British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Reading between the lines at last week's press conference, sounds like Poole would prefer Glasgow in the final 

Why wouldn't you. I thought all along why picked group they did hoping Glasgow won this group and then have a doddle of a final. Especially if we put in our usual Poole display 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Reading between the lines at last week's press conference, sounds like Poole would prefer Glasgow in the final 

Doesn't really matter in terms of the winners of the Grand Final as the Pirates will beat whoever over 2 legs.

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

20 minutes ago, Barabas said:

I'm not sure ace is an upgrade on Jack hmmm ?? ...ace has been out recently  lack of racing his arm just out of sling so thats not good ? ..he looked all over the place when he was racing looked like locking up every race a danger to himself & others & low & behold out injured it was coming his style on bike is not great,  jack much smoother racer just hasn't got the points he's deserved, was mixing it well recently in the top division for ipswich ...if I had my way jack over ace all day long 

Remember though with the new rules for no8 that they can replace anyone at any time so Smith could have some of Pijper and Complin’s rides (as long as they have 3) and the same for Oxford Killeen could replace Atkins or Boughen in rides if they were struggling also 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Why wouldn't you. I thought all along why picked group they did hoping Glasgow won this group and then have a doddle of a final. Especially if we put in our usual Poole display 

Hmmm. You did get 37 last time and r/r for Novak got 2. Think Tarasenko might get a few more than that! Easier rides for Tom as well. 

I don't mind who we face, so hoping for a superheat tonight. :D

Glasgow favourites for this but I think heat 2 could be massive. Glasgow reserves had the better of the Oxford pair in the league and if Oxford have any chance they will need to turn that around.

5 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Glasgow favourites for this but I think heat 2 could be massive. Glasgow reserves had the better of the Oxford pair in the league and if Oxford have any chance they will need to turn that around.

Get behind yer team more as Oxford av a great chance especially with sum folk talking about Glasgow calling upon Jack Smith to take sum rides. They av little confidence in Complin & Pijper!

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmmm. You did get 37 last time and r/r for Novak got 2. Think Tarasenko might get a few more than that! Easier rides for Tom as well. 

I don't mind who we face, so hoping for a superheat tonight. :D

Yeah but that match counted towards the averages remember. He's never seen it before, wasn't fantastic at Oxford tarasenko. 

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Just sensible, really. Gives Ace a chance without having all the pressure, especially with R/R for Claus. If Ace can ride, he is an upgrade on Jack.

It's hard to justify an #8 during the regular season, but at this stage of the playoffs, it's good insurance.

Ace isn't a upgrade weaker him being back, least there's a no8 who can take rides if needed 

Looks like the gate doctoring did not help the tiggers :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DazS said:

has to be jack smith rest of meeting.

Don't everybody still have to have 3 rides? 

1 minute ago, DazS said:

has to be jack smith rest of meeting.

A number 8 used to only be able to cover r/r rides, that rule may well have changed though?

Just now, spt82 said:

A number 8 used to only be able to cover r/r rides, that rule may well have changed though?

Ace needs 3 rides. Cami should pay him to run through the tapes in his next two rides.