British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

We will see but in my opinion they look weak, not the weakest, i would agree about 5th.

The words poor and weak aren't words you'd use about a mid table team if that's what we are predicting. That would be for teams you think will finish 8th and 9th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The words poor and weak aren't words you'd use about a mid table team if that's what we are predicting. That would be for teams you think will finish 8th and 9th. 

Tbf there are other words you could use for that! :o

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf there are other words you could use for that! :o

Does one rhyme with height :D

5th is very poor if you are a Poole fan.

Tbf now the point limit has lowered, many teams look weak, or certainly week in some areas of the team. 

I'd say I've not seen a single team I would call strong, but someone has to finish top (even if they all look weak pre-season).

• Like 1

Pleased with the team we have assembled within a 38pt limit. Bringing back the core of "the Class of 23" makes sense to me. They know the Scunny set up and there will be very little need for adjustment to it. We were never replacing Dougy, but Kyle Howarth knows Scunny, is the Capt of Premier League Sheffield. So we are adding bags of track know how(e) - excuse pun and a "leader"

Connor and Nathan are capable of pushing on in a league slightly trimmed down for 2024. In Jake, MPT, and Lambo (Cpt Fantastic) we have three heat leaders.

Luke Harrison has the time to go as far as he can in a debut season. So anything is a bonus.

I think ws have a team to get behind I trust the riders and the management to serve up the entertanment again next season. Bring it on. 

Edited by thebaron

6 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Would have liked Gilkes in the team, but it is what it is for this dumbed down league. Personally Mountain and Ablitt did not do enough to warrant re signing, but I hope they kick on in the new season and prove me wrong. If Lambo gets to number 1 ,super fan Scunny Dan will be ecstatic!:D

Certainly have to disagree re Ablitt. Upped his average from below 2.00 to 3.00 riding in the tougher reserve position (6). Think he did very well last year. 

Can understand an argument against Mountain, who scored fantastically well at number 7, but wasn't great in the top 5.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

5th is very poor if you are a Poole fan.

Poole dont look stronger than Scunny though… 

Lawson over Howarth

cook,cook, Brennan vs Allen, MPT, Lambo isnt really much in it 

but id take Scunnys bottom 3 over Pooles everyday 

59 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Lawson over Howarth

My thoughts are Redcar, Oxford, Scunny, Poole and then Glasgow as a top five in that order with the other four as also rans in terms of the Play Offs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Lawson over Howarth

Howarth is the weakest number one in the league, I would take Hagon over Ablitt anyday and Poole have the best top 4 in the league, Tobias Thomsen maybe a weak but then so is Mountain.

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A poor team compared to what? Last season's side perhaps but I think it looks very competitive, I'd have them down for 4th or 5th just behind Poole personally. And probably unbeaten at home.

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

My thoughts are Redcar, Oxford, Scunny, Poole and then Glasgow as a top five in that order with the other four as also rans in terms of the Play Offs.

Make up your mind. ;) So we have Scunny being 4th or 5th and now 3rd. Will they be top tomorrow? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Howarth is the weakest number one in the league, I would take Hagon over Ablitt anyday and Poole have the best top 4 in the league, Tobias Thomsen maybe a weak but then so is Mountain.

Thomson may turn out to be a trump card in this so called weaker league let's give him a chance 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Make up your mind. ;) So we have Scunny being 4th or 5th and now 3rd. Will they be top tomorrow? :D

Yep the more I've thought about it today the more I like Scunny, but they aren't going above Oxford or Redcar :D

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure Poole do have the best top 4…. They have the best 4th averaged rider in Z Cook but as a 4 i think Redcars is there and id take there bottom 3 over Pooles… Thomsen is the worst rider in a top 5 across the league 

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Lawson over Howarth

Cook Cook and brennan = mpt, Allen, lambert... give your head a shake :rofl: