British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

No, but wouldn’t surprise me if they were sniffing around borke. 

Would we get a loan fee? What average is he on?

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Would we get a loan fee? What average is he on?

Yes and 4.00.

however I hope he doesn’t jump ship for a few extra quid.

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes and 4.00.

I believe its the SPEEDWAY TRACK that interests him not the money

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes and 4.00.

Frustrating identifying a rider, taking a punt on him and losing him the next season.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Frustrating identifying a rider, taking a punt on him and losing him the next season.

Plenty frustrated Teams over the years on that one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Exactly. Think the club looked after him well. 

But, personally, I think from Borke’s point of view, it’s a bit of a no brainer. Unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Macca said:

Exactly. Think the club looked after him well. 

But, personally, I think from Borke’s point of view, it’s a bit of a no brainer. Unfortunately. 

Mastering Armadale would make Borke a better rider in the long term.Most decent riders over the years can ride Armadale.

Struggling to think who Monarch's heat leaders would be next season, so picked 2 who have been made available.

Edinburgh  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Tom Brennan 7.15
Kye Thomson 6.48
Paco Castagna 5.30
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Borke / Hook 4.00
An Other 2.00
Total 37.89

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Struggling to think who Monarch's heat leaders would be next season, so picked 2 who have been made available.

Edinburgh  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Tom Brennan 7.15
Kye Thomson 6.48
Paco Castagna 5.30
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Borke / Hook 4.00
An Other 2.00
Total 37.89

Put us down for last with that side. I know it most definitely won’t be that thankfully.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Put us down for last with that side. I know it most definitely won’t be that thankfully.

Every suggested side should look like a poor side if teams are going from 42 (on average) to 38. 

Not saying it will be that team, but to me doesn't look much worse than the current side (who made the play-offs) with every other team having to weaken don't forget.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Every suggested side should look like a poor side if teams are going from 42 (on average) to 38. 

Not saying it will be that team, but to me doesn't look much worse than the current side (who made the play-offs) with every other team having to weaken don't forget.

Difficult to judge, aye, but bringing back four riders from a team that were so far off the pace last season gives me the fear. The scars are still visible :D 

Made the play-offs but only because the other three teams were so bad. Miles away from the top fives teams. Miles. 

Brennan a shout but I’d be hoping to try and squeeze him in instead of Kye. 

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

When’s the AGM and confirmation that we’ll be team building to a points limit of about 23? 

AGM 10/11 NOVEMBER 

14 hours ago, Macca said:

Difficult to judge, aye, but bringing back four riders from a team that were so far off the pace last season gives me the fear. The scars are still visible :D 

It doesn't always work like that.

I well remember the 2007 season. We had a number of injuries and finished near the bottom. That year, the likes of Andrew Tully, Matthew Wethers and Derek Sneddon were 'stalwarts'. William Lawson had also featured for a while and, albeit not part of the declared 1-7, Aaron Summers was used as the equivalent of what's now an NL guest on a number of occasions.

Roll on to 2008. Kaj Laukkanen and George Stancl were replaced by Ryan Fisher and THJ, joining the 5 named above.

The result? A brilliant season. Strolled the league title and added the Premier Trophy for good measure.

I should probably collect stats as to how many winter changes teams make on an annual basis. Sadly, I can't be bothered, so I can't actually say whether the above is the exception to any potential rule!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

It doesn't always work like that.

I well remember the 2007 season. We had a number of injuries and finished near the bottom. That year, the likes of Andrew Tully, Matthew Wethers and Derek Sneddon were 'stalwarts'. William Lawson had also featured for a while and, albeit not part of the declared 1-7, Aaron Summers was used as the equivalent of what's now an NL guest on a number of occasions.

Roll on to 2008. Kaj Laukkanen and George Stancl were replaced by Ryan Fisher and THJ, joining the 5 named above.

The result? A brilliant season. Strolled the league title and added the Premier Trophy for good measure.

I should probably collect stats as to how many winter changes teams make on an annual basis. Sadly, I can't be bothered, so I can't actually say whether the above is the exception to any potential rule!

What a team that Edinburgh 2008 side was. They absolutely dominated that year.

• Like 3