British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

Unless I’m missing something, I really can’t see what the hype is about Luke! From what I can see of last year’s scores??

I hope I’m wrong but what does this say about our plans for next year??

To me he did as well as you'd expect of a 16 year old in his first Champ season. 

After half a season of NL racing it was big jump up to be a reserve for Redcar.

I was a little surprised his NL average wasn't higher (it's not bad) after his guest appearances at the end of last season, but it was still a point above Ace Pijper & look how well he did for Glasgow.

I wouldn't call him a "trump card" like a David Howe, Tai Woffinden or Jordan Palin who were expected to take the second tier by storm in their first season - but these sort of riders don't come along every season.

He's still a promising rider & a good signing on a 2.00 ave.

• Like 1

Luke will be a good rider given time. Did well in some matches for Redcar last season. Was on the pace and in control when riding, just needs to get out of the gate on level terms and he will be fine. Had Danny King giving him pointers after meetings last year and was improving all the time. Good signing for Scunthorpe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

To me he did as well as you'd expect of a 16 year old in his first Champ season. 

After half a season of NL racing it was big jump up to be a reserve for Redcar.

I was a little surprised his NL average wasn't higher (it's not bad) after his guest appearances at the end of last season, but it was still a point above Ace Pijper & look how well he did for Glasgow.

I wouldn't call him a "trump card" like a David Howe, Tai Woffinden or Jordan Palin who were expected to take the second tier by storm in their first season - but these sort of riders don't come along every season.

He's still a promising rider & a good signing on a 2.00 ave.

His average is OK on paper when looked at it at the end of the year we were quite happy as we broke it down into the basics. First 6 meetings he rode was still suffering massively with the injury which restricted his movement on the bike. Then he moved into the main body of the team at 3 which whilst getting back to fitness was hard work for him onto of numerous heat 15s against big hitting riders. We set a target of 7.5 at the start of the season before the crash and to end up on 6.86 we felt was a good effort. If he had refused the additional heat would of been almost on target 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

His average is OK on paper when looked at it at the end of the year we were quite happy as we broke it down into the basics. First 6 meetings he rode was still suffering massively with the injury which restricted his movement on the bike. Then he moved into the main body of the team at 3 which whilst getting back to fitness was hard work for him onto of numerous heat 15s against big hitting riders. We set a target of 7.5 at the start of the season before the crash and to end up on 6.86 we felt was a good effort. If he had refused the additional heat would of been almost on target 

He had a good season thrown in at the deep end at Redcar and to an extent at Worky as I’m sure he never though he would be in the main body so early.The main thing is he got through without any more injuries.Good luck to him this season.

19 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

Unless I’m missing something, I really can’t see what the hype is about Luke! From what I can see of  last year’s scores??

I hope I’m wrong but what does this say about our plans for next year??

Pretty sure they signed him to be a reserve not a heat leader and as a 2 pointer he will definitely increase that with a good run in the team. I like his riding style and he seems to have a good set-up so at the moment it's looking like a good signing for the Scorpions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I saw Luke ride twice last season at Kent. The first was before his injury when he was guesting for Mildenhall and the second after his injury when riding for the Comets. He rode very well in both, and scored 8 from 5 for Mildenhall, which included an exclusion after a coming together with Ben Morley as they crossed the finish line, he also beat Morley for third place in heat 15, that gave Mildenhall a 2 point win. He scored 7 from 5 in the Workington match, he had two lasts. One in heat 15 and the other in his first race where he fell and remounted.

He's definitely got a bright future ahead of him. 

Looks like its going to be...

1 Kyle Howarth

2.Connor.Mountain

3.Simon Lambet

4.Jake Allen

5.Thomas Jorgensen

6.Nathen Abblit

7.Luke Harrison

5 hours ago, eric i said:

1 Kyle Howarth

2.Connor.Mountain

3.Simon Lambet

4.Jake Allen

5.Thomas Jorgensen

6.Nathen Abblit

7.Luke Harrison

Wrong

Neither Mountain or Ablitt did enough to warrant a return.  Gilkes would be a good addition.

1 minute ago, scunny1 said:

Neither Mountain or Ablitt did enough to warrant a return.  Gilkes would be a good addition.

Ablitt never won a race at Poole don't know if he won any last year but with a weaker league would he not and he has had a couple of seasons now in this division be a good bet against some of this year's reserves or is he a rider who is just good at NDL standard.

7 hours ago, eric i said:

1 Kyle Howarth

2.Connor.Mountain

3.Simon Lambet

4.Jake Allen

5.Thomas Jorgensen

6.Nathen Abblit

7.Luke Harrison

Number 5 wrong 

14 hours ago, Essex said:

Ablitt never won a race at Poole don't know if he won any last year but with a weaker league would he not and he has had a couple of seasons now in this division be a good bet against some of this year's reserves or is he a rider who is just good at NDL standard.

Nathan definitely improved last year after a very difficult 2022 with Poole in which he stepped into a strong Pirates team well before he was ready for the Championship. 

He's worthy of a reserve spot in the league this year. 

Edited by Nickinho

The team i had was.. Steve Worrall,Zaine Kennedy,SI Lambert.Jake Allen,Kyle Howarth,Nathan Ablitt and Luke Harrison...

Think we need 2 "No1s to compete