British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

We must also remember Oxford can’t use any guest already used in Group B so Sedgy, Howarth and Flint ruled out. Who would be left to replace them?

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Looks that way. No real winner here - Glasgow forefit the match (joke), Oxford race without Masters and Nicholls (joke).

Correct..neither are satisfying endings to either teams season. But thank the powers that be for extending every deadline all season but this one (as far as we know). 

• Like 1

Weather is blustery showers &  no way can it be staged so correct call to postpone the match at an early stage.

Could the possible re staging day be the traditional Friday night ? 

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct..neither are satisfying endings to either teams season. But thank the powers that be for extending every deadline all season but this one (as far as we know). 

1 minute ago, Diablo said:

Weather is blustery showers &  no way can it be staged so correct call to postpone the match at an early stage.

What about Sunday? Is everyone free then? Sure they will let you have one day over. Can't see the playoff final start til the following week anyway. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What about Sunday? Is everyone free then? Sure they will let you have one day over. Can't see the playoff final start til the following week anyway. 

Would Scott and Sam be back?

Forecast no great for Sunday. Friday is best option to get chance of getting it in. However, Oxford should be allowed proper guests from say Edinburgh or scunny who probably be out by then. Not ideal but a better option than bowtell or equivalent for marsters

Edited by Jaizer

Just now, Diablo said:

I no longer care. I'm going through to Armadale on Friday night because I'm over in Edinburgh that day anyway. 

Interestingly though, if Glasgow had staged the meeting today and lost, it would have been the last action at Ashfield this season as there seems to be nothing else lined up if they don't make the final. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Brennan and Jenkins on FIM duty for Team GB in Opole

10 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

We must also remember Oxford can’t use any guest already used in Group B so Sedgy, Howarth and Flint ruled out. Who would be left to replace them?

Not our problem harsh as it may seem , same as it couldn’t be helped whilst Redcar had to cobble a team of guests together at Oxford.

But there was no chance off this meeting going ahead tonight regardless if Scott isn’t convinced or not.

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Brennan and Jenkins on FIM duty for Team GB in Opole

Someone on the first page of this thread said Jenkins was injured. Is he injured or not?

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

Someone on the first page of this thread said Jenkins was injured. Is he injured or not?

Jenkins is injured, would have been r/r tonight and he's not riding tomorrow for the Chargers either.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Thinking about this, Glasgow must have a back up plan surely? To call it off early due to a bad forecast, and potentially lose any chance of making the final in the process is a bold call. You'd think they would have tried everything to get it on if it's their only chance. I'm convinced Glasgow must know either that there is a re-staging date in place before the cut off, or they know the cut off has been extended (I suspect the latter).

Personally I think the BSPL need to step in if the two clubs can’t agree a date maybe they have , If not then a date should be decided for them with a back up date i if the weather continues to not play ball.

Regardless if either team are missing riders for whatever reason.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Thinking about this, Glasgow must have a back up plan surely? To call it off early due to a bad forecast, and potentially lose any chance of making the final in the process is a bold call. You'd think they would have tried everything to get it on if it's their only chance. I'm convinced Glasgow must know either that there is a re-staging date in place before the cut off, or they know the cut off has been extended (I suspect the latter).

Didn't Glasgow cover the track for a meeting in the past, was it the GP challenge 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Didn't Glasgow cover the track for a meeting in the past, was it the GP challenge 

Only works if the rain stops.

• Like 2

Was Tarasenko due to be missing tonight? Some talk (purely that) he was wasn’t on his morning flight suggests they either they told him not to bother as it was going to be called off or it was a tactical rain off as no Vissing  as well.

Either way gutting for the  end of season format and the fans. Let’s hope they can agree a date with full strength teams. 

Edited by J-D

30 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Would Scott and Sam be back?

Forecast no great for Sunday. Friday is best option to get chance of getting it in. However, Oxford should be allowed proper guests from say Edinburgh or scunny who probably be out by then. Not ideal but a better option than bowtell or equivalent for marsters

Edinburgh and Scunny both already riding Friday. I guess if Friday is a real option then Rory Schlein would be the only reasonable guest.