British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Last winter the rumour was 38 at one point and they didn't do that, so hopefully they won't do 36. Taking 4 points off is a lot! But assuming it is to phase out doubling up for top end riders. Doubling up should just be for riders transitioning from Champ to Prem to see if they are ready for it, especially if they are widening the gap. 

Top end riders won’t want that though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Rumour I’ve heard is 36 for 6 with a No 7 of 2points/ under 21/24/ British rider. Who knows. Take your pick on a No7 option

Boughen

Harrison

Sam McGurk

Hodder

Perry

James

Freeman

and??

(Note I'm assuming that Trigger and Hagon are not eligible as have averages above 2. And Killeen would be at Oxford with Boughen.Marson and Congreve might squeeze in as 'British')

57 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Tough.

agree but the last time they tried it the riders won the argument.Can remember Harris saying he couldn’t make it pay.!!!

16 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Reckon we could just about squeeze this 7 under the 40 point limit ( TBC )

Wolbert - Riss - Worrall - Palovaara - Castagna - Hook - Clegg

Probably pie in the sky stuff but on paper looks interesting enough ?

Interesting shouts. 

Personally, I’d try to get Masters back instead of Riss and downgrade Palovaara and/or Hook, to be stronger in heats 13+15. 

If Brum moving up means less likely Oxford moving up, realise chance of Masters returning is slim! 

There’s no way we can gamble on Cook with his average. Particularly after how bad we were this season - next season needs to be far, far better obviously! 

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Boughen

Harrison

Sam McGurk

Hodder

Perry

James

Freeman

and??

(Note I'm assuming that Trigger and Hagon are not eligible as have averages above 2. And Killeen would be at Oxford with Boughen.Marson and Congreve might squeeze in as 'British')

If the travelling suits, I'd say Max Perry would be good signing for the Monarchs.

If there is to be two leagues... The championship ought to have teams at this kind of strength really... (totally hypothetical team, not my edinburgh suggestion at all)

1. Josh Pickering

2. Bastian Borke

3. Paco Castagna

4. Lasse Fredriksen

5. Jake Allen

6. Connor Coles

7. Luke Harrison

Not only would this type of team be more financially viable for the clubs in the CL... But it would reduce the gap between the NL and CL and increase the gap between the PL and CL... Which would combat two of British speedway's biggest problems... The lack of progression for youngsters (because the step up from the NL to the CL is ridiculous) and doubling up between the PL and CL.

I'd like to see the Rising star rule implemented in the CL and also a maximum of 2 double up between the PL and CL riders per team... (Pickering and Allen in this example)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

Boughen

Harrison

Sam McGurk

Hodder

Perry

James

Freeman

and??

Don’t think anyone would be going any where near Freeman, he’s miles off it. Be better allowing Trigger and Hagon to take the 2 spots, rather than them potentially missing out due to being ‘too good’

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Interesting shouts. 

Personally, I’d try to get Masters back instead of Riss and downgrade Palovaara and/or Hook, to be stronger in heats 13+15. 

If Brum moving up means less likely Oxford moving up, realise chance of Masters returning is slim! 

There’s no way we can gamble on Cook with his average. Particularly after how bad we were this season - next season needs to be far, far better obviously! 

Masters apparently going to Leicester according to another thread.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, arnieg said:

Boughen

Harrison

Sam McGurk

Hodder

Perry

James

Freeman

and??

I hope they don't have a strict 2.00 average for the number 7, as that just hinders riders like the two you have mentioned already.

A similar thing happened in 2015, Edinburgh signed 2 x 3.00 riders (Branford & Clegg) when they didn't have to, then the following year dropped them both as they reached 3.5 for a new 3.00 rider (when a new rule came in).

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

agree but the last time they tried it the riders won the argument.Can remember Harris saying he couldn’t make it pay.!!!

But riders like Nicol, Ruml, Wethers etc who didn't get a team spot would likely agree to one team spot rather than staying home for another season.

They need to make Speedway affordable for the fans, if that means riders have to work & race (some already do) then so be it!

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But riders like Nicol, Ruml, Wethers etc who didn't get a team spot would likely agree to one team spot rather than staying home for another season.

They need to make Speedway affordable for the fans, if that means riders have to work & race (some already do) then so be it!

But like you say if we’re watching lower level speedway(points wise not entertainment wise) you have to make admission prices relevant.

My suggested team line-up for next season if there are two leagues and only 8 teams in the Championship:

1   ?

2   Tate Zischke                    4.00 (?)

3   Erik Riss                           6.85 (?)

4   Kye Thomson                  6.05 (?)

5   ?

6   Bastian Borke                 3.83  (?)

7   Max Clegg                       2.00 (1.88)     

Total:                                   22.73

This would leave 17.23 points for two heat leaders (8.63 each) if the averages stay at 40 for next season. If the total is 38 then 7.63 would be the remaining figures. 

* Figures are based on 2023 CMA stats at the speedway-stats website and are not necessarily what they will be revised to next year.

** I don't know if Zischke would come in on a 4 or 5 for the purposes of my post i've put 4 and that's if he  gets cleared to ride in the UK after last year's accident. 

51 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

My suggested team line-up for next season if there are two leagues and only 8 teams in the Championship:

1   ?

2   Tate Zischke                    4.00 (?)

3   Erik Riss                           6.85 (?)

4   Kye Thomson                  6.05 (?)

5   ?

6   Bastian Borke                 3.83  (?)

7   Max Clegg                       2.00 (1.88)     

Total:                                   22.73

This would leave 17.23 points for two heat leaders (8.63 each) if the averages stay at 40 for next season. If the total is 38 then 7.63 would be the remaining figures. 

* Figures are based on 2023 CMA stats at the speedway-stats website and are not necessarily what they will be revised to next year.

** I don't know if Zischke would come in on a 4 or 5 for the purposes of my post i've put 4 and that's if he  gets cleared to ride in the UK after last year's accident. 

Borke cant go below 4 and Max Clegg is on 4.21

Edited by Weeyin

3 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Borke cant go below 4 and Max Clegg is on 4.21

In that case scrap Clegg and bring in another 2 pointer. Still leaves a lot of points to play with for the two heat leader spots.