British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

8 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

But he was riding really well earlier in the season. 

He didn’t look very fit  at the start of the season compared too other years IMO.

3 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Are the monarchs running in 2024 as they were only given an extra season ?

they will be there for a few more years yet 

• Like 1

Can't imagine there'll be houses built on the site for quite a while yet.

Economic climate doesn't lend itself to building smaller houses.

But whether it's profitable for Edinburgh to run might be another matter.

A poor standard team tends to get a lower level of crowd.

So the league structure for next season might be quite important.

• Like 1

So the news the fans had been dreading, no Josh next year. Always admire riders who are ambitious and want to challenge themselves.

Josh has been a great rider for us so I am sure every blue and gold fan wishes him well. 

He was very emotional last night and it would have been nice if he had been publicly thanked for his seven year contribution to Edinburgh.

Big boots to fill next year.

Thank you Joshie P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

So the news the fans had been dreading, no Josh next year. Always admire riders who are ambitious and want to challenge themselves.

Josh has been a great rider for us so I am sure every blue and gold fan wishes him well. 

He was very emotional last night and it would have been nice if he had been publicly thanked for his seven year contribution to Edinburgh.

Big boots to fill next year.

Thank you Joshie P.

I might be in the minority but as great as Josh is to watch I’m not overly fussed that he’s moving on. He’s not an out and out number 1 gating at times is awful, however you then get entertainment but as a number 1 your job is to go out and dominate races imo. Which then makes him a very expensive number 5 and leaves you weak elsewhere.

• Like 2

Just wonder between Josh's decision and Berwick's to drop bullets they know something about the structure next year. I'd imagine Edinburgh would want to be in the stronger league and Josh might want to stay at Sheffield. And would Berwick maybe choose to ride in a champ light version or Ndl plus however want to look at it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Just wonder between Josh's decision and Berwick's to drop bullets they know something about the structure next year. I'd imagine Edinburgh would want to be in the stronger league and Josh might want to stay at Sheffield. And would Berwick maybe choose to ride in a champ light version or Ndl plus however want to look at it?

Edinburgh aren’t even sure they’re running so I doubt they’ll be moving up.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Edinburgh aren’t even sure they’re running so I doubt they’ll be moving up.

Dot the I’s and cross the T’s is pretty much all that’s left to do. Unless something drastic happens between doing so then we’ll be at Armadale in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I might be in the minority but as great as Josh is to watch I’m not overly fussed that he’s moving on. He’s not an out and out number 1 gating at times is awful, however you then get entertainment but as a number 1 your job is to go out and dominate races imo. Which then makes him a very expensive number 5 and leaves you weak elsewhere.

Last night prime example.

As good as his heat off 15m was last night (with the tape touch clearly being intentional) it was heat 13 that won the meeting. And (had it mattered) heat 15 producing the same result. 

8 hours ago, Endeavour said:

He's been paid, week in week out, for doing his job throughout those 7 years. What further public thanking are you expecting?

Fishing for platitudes is a sad way to live life.

At least we won't be subjected to any more "Joshie" nonsense in the updates.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

He's been paid, week in week out, for doing his job throughout those 7 years. What further public thanking are you expecting?

What do you mean by "we" Kemo Sabe ?

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

As an away fan, he was always a highlight.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

As an away fan, he was always a highlight.

Agree.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Why do you get so upset about “Joshie” KJ?    Your name isn’t KJ or even King Jamie

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1