British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

I’d like to see Sedgy and Riss back. If we could fit in the evil twin (assuming he’s not serving a lengthy ban) then that would be a very decent top three. I’d like Jacob back and Paco too maybe as he’s a bit of a bargain average wise. Kye hasn’t progressed as much as he should have so I could see us leaving him out next season. 

42 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’d like to see Sedgy and Riss back. If we could fit in the evil twin (assuming he’s not serving a lengthy ban) then that would be a very decent top three. I’d like Jacob back and Paco too maybe as he’s a bit of a bargain average wise. Kye hasn’t progressed as much as he should have so I could see us leaving him out next season. 

Defo Erik and another German Kevin Wolbert. We need an out and out number one. Sedgy is up and down like a fiddler’s elbow.

Reckon we could just about squeeze this 7 under the 40 point limit ( TBC )

Wolbert - Riss - Worrall - Palovaara - Castagna - Hook - Clegg

Probably pie in the sky stuff but on paper looks interesting enough ?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 7:04 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

What do you mean by "we" Kemo Sabe ?

"we", as in myself and any other Monarchs / speedway fans who may agree with me.

You appear to not be in agreement with my thoughts. That's not a problem. Fair play and all that.

It may well be that I am the only Monarchs / speedway fan to whom it matters. Not really something we could prove either way. You're more than welcome to undertake a fan survey in an attempt to find out?

3 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Why do you get so upset about “Joshie” KJ?    Your name isn’t KJ or even King Jamie

I'm well aware what my name is m'dear. The difference being, this is an online forum for, amongst others, terracing nobodies such as myself. Nothing official about it.

By comparison:

British Speedway website - he's referred to as Josh.

In the Monarchs programme, it's Josh.

Monarchs website - it's Josh everywhere I've looked, apart from in the live updates for some reason. Official channels should stick to official names at all times and on a consistent basis.

I've always been annoyed at the use of inaccurate ID. It goes back a number of years. For example, several tracks have printed / announced riders by referring to them as:

Dalle Andersson (instead of Daniel)

Thomas Jonasson (missing the vital H in the middle)

Rusty Harrison (instead of Russell)

Willie Lawson (instead of William)

Paco Castagna (instead of Michele)

The list is endless.

A poor show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

"we", as in myself and any other Monarchs / speedway fans who may agree with me.

You appear to not be in agreement with my thoughts. That's not a problem. Fair play and all that.

It may well be that I am the only Monarchs / speedway fan to whom it matters. Not really something we could prove either way. You're more than welcome to undertake a fan survey in an attempt to find out?

I'm well aware what my name is m'dear. The difference being, this is an online forum for, amongst others, terracing nobodies such as myself. Nothing official about it.

By comparison:

Monarchs website - it's Josh everywhere I've looked, apart from in the live updates for some reason. Official channels should stick to official names at all times and on a consistent basis.

I've always been annoyed at the use of inaccurate ID. It goes back a number of years. For example, several tracks have printed / announced riders by referring to them as:

The list is endless.

A poor show.

Not much to worry about then? Glad you have your life in that much order, well done mate :t:

• Haha 1

I’d keep paco and Bastian. Would potentially give Craig another chance if he’s back in good health. The rest can go. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’d keep paco and Bastian. Would potentially give Craig another chance if he’s back in good health. The rest can go. 

Absolutely no way can we consider giving Cook a place. He has my sympathy re. his health issues but his absence was total pain in the neck this season and it would be a total gamble. 

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Defo Erik and another German Kevin Wolbert. We need an out and out number one. Sedgy is up and down like a fiddler’s elbow.

Do fiddler's elbows elbows go up and down? :unsure::drink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

No wood then .

Yip. No Dayle at the Dale. The lad himself probably knew he wasn’t ready for the step up.

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Rumour says the new limit will be 36 

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

By comparison:

The list is endless.

A poor show.

His instagram account is Joshie, as is his merchandise. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, snapper said:

Rumour says the new limit will be 36 

Last winter the rumour was 38 at one point and they didn't do that, so hopefully they won't do 36. Taking 4 points off is a lot! But assuming it is to phase out doubling up for top end riders. Doubling up should just be for riders transitioning from Champ to Prem to see if they are ready for it, especially if they are widening the gap. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Would cost a fortune in air fares though.

• Like 1

Rumour I’ve heard is 36 for 6 with a No 7 of 2points/ under 21/24/ British rider. Who knows. Take your pick on a No7 option