British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Since Riss is a good long track rider,,, you would think the bigger tracks would suit him,,,, 

I really hope he isn't anywhere near the team next year,,, even on a low average 

Agreed, he's lost his bottle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

When it really mattered, they delivered. Just shows why they’re first and second in the averages. Class. 

That's what you pay the big money for.

Well beaten in Ht 13 but when the pressure was at it's maximum in Ht 15 they both stepped up and done the business again.

19 minutes ago, chun said:

The NSS is a custom built track.  not many have the luxury of being so

Leicester had a blank canvas and look at what they did. 

• Like 3

As a Lions fan it’s still difficult to come to terms with the fact that Ipswich made the play offs due to an inept performance from us at Peterborough. Putting on my sensible hat though, I really could not see the Lions ( in their current form / predicament) doing Belle Vue over two legs as the Witches did. Watched the meeting at the NSS stadium tonight and just enjoyed the racing as a neutral. The Witches big guns delivered in the final heat and as a speedway fan, they have to be applauded.

• Like 2

Well done Ipswich throughly deserved. With all due respect, done it yet again with a 6 man team whilst carrying a rider who shouldn’t be out there. Makes the achievement all the more impressive. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Ah, I didn't know that rule existed.

I have no idea what they will do.

Maybe Max Fricke?

Be the same two guests they had tonight muppet.

Congratulations to the Witches, 18 was a big ask and then falling 22 behind made it an impossible task that we nearly pulled off. Pity yet another injury hit us at play off time but the performance at Ipswich and the first four heats tonight did for us. Overall Ipswich did the job and i hope they go onto win it, Doyley and Emil really are two top quality riders enjoy watching them both. Good racing and a good advert for the sport. Good Luck Witches

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Brilliant choreographed speedway for all the muppets who were entranced by a staged match.

To all the participants well done and hope you all are payed well.

this is why no one bothers to watch.   

So ... your only contribution tonight is completely derogatory, and then you throw your curlers out of the nail bar because people throw it back at you?

PS: If you didn't know, "Stupid Woman" is a famous phrase from 'Allo 'Allo, which was splendidly non-PC. 'tler!

• Like 3

Wow! What a night. I love this sport at the NSS. Great meeting to finish on, roll on next year.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

That was a British advert for British Speedway.

That was a Belle Vue advert for Belle Vue style Speedway. Unique - unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm not100% sure if that's right. We're not sure what his illness was. It seemed complicated.

25 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Plenty of us at Redcar have had similar conversations all year, then he goes and rides Longtrack at bigger speeds and more riders in a race and does well. Sort of eliminates the bottle gone theory. He has loads of us confused to be honest. 

Edited by Biffa
Mispelling
  • Like 2

The Witches just hung on then but it was close. Racing ok but not brilliant (except Ht 15) but the scoreline drama made it exciting. Now it's the Premiership select side standing in the way of the double, a much sterner test now they have Lambert on his 2019 average. 

Great meeting but disappointed but well done Ippo. back home and looking forward to watch the recording. I’m off to see the Tigers v Wolves thursday so hope one of my teams will be in the final. One real irritating thing is the bv stadium announcement lady screeching like a mad person. Totally unnecessary.