British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe Champ Play-offs Saturday 23rd Sept 7pm

Monarchs only need to win their next 3 matches to qualify for the Play-off Final. Hope Sedgy doesn't tire himself out at Glasgow in the afternoon.

STELLAR MONARCHS: Justin Sedgmen (guest), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering (captain), Dayle Wood, Bastian Borke.

ATTIS INSURANCE SCORPIONS: Ryan Douglas, Connor Mountain, Simon Lambert, Jake Allen, Michael Palm Toft, Nathan Ablitt, Drew Kemp.

4 hours ago, eide67 said:

Monarchs only need to win their next 3 matches to qualify for the Play-off Final. Hope Sedgy doesn't tire himself out at Glasgow in the afternoon.

STELLAR MONARCHS: Justin Sedgmen (guest), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering (captain), Dayle Wood, Bastian Borke.

ATTIS INSURANCE SCORPIONS: Ryan Douglas, Connor Mountain, Simon Lambert, Jake Allen, Michael Palm Toft, Nathan Ablitt, Drew Kemp.

Sedgmen didn't tire himself out, thankfully.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 1

Do the mini leagues not count as play offs? I see Sedgmennwas guesting for Redcar this afternoon and for Monarchs tonight. Hopefully, he’ll ride better tonight than he did this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Do the mini leagues not count as play offs? I see Sedgmennwas guesting for Redcar this afternoon and for Monarchs tonight. Hopefully, he’ll ride better tonight than he did this afternoon. 

Farcical really.

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Each mini league is classed as a seperate entity so riders can guest for one team in each

• Haha 2

What's the score with Edinburgh at the moment? Are they finishing at Armadale at the end of the season like they were last year?

Can anybody explain to me why Dayle Wood is taking the team spot of a British youngster?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can anybody explain to me why Dayle Wood is taking the team spot of a British youngster?

British youngsters want too much money and don’t like travel nowadays.They are Superstars if they have a van with their name on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

British youngsters want too much money and don’t like travel nowadays.They are Superstars if they have a van with their name on.

Maybe... they can't all be like that surely

4 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Edinburgh imploding.

..proving the Championship Play-offs format is seriously flawed. 1v4. 2v3 means at least all playoff teams are competitive

• Like 1

Scorpions giving the Monarchs a lesson on how to pass on their own track. Bit of a mismatch this

More depressing viewing for Monarchs fans. One of the lowest crowds I've ever seen at a senior meeting at Armadale.

Do they deliberately make the track as difficult as possible for the home riders? Track was perfect last night but back to being slippery again tonight.

Same for both sides though and Edinburgh are not at the races. Very poor.

51 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Edinburgh imploding.

That happened months ago.

As expected, not even competitive. Shocking crowd and deservedly so. A glimpse of the sort of crowd to expect next season unless a totally different 1-7.