British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

50 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is there an actual rule book description for bunching? I just assumed it was a general term for a coming together on the first bend.

I thought unless you were blatantly at fault - Segdmen at Redcar when he took-out Bailey, for example - the you were protected by the referee being conscious of a lack of space in the first turn, thus there’s a higher risk of collision.

Jason Doyle during the GP in Torun is a perfect example. He caused two stoppages of the same heat and Stevie Wonder could see he was causing these stoppages by running across and into opponents, but I was under the impression he was protected by the old first bend bunching.

If Pijper was the blatant cause of the stoppage, then Oxford have a right to be fuming.

There is no rule on first bend bunching at all. The rule they manipulate for this is 'unsatisfactory start', originally intended for the very initial part of a race. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:57 PM, bruno said:

I'd go for Dave Rowe I think he's name is, does bits now and again. Seems to know what's going on during meetings 

Please god no!  Dave Rowe is too hyper-frenetic, motormouth at a million miles per hour on steroids, never comes up for air.  My ears are frazzled within seconds of his commentary starting.  I'm exhausted just listening to him.  He needs to calm himself to a frenzy. :blink: 

1 hour ago, GS550 said:

Please god no!  Dave Rowe is too hyper-frenetic, motormouth at a million miles per hour on steroids, never comes up for air.  My ears are frazzled within seconds of his commentary starting.  I'm exhausted just listening to him.  He needs to calm himself to a frenzy. :blink: 

You must love Tatum who stumbles and stutters his way around trying to relay what he is seeing into words and by the time he has the chequered flag is fluttering away.

David Rowe makes your average speedway heat sound interesting and definitely makes the sport come across as more exciting to your average Joe Public. 

Edited by SilentLurker
David Rowe Fan Club
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Such fine margins , ht 12 mullered Oxford .

...and Heats 13 and 14

Back to Glasgow v Oxford. If you haven't watched the stream try and do so. This shows that Lee Complin's move in heat 14 was totally brilliant. He bombed under Lewi Kerr on the third bend and created a huge  hole for Tom Brennan to come from third to first resulting in a 5-1 that all but won us the match on aggregate. It was good when you saw it but I  can't stop watching it on repeat.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

You must love Tatum who stumbles and stutters his way around trying to relay what he is seeing into words and by the time he has the chequered flag is fluttering away.

David Rowe makes your average speedway heat sound interesting and definitely makes the sport come across as more exiting to your average Joe Public. 

I never mentioned Kelvin Tatum.  Dave Rowe is just a nightmare, so you love being motormouthed at a million miles an hour on steroids and your ears frazzled by a guy that has only one gear - going at a frenetic pace and never comes up for air.  The guy needs to calm himself down to a frenzy.  He's a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I never mentioned Kelvin Tatum.  Dave Rowe is just a nightmare, so you love being motormouthed at a million miles an hour on steroids and your ears frazzled by a guy that has only one gear - going at a frenetic pace and never comes up for air.  The guy needs to calm himself down to a frenzy.  He's a nightmare.

My head is more frazzled by a guy repeating the same ‘no doubt about that.” While mixing it up with the occasional ‘no question about that.” 500 times over 2 hours. In Kelvins own words I am ‘working overtime’ listening to his commentary and once the meeting is finished I turn off the television at a ‘jet propelled’ speed.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread. The petition for Lee Complin to get into the Glasgow Tigers hall of fame starts here.

3 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

My head is more frazzled by a guy repeating the same ‘no doubt about that.” While mixing it up with the occasional ‘no question about that.” 500 times over 2 hours. In Kelvins own words I am ‘working overtime’ listening to his commentary and once the meeting is finished I turn off the television at a ‘jet propelled’ speed.

Nothing to do with Tatum.  Dave Rowe is just a nightmare - can't listen to him - as if he's on acid, always frenetic, not a pleasure to listen to at all.

IF the stripes stay champ and IF the 36 rumoured limit is implemented, Lee must be in the discussion for a place on sub 4 average surely?

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

IF the stripes stay champ and IF the 36 rumoured limit is implemented, Lee must be in the discussion for a place on sub 4 average surely?

Clubs will struggle to justify £20 admission for another dilution of the points limit.

• Like 4

Just now, Gazc said:

Clubs will struggle to justify £20 admission for another dilution of the points limit.

100%, in no way want the 36 as I've said on other threads but let's face it I'm still going to be there every week. 

9 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

As far as I know, yes, 3 ride minimum, happy for someone more familiar with today's rulebook to contradict. 

On the face of it, see above, another very poor decision from Broon.

Yes minimum 3 rides, but it becomes 4 when also eligible for an R/R ride for the absent Vissing.

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

Yes minimum 3 rides, but it becomes 4 when also eligible for an R/R ride for the absent Vissing.

Really? Can’t they (theoretically) give 3 to Lee and 1 to Tom?

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

But these days a quid is only worth 20p or maybe 30p so on that score 20 quid is only about a fiver in auld money.

6 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Really? Can’t they (theoretically) give 3 to Lee and 1 to Tom?

Going by what others have said about the rule then no, the minimum 3 rides becomes 4 if eligible to take one of the R/R rides - its one R/R ride per each of the 4 eligible riders, don't think one rider can take 2 R/R rides, has to be one each so that would include another ride for Ace as part of his minimum set of rides - unless withdrawn from the meeting.

Edited by GS550