for? Tai riding in Poland at weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

Fricke picked up an injury in Vojens apparently. 

Who's Lambert in for? Tai riding in Poland at weekend. 

Muesli

Lawson planned in for Tai

44 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Its a case of seeing how Jason does on Sunday he can ride in it and still pull out on Monday 

I'd personally if allowed use Harris and give Jason more time to recover as i think the Witches should reach what they need to progress 

Emil should get 11, Harris 7, King/Riss/Rew should get 18 between them smith and Hume should chip in 3 or 4 points all worst case scenario stuff 

I've almost got the same as you.

Emil 12 as I can't see him finishing outside of the top two in any race and he's bound to win a couple at least.

Hume 2 as he should beat Bailey and Smith in Ht 7 with the way he's gating

King 8+ Riding out of his skin and he's got the fire in his belly at the moment.

Riss 2 Always pips some 3rd places in Heats

Harris 7+ Bomber is made for play-off Speedway

Rew 7-9 Depending on the amount of rides, Big fast NSS track that should suit him down to the ground.

Smith 0-1 Might nick a point off Bailey.

38 Points minimum I've got Ipswich' tally down for Monday's meeting.

For the supposed pinnacle of British speedway, i.e. play off in the top league, I have to say this was no showpiece whatsoever. The racing was pretty much non-existent. I understand Witches fans not really worrying about that but it certainly aint going to attract any new supporters. I gave up before the end.

2 minutes ago, paulboy said:

For the supposed pinnacle of British speedway, i.e. play off in the top league, I have to say this was no showpiece whatsoever. The racing was pretty much non-existent. I understand Witches fans not really worrying about that but it certainly aint going to attract any new supporters. I gave up before the end.

If the better riders make the start/first two bends what sort of racing do you expect?